• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

Going to give it a chance, but yikes. A "no" from kotaku? Pretty disappointed right now.

If Bloodborne is a flop I think I'll cry.

What do reviews have to do with a game being a flop? It's just another person opinion.

Let's not forget about how MCC got scored...reviewers aren't consistent

Yoday

Reviews are going exactly as expected. The game sounds exactly like I thought it was going to turn out, And I am perfectly fine with that. I can't wait to play on Friday. Yet another game that has reinforced my feeling on the complete uselessness of reviews in the modern age of gaming.

MJLord

Looking at the content of some of the reviews, the story pacing even comes under fire. From what I'm reading, it sounds like it was written as a standard 90 minute/2 hour film and then stretched out thin.

Yeah I'm seeing that in places too. The setting intrigues me, if I can get it cheaper in a year or so then I'll be okay with that.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
When games like AC Unity score what they score despite major issues, you know that many of these reviews are unnecessarily critical when they decide to be.

kamandi

4CBtk3I.gif

My feelings exactly.

zeromcd73

Wow, i really think that reviewers have a thing against Sony Exclusives. Does this game really deserve to get a 4/10? when other games gets a pass? Like sites know about the hype and then give it an awful score. I have not played it but 4/10 is a pretty terrible score when most games lay around 60-70. I seriously doubt that its that bad.
lol. Bloodborne will do amazingly well.

Based Miyazaki-sama.

spekkeh

Banned
get

It's a shame, from the reviews it sounds like an interesting story. I can't justify full price on something where I'm going to be pressing quicktime event prompts for a majority of the game though. I'll probably get this later down the line.

Haha perfect gif.

Luke_Wal

I would be interested in hearing what separates this game from Uncharted in the minds of reviewers. Like, not that I don't believe the game isn't great, but a lot of these criticisms sound a lot like something I could levy towards Uncharted. I'd be curious to hear what people feel like the difference is, or what line between the two The Order crossed that made it take a trip to suck town.

When games like AC Unity score what they score despite major issues, you know that many of these reviews are unnecessarily critical when they decide to be.

That is my only qualm, have no problem with the score themselves just not sure how they are all held against each other.

Look forward to this game when it is cheap which is bumped up from not caring.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Our (PlayStation LifeStyle) review: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...6-review-interactive-19th-century-cinema-ps4/

8/10 -- a score it definitely deserves. Most people won't like it since it doesn't have any online component, or any social features and is not a sandbox game. But it's fine by me. Narrative-driven, with amazing audio/visual work? Yep, it's The Order.

Bottom line is: reviews will be super polarized depending no who reviewed it. If they're a fan of games like Heavy Rain, go pick it up. If not, then don't bother. It won't change your mind.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
And so concludes the eighteen minutes of my life I spent in a The Order thread.

Betty

Banned
The story was boring, it ended too quickly, the climax was underwhelming and the characters were dull.

The gamplay critique's could've been ignored if the plot lived up to any sort of interesting tale, but it just didn't.

The scores are a total non surprise.

SaitoH

I preorder the game for $40 almost two years ago. At worst, given the length of the game, I'll likely finish it this weekend and can trade it back for $35.

It's a shame, I love the characters, the style and the world. RAD made an amazing portable GoW game; I had a high hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom