• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S3 |OT| Zack's Latest Victim: Your Sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

SURGEdude

Another garbage episode full of careless writing. Still, at least something happened this time. Also the final scene was well done and there were a couple of good shots earlier on. Still think the ancients look really stupid and the costumes are crappy looking.

Really wish they would dump the flashbacks, the characters are mostly so one dimensional it ends up feeling like filler. It just ends up fucking up the pace which is the last thing this show needs.

Notable sloppiness:
Loved that the kid didn't have the same accent as the adult version. Or how they hide behind a propane tank during a gunfight. Also the intro was so telegraphed that it took what could have been a cool scene and threw it away. Going directly from there to the distribution center stripped out any mystery as to where the source for the humans was going to come from.

Alpende

I really liked that last scene with Quinlan going ham on those Strigoi. Got some 300 vibes from that action sequence.

SURGEdude

I really liked that last scene with Quinlan going ham on those Strigoi. Got some 300 vibes from that action sequence.

It almost felt like they brought in somebody else for that scene. The CG and choreography made it feel like a total different show made by competent people.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I don't like the Dutch/Ef thing. Feels too sloppy.

The end was neat, but I just feel like they could have done all of this in half the episodes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode is tonight!

Do or Die

New York begins falling and Eph and Dutch try to finish their new device before the city gets overrun. Elsewhere: Justine, Gus, and Angel make a final stand against the virus.

big ander

burst out laughing at Angel, Feraldo and Kowalski's deaths, such useless characters that meant nothing in life and definitely nothing in death. Well, Angel was always sort of fun to watch I guess. But he was never defined beyond his introduction. At least Feraldo's came as a result of worm splatter, an occurrence that does not happen nearly often enough on the show. That was one of the most terrifying parts about this plague early on and it swiftly disappeared.

Palmer pulling the shotgun on Eichorst though, that was the first time this show's actually surprised me in a while! I didn't fully catch what Palmer had said to his head of security upon returning, and I was expecting Palmer to get strigoi'd like Eichorst said, or for Palmer to kill himself before letting Eichorst do that possibly bringing Eichorst down with him. The full-on ambush approach was cool, and now I wanna see Palmer go down in a blaze of glory. could make his boring daddy issues worth it.

Dutch/Eph/Fet love triangle is stupid as shit. Wonder whether Fet or Dutch is doing to die in the season finale—feels like it has to be one or the other. I'm going with Fet.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
burst out laughing at Angel, Feraldo and Kowalski's deaths, such useless characters that meant nothing in life and definitely nothing in death. Well, Angel was always sort of fun to watch I guess. But he was never defined beyond his introduction. At least Feraldo's came as a result of worm splatter, an occurrence that does not happen nearly often enough on the show. That was one of the most terrifying parts about this plague early on and it swiftly disappeared.

Palmer pulling the shotgun on Eichorst though, that was the first time this show's actually surprised me in a while! I didn't fully catch what Palmer had said to his head of security upon returning, and I was expecting Palmer to get strigoi'd like Eichorst said, or for Palmer to kill himself before letting Eichorst do that possibly bringing Eichorst down with him. The full-on ambush approach was cool, and now I wanna see Palmer go down in a blaze of glory. could make his boring daddy issues worth it.

Dutch/Eph/Fet love triangle is stupid as shit. Wonder whether Fet or Dutch is doing to die in the season finale—feels like it has to be one or the other. I'm going with Fet.
  1. True. RIP. Meh
  2. Yup, most unexpected thing this whole season
  3. Completely absurd sexist love triangle BS (half kidding)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I don't even know why they bothered with Angel. Apparently he was cool in the books? Or something? I remember people being excited about him when he was first introduced on the show but then he literally never did anything? He never evolved past "the other dude who also kills things, sometimes". What a pointless character.

Palmer pulling the shotgun on Eichorst though, that was the first time this show's actually surprised me in a while!

Same here, and it would have been a legitimately great moment if they hadn't pulled yet another fucking standoff fakeout.

Lorcain

I like how characters that have a worm land on their face just sit there it let it get into their eye. You can count the seconds as it sits on the cheek, and then makes its way into the eye. I'd be so paranoid about worm splatter that I would wear a face shield at all times.

I think they could've condensed seasons 1-3 into a much shorter narrative and had this episode be the fall of NYC most viewers were expecting in season 1.

I like Palmer's new direction. I hope he becomes a huge pain in the ass for team master.

big ander

My hope for the series finale: they think they kill Eichorst in the final battle, then while surveying the carnage they notice his body's gone. smash cut to: tropical beach. a figure covered in a dark cloak and under a big umbrella sips a fruity drink. Eichorst lowers his sunglasses, looks into the camera and winks. roll credits

Alpende

My hope for the series finale: they think they kill Eichorst in the final battle, then while surveying the carnage they notice his body's gone. smash cut to: tropical beach. a figure covered in a dark cloak and under a big umbrella sips a fruity drink. Eichorst lowers his sunglasses, looks into the camera and winks. roll credits

I'm fine with that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season finale is tonight!

The Fall

In the third season finale, the Master reveals himself and initiates the end game of the battle. Also: Eph; Fet; Setrakian; and Dutch make a last-ditch effort to defeat the strain.

Oh shit.

The finale is named after the second book.

So it looks like season four is gonna at least start directly on the lines of book three.

Unless they drastically change the plot, which, you know.

I don't even know why they bothered with Angel. Apparently he was cool in the books? Or something? I remember people being excited about him when he was first introduced on the show but then he literally never did anything? He never evolved past "the other dude who also kills things, sometimes". What a pointless character.

Angel, like 99% of the series, is totally neutered.

IronRinn

Yeah, I guess Angel's death was meant to be a powerful moment but they did nothing to make you care about him. It almost feels like this season they realized that and tried to make up for the lack of character depth by giving all the leads a flashback.

That scene at the end was a highlight for this show, though.

charsace

Zack is easily the one of the most hated characters on TV. He is more of an asshole now than he was in the books.

Now he has to die.

#DeathTo Zack Goodweather

NimaiCm.jpg

Thread title is too damn good. Seriously, kill Zack and kill him in the most brutal way. The kid deserves to die for setting off the Fallout series.

Mindlog

So they stared directly into a nuclear blast.
Duck and covered a nuclear blast.
Survived that nuclear blast.

Sure. Why not?

I hope Zack wins.
I had quit the show, but others insisted I watch. I see you rhonda~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom