• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S3 |OT| Zack's Latest Victim: Your Sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrod38

5L68lFj.gif

bitbydeath

It's funny how the threat of worms is completely lost to the main crew. The stigoi they had locked in the test cage, when it was shot no worms anywhere... Lol

Yep, same when the pest guy (forget his name) threw the stigoi worker into the machinery and exploded everywhere.

No worms at all.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yep, same when the pest guy (forget his name) threw the stigoi worker into the machinery and exploded everywhere.

No worms at all.

Something shared with the Walking Dead franchise, where zombie bites can kill you with their toxicity, yet characters will happily smear themselves up to their tits in walker blood and guts.

If the strigoi are all coordinated again now, including using construction equipment, what is the point in the master?

The key to defeating the master is locking him in a silver lined coffin? Simple! Well no shit, I could have thought of that without the lumen. Why not just kill the crimson worm instead of letting it slither away?

Also yeah, it takes me out of it how care free everyone is around the strigoi and their worms. Like, it only takes one worm/ one scratch from their stinger and you're done.

Alpende

If the strigoi are all coordinated again now, including using construction equipment, what is the point in the master?

The key to defeating the master is locking him in a silver lined coffin? Simple! Well no shit, I could have thought of that without the lumen. Why not just kill the crimson worm instead of letting it slither away?

Also yeah, it takes me out of it how care free everyone is around the strigoi and their worms. Like, it only takes one worm/ one scratch from their stinger and you're done.

The assumption is the Master has a new body and is coordinating the Strigoi construction workers.

I agree with them being comfortable around Strigois. Kind of reminds of me of how survivors deal with walkers in TWD in later seasons.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Something shared with the Walking Dead franchise, where zombie bites can kill you with their toxicity, yet characters will happily smear themselves up to their tits in walker blood and guts.

At least The Walking Dead is consistent though - zombie blood and guts were never shown to hurt anyone. One drop of Strigoi blood, on the other hand, has been shown to be lethal in the past. Now it's raining worms on a daily basis and the characters barely even seem to register it.

ZOONAMI

Yeah they really should be wearing ski masks and goggles all the time, but it's kind of hard to watch a tv show with everyone's faces completely covered all the time. You kind of have to suspend disbelief.

ZOONAMI

At least The Walking Dead is consistent though - zombie blood and guts were never shown to hurt anyone. One drop of Strigoi blood, on the other hand, has been shown to be lethal in the past. Now it's raining worms on a daily basis and the characters barely even seem to register it.

Isn't the theory with twd is that the saliva has some kind of crazy bacteria that antibiotics can't fight? Or I thought that was why bites kill so quickly, and that's why if you cut off a limb quickly enough you can survive. Although fear the walking dead with the guy who got bit on the neck surviving doesn't really make sense.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Isn't the theory with twd is that the saliva has some kind of crazy bacteria that antibiotics can't fight? Or I thought that was why bites kill so quickly, and that's why if you cut off a limb quickly enough you can survive. Although fear the walking dead with the guy who got bit on the neck surviving doesn't really make sense.

Yeah, the bites are deadly because of all the bacteria.

Watched my first episode in a year and a half due to being at a hotel for work.

I really do not like how they are doing the new Quinlan.

EDIT: Yeah, it's amazingly stupid how they just ignore the worms now. They even have CGI shots of the worms IN THE EPISODE and they act like it is nothing.

EDIT 2: The Seeker Pet shit is so goddamn telegraphed. It's clear as day that Kelly is the one controlling it and not Zach.

ZOONAMI

Wow. This show has gotten bad. It's like all the actors have given up on putting forth any effort because they know the writing is so terrible.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Last episode was kinda eh. Glad they got to the hive, but it could have been done in a better fashion.

Also, every tunnel connects to central park?

EDIT 2: The Seeker Pet shit is so goddamn telegraphed. It's clear as day that Kelly is the one controlling it and not Zach.
Not sure if that's the case, because the zombie kid freaked a bit when it sensed Kelly.

big ander

During this episode I had the thought, "hasn't it been something like two episodes since one of the central villains last talked menacingly at one of the heroes (while the good guy inexplicably waits around and listens rather than immediately firing) before a minor scuffle after which the villain just fuckin runs away?" So I was glad they got back to that

I get Eph's plot armor—his dumb stupid kid is going to be used against him probably 3 or 4 more times over the next season so he's part of some dumb stupid bigger plan, fine—but if Eichorst really wanted Eph to suffer while keeping him wouldn't he like, kill Dutch or something?

big ander

Didn't Fet blowup all the Vamps? Where the hell did this army come from?
I guess it was like, fake? As in the nest was just some of the munchers meant to distract Fet & Feraldo while the majority stormed over the park? I dunno, the perspective from Feraldo's base made it all super unclear.

bitbydeath

That scene didn't make sense, their was no reason the vamps couldn't go to surface as well since it was dark, furthermore why do that sort of attack at night in the first place?

I wanted to like this show when it first came out... but holy fuck did it shit the bed like an elderly drunk in every conceivable way.

Yet, I will hang around to the bitter end and watch all of Season 4.

I hope Zak gets munched. Kid is the worst I have seen since in a long time.

hateradio

I wanted to like this show when it first came out... but holy fuck did it shit the bed like an elderly drunk in every conceivable way.

Yet, I will hang around to the bitter end and watch all of Season 4.

I hope Zak gets munched. Kid is the worst I have seen since in a long time.
LBR, he's going to be the sole survivor.

I've been away almost every Sunday and I had a (turrible hangover Sunday last week) Sunday to watch the latest two episodes...... Yup, it's still my favorite bad show 😹

That pet was pretty stupid lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Collaborators

Setrakian creates a new plan to trap the Master as Eph and Dutch search for the Master's "voice." Also: Palmer fights for his life and needs Setrakian's access to the white and Fet suffers a tough personal loss that reveals a deep family secret.

someday

Banned
If these Stregoi can spread so fast, how have they not taken over the world in ancient times?
They were kept in check by the other ancients. The Master is doing his own thing right now.

I got a job where the commute is 2 hours each way so I invested in some audiobooks. The first series I finished was the Strain. I actually really enjoyed it. It helped make sense of some things in the show that just haven't been spelled out, and with the show as a guide I kept picturing the actors I'm familiar with in the roles. Gotta say, I really miss Nora more after listening to the books. She deserved better.

hateradio

The white in your eyes.

A few more episodes left this season, and I don't know what's the highlight so far since they haven't accomplished anything.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight.

White Light

The Master's voice emerges and proves overwhelming; Fet and Setrakian search for cargo from the Egyptian vessel; and Quinlan agrees to a deal with the Ancients, but a betrayal afterward proves deadly.

IronRinn

Eph is a magnet, damn. Did Stoll have it put in his contract that his character gets to sleep with every woman on the show?

Also, this is a little much. Who's idea was it to insert a Penthouse letter into the script as dialogue?

IronRinn

Nice fight sequence there at the end. I'm guessing the explosions were supposed to be the Ancients dying? Or something?

Cool bit of action to end the episode on, took them nearly two seasons to bust that nut though and let Quinlan cut loose/have the ancients do more than twitch in place lmao.

Only two episodes left in this season so hopefully they didn't waste the whole budget on those last few minutes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How is Gus' mom still alive?

How did she get back in the apartment just seconds ahead of her son without him seeing her?

Or was she always there and it's just that Gus only thought to look in one room?

but yeah, the fight scene at the end was pretty cool. Nice to see the ancients actually do something for once.

Yea, it was nice to see the power of an Ancient (or in this case, Ancients!) for once. Figured they were going to die so mind as well go out swinging. One hit kills for random fodder but that's still a hundred times stronger compared to humans and probably 2-5x stronger compared to their guardians.

For the people who read the novels, how fast and powerful are the ancients and their guardians?

so the Ancients are dead?
They should have shown it if that was the case. Im thinking one or two might survive.

I also thought it was incredibly dumb that Eichhorst found the Ancients so easily. How could they not tell that a dumb little kid was following them around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom