• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S3 |OT| Zack's Latest Victim: Your Sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrnzaaas

Man I might just watch the finale for laughs, assuming the scene is at least as good as the fridge scene from Indy IV. :p

I'm still in disbelief with how stupid this "Master" is. Of all the people he could have chosen to switch into he chose Palmer. PALMER. The dude's body is already fucked up as it is but the master insisted on choosing Palmer -_-

They couldn't find anybody menacing? Taller? More built? In peak human condition?

The Zack stuff, I don't care. It's Zack. The boy was never meant to be smart. But my god, the Master is pretty damn dumb. He had a firing squad! Where did they all go? Did they all die? Did he only recruit a couple of soldiers to help him in his quest and then they all died during last night's episode? Why would he face our dumb heroes alone?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Now that was awesome. Easily my favorite dumb show of the TV season this year. I'm always both enchanted and destroyed by these characters each week and this did nothing but ratchet that up to 11. Just amazing television.

I'll see everyone back here for Season 4. Because lets be real.

YOU WILL ALL BE HERE FOR SEASON 4.

YES YOU WILL.

Q47Tly3.png

FALLOUT SEASON 4, HERE WE COME!

Dynomutt

You killed mom now I'm going to set off this nuke.

I just don't understand. What did he think mom was going to do with her mouth snake? Give dad a kiss on the cheek.

Like either he is extremely trouble of just a stupid child. Especially he attachment to the vamp pet thingy.

Don't forget the little shit killed Nora's fine self. Damn When it's finally Quinlan vs Zach I will be so happy.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just don't understand. What did he think mom was going to do with her mouth snake? Give dad a kiss on the cheek.

Like either he is extremely trouble of just a stupid child. Especially he attachment to the vamp pet thingy.

Don't forget the little shit killed Nora's fine self. Damn When it's finally Quinlan vs Zach I will be so happy.

I think everyone in the group will gladly cut through Eff to get to Zach. I think Eff may even kill Zach himself and that's the only reason why he'd be looking for him next season.

big ander

Zach setting off a goddamn NUCLEAR BOMB because his dad killed his vampire mom cracked my shit up. And a bunch of people just like, watched it go off without being hurt! What hilariously awful television.

Zack is just annoying and the nuke thing was crap but love the show.

One more season? Can't wait.

Certainly s3 was the worst but had some highlights and it's still great.

CSJ

Yeah I think they underestimated what exactly a nuke does but hey, it's TV. It gave me a good laugh.

Well if you want to go there...observation posts were manned 5-6miles (VIP viewing station was 10 miles) from the trinity test tower, a yield of 22 kilotons; a suitcase variant might have 1kt. This distance from the pier to the statue was 1.76 miles.

Not unbelievable at all.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was horrible, but it was still probably the best episode of the season. At least some pretty interesting stuff happened, like Palmer becoming the Master's new host, Kelly finally dying, Quinlan fighting the Master, and Zack nuking New York City (because of course he fucking did).

I'm still in disbelief with how stupid this "Master" is. Of all the people he could have chosen to switch into he chose Palmer. PALMER. The dude's body is already fucked up as it is but the master insisted on choosing Palmer -_-

They couldn't find anybody menacing? Taller? More built? In peak human condition?

He had to possess Palmer because he needed his knowledge of where the nuke was hidden.

He had to possess Palmer because he needed his knowledge of where the nuke was hidden.

That's why I don't like some of these new modern vampires. Dracula or certain types of vampires at least had the powers to manipulate a person's mind. If the Master had that power he would have probed Palmer's mind for the location and that was that. Instead we are left with a hybrid of the old and the new. The Master does have a telepathic connection with all his strigoi's but that's useless during his confrontation with Palmer :/

I'm also sure that the Master could have found the nuke without Palmer but for the plot's sake, he had to switch bodies. He could have just kept his old body and allowed Palmer to take him to the nuke. But if he did, I bet Palmer would somehow injure the Master before giving the Master the location of the nuke. The Master isn't as smart as he think he is.

Amagon

Haven't watched since S1. They actually did the nuke?

I might have to watch S4 then

I really wished they follow the book version of how the nukes went off. Waaaayy better than this unbelievable bs they just pulled off.

I wanted to see Angel fight against the Master :(

Yado

I didnt think Zack could get any worse but I guess the writers went all in because they know he's an irredeemable little shit

mm04

There's no redemption arc for that kid. Holy crap I wanted to backhand him so hard. Let's just kill a bunch of people with radiation poisoning and then subject them to being strigoi fodder because your Dad killed what was masquerading as your bloodsucking Mom. That was a childish temper tantrum of the largest magnitude. Please let Zach be brought to justice in the final season. It would be awesome if Abraham or Fet ends him in front of Eph.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh yeah, Gus was totally absent from the finale. I always assumed he would become a permanent member of Setrakian's crew, but for some reason the writers have kept him sequestered from the main cast for 3 seasons now. Maybe next year?

This show is is just so many missed opportunities, Gus continuing to be a island with seemingly zero relevance to the actual plot since driving the Master over the bridge in the first season, Angel dying with not a single awesome moment or meeting with the Master, Quinlan being underused as shit because of the budget/and the writer's knowing he would be more effective than most of the main human cast combined, etc.

I gotta say, the writers giving zero fucks and going all in on making Zack a irredeemable little shit is awesome. I wonder if the kid playing Zack has even a inkling of how much people despise his character lmao.

I've watched 3 seasons of this basura so I'll see it through but damn I hope there's at least an attempt to live up to some of this shows potential cuz it's still a cool concept imo.

- Let Gus join the main cast and do something important for the main plot (though honestly I could see him not coming back next season).

-Make the high level vampire encounters more like the brawl at the ancients HQ. Plot armor is real obviously but it boggles my mind how the Master repeatedly encounters the human cast and it devolves into punches and swords. He should be crushing heads like Coke cans and jellyfishing through the air like the fucking pilot.

-Be a little more specific as to the global impact of the outbreak, I know there's been some Sertrakian narrations about its spread but it's still murky as to if the world is basically like New York, if the government is still up, what the old world ancients are doing, etc

Just cut the bullchit, they culled a lot of the cast at this point, let's fuck some shit up already.

-Likewise the humans should be bringing way more firepower and traps when they fight the Master or Eichorst.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wasnt the kid a little shit in the comic aswell? At least its faithful :3

I really wished they follow the book version of how the nukes went off. Waaaayy better than this unbelievable bs they just pulled off.

I wanted to see Angel fight against the Master :(
(Book spoilers)
Do you think they'll actually do the whole nuclear winter/vampires rule for Season 4, or they'll fuck it up?

Amagon

(Book spoilers)
Do you think they'll actually do the whole nuclear winter/vampires rule for Season 4, or they'll fuck it up?

Clearly, looks like the direction that it is going to be happening, though, I was not a fan at all with the 3rd book. And unfortunately, I don't think the next/final season will even attempt to improve it, which I was hoping for. :/

Pilgrimzero

Zack continuing to be the worst person on this show.

What can be do worse than letting vampires murder people? How about
nuke NYC

Lorcain

His son just set off a tactical nuke in NYC and doomed most of the remaining unturned survivors, and Eph comes running out of the building boo-hooing for him. Eph has one mission now...one purpose. Carry out his paternal obligation on behalf of the thousands of survivors that died, and will die from the fallout and radiation.

Was anyone else trying to talk themselves into believing that hey, it's only tactical nuke, it wouldn't be as bad as a full nuke? I don't ever want to know or see what a tactical nuke does, but I'm assuming it's pretty shitty for a modern city.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Were the two nukes in the suitcases supposed to be identical? Because the first one that wiped out the ancients seemed to only destroy a single building...

Were the two nukes in the suitcases supposed to be identical? Because the first one that wiped out the ancients seemed to only destroy a single building...

It actually took out at least a couple city blocks worth of skyscrapers. I did find it odd it seemed to be barely register for most of the characters though. It was like "Oh yeah. Wasn't there some big explosion downtown the other day? Weird huh?".

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It actually took out at least a couple city blocks worth of skyscrapers. I did find it odd it seemed to be barely register for most of the characters though. It was like "Oh yeah. Wasn't there some big explosion downtown the other day? Weird huh?".

You'd think more people would be aware of an underground nuke being set off...

It was also deep underground

I feel like an underground nuke would do more than that though.

Oh yeah, Gus was totally absent from the finale. I always assumed he would become a permanent member of Setrakian's crew, but for some reason the writers have kept him sequestered from the main cast for 3 seasons now. Maybe next year?

Eh, kinda hope he doesn't come back. Lost all interest in his character when he set his stigori mom on a bunch of innocent cops

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Having read the books I've always been invested in the show despite itself but it's going so far off the rails it's just...fascinating.

And Occido What, lol? Did they forget about that thing? Or was it only there to give them the idea of stuffing the Master into a silver box?

meppi

THE FUCKING KID SET OFF A NUKE !!
LOLOLOLOL

BWahaahahahahaha.
I honestly couldn't get through this season and stopped after 2 episodes, but I think I'll go back and muddle through this mess just to see how they get to that point.

I never expected another series to get as dumb as Dexter in the end, yet here we are. lol

mackattk

BWahaahahahahaha.
I honestly couldn't get through this season and stopped after 2 episodes, but I think I'll go back and muddle through this mess just to see how they get to that point.

I never expected another series to get as dumb as Dexter in the end, yet here we are. lol

The difference is that the show was never as good as the first few seasons of Dexter. Watching this show you kind of know what you are getting into. But yeah, the context of that spoiler is crazy for any show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I haven't read the books, but I think the show probably would have been better if they hadn't tried to stretch 3 books across a maximum of 5 seasons. 1 season per book probably would have made for a much more exciting show.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
It's official Zack needs to get his top popped off. Eph needs to be the one to do it since he created the little asshole.

its like they don't even care about the show anymore

can't they have them fight and in the struggle the nuclear button is triggered. Having the son trigger it and run off with the vampire (even after seeing all the killings and how monstrous they are). That's some terrible parenting there. like the worst.

if the show has fans that would have bought this on bluray/dvds - I think this episode basically killed any interest people would have in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom