• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unofficially Official X05 Thread (announcements go in here, clones)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
krypt0nian said:
Patience.....the day is young.
I'm not betting on that, considering that the title of the release is "Xbox 360 Launch Lineup Announced", when, in fact, it has not been announced. Seems like they're using semantics again, like the whole "every Xbox 360 will come with hard drive, wireless controller, blah blah".

Excelion

Banned
i wonder when they'll have the time to develop a PS3 game for Izzy. 5 games from Bioware planned on Xbox360, 2 on PC - they usually release one game per year.

vatstep said:
I'm not betting on that, considering that the title of the release is "Xbox 360 Launch Lineup Announced", when, in fact, it has not been announced. Seems like they're using semantics again, like the whole "every Xbox 360 will come with hard drive, wireless controller, blah blah".

exactly. WTF? MS we are suppose to buy the 360 a launch without knowing what games will be out?

fuck you.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks like another beefed up port of the current gen mg3.

looks good though. i'm excited :)

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
"The next-gen technology allows us to focus on developing an incredible visual experience with the unparalleled sensation of speed and adrenaline that is an inherent part of MotoGP," said THQ executive vice president of worldwide publishing Kelly Flock.

I think they copy and pasted the exact same quote for when MotoGP was announced for the original Xbox ;)

Amir0x said:
Holy shit awesome! It also says Splinter Cell 4 will make its debut on 360, so that is great news. Man, finally UPDATE TIME

It also said Oblivion would debut on 360, but the PC version is coming out at the same time (unless I'm misinformed).

Excelion

Banned
Wow, 360 is getting trilogies. First Too Human and now this.

they learned from Sony :(
Only one graphics/gameplay engine to build, then release one game per year. Let's hope Too Human and Mass Effect dont share the same engine.

FallenOne666 said:
It also said Oblivion would debut on 360, but the PC version is coming out at the same time (unless I'm misinformed).

In PR quotes like this, console publishers tend to not consider the PC in the equation. Happens all the time when a console gets an "exclusive" that comes out on the PC too.

Ironclad

A trilogy? Sounds awesome. Although Jade Empire was less than stellar, I still have plenty of faith in Bioware and this is great news. We need media now.

GhaleonEB

Six weeks until launch and we still don't know what games are coming? Boy oh boy. It'll be like Christmas - walk into the store on launch day and wonder what's going to be there....(only to find all EA games). :lol

Jesiatha

The bad news is that Sean Hargreaves (the lead dev on MotoGP 1 and 2) isn't working on it. The good news is that he works for MS now on XNA.

This is still my most anticipated 360 title though.

snatches

Ok, this update is shit, really. The bioware news is hot. But I NEED LAUNCH DETAILS.
Not just for me, I mean I need to tell my accounts what games are coming out. Sheesh. This is f'n ridiculous. The psp launch is looking super organized by comparison.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
Six weeks until launch and we still don't know what games are coming? Boy oh boy. It'll be like Christmas - walk into the store on launch day and wonder what's going to be there....(only to find all EA games). :lol

I hear the dashboard is nice. :D

Ark-AMN

Banned
Excelion said:
they learned from Sony :(
Only one graphics/gameplay engine to build, then release one game per year. Let's hope Too Human and Mass Effect dont share the same engine.

Well Too Human is definately using Unreal 3. Now I know Bioware has licensed Unreal 3 also, but they didn't say if this trilogy is using it.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Jesiatha said:
The bad news is that Sean Hargreaves (the lead dev on MotoGP 1 and 2) isn't working on it. The good news is that he works for MS now on XNA.

This is still my most anticipated 360 title though.
Wow. had alot of chats with Sean about XBL.

I assume hes doing networking stuffs?

IJoel

I am disappointed based on the screens and video. MotoGP is one of the best looking racing games on Xbox. This looks marginally better than the current version on Xbox.

I am also completely lost in this mess of a site Gamespot has. It looks nicer, but it's not as practical as before. I want media organized by dates dammit! And get off your arses and provide an X05 section.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ark-AMN said:
Well Too Human is definately using Unreal 3. Now I know Bioware has licensed Unreal 3 also, but they didn't say if this trilogy is using it.

Mass Effect is UE3.

Krowley

i hope this turns out to be a star control /starflight style space RPG... It's kind of a dead genre and i'd love to see it revived.

op_ivy

IJoel said:
I am disappointed based on the screens and video. MotoGP is one of the best looking racing games on Xbox. This looks marginally better than the current version on Xbox.

i agree.

it hasnt been long at all since motogp3 hit either.

it still looks ok though. should be a blast though. glad i skipped out on the xbox motogp3

EDIT: wtf? ah, thread merge

hadareud

The Translator
Lakitu said:
I am really dissapointed with these visuals =(

It doesn't really look bad. It looks like a cash in, that's the real dissapointment. On the other hand, we wouldn't see it for another year if it wasn't ...

op_ivy

eso76 said:
DIRECT FEED PDZ TRAILER AT IGN !!!! LOOKS LIKE SHITE !!111 Joking, haven't seen it yet

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/015/015335/vids_1.html

havent seen the video yet, but dayaaamn, she looks terrible here :lol

pdz_qthighwide_thumb.jpg

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Speevy said:
Well that video doesn't show anything. Nice explosion and water though.

:(

Not a shred of gameplay. Bad voice acting. I mean art...bad art.

Top Bottom