• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: 15 First Party Games to show up at Xbox Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member
There will be 30 Games on the Show, the First Part Games are the ones below:
There Are Two Titles that are unknown:

247141_NOTEPAD_X_BOX_CVIRGINIA.jpg

'Starfield: Shattered Space
Age of Empires II
State of Decay 3
Age of Mythology
Microsoft Flight Sim 2024
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred
World of Warcraft: The War Within
Towerborne
Avowed
DOOM: The Dark Ages
Gears of War 6
Fable
South of Midnight

Source

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It will be interesting to see if Microsoft mentions any of their PS5 and Switch efforts during their show. It's public knowledge and definitely the elephant in the room.

Nah, these shows never mention other consoles. If anything will come, it will be a part of a blog post or something later.

Mowcno

It will be interesting to see if Microsoft mentions any of their PS5 and Switch efforts during their show. It's public knowledge and definitely the elephant in the room.
I doubt they will. I'm not expecting any PS5 mentions during the show. Doom is probably the only one that has a slight chance of being acknowledged for other platforms during the show.

Didn't think I would be saying this when it came out, but one of the things on that list that I am most excited about now is Shattered Space...

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
'Starfield: Shattered Space DLC/expansion
Age of Empires II Expansion/DLC/Remake?
Age of Mythology Remake
Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred DLC/Expansion
World of Warcraft: The War Within Expansion
Towerborne
Avowed
Gears of War 6
Fable
South of Midnight

So it's really 7-8 games which is still a lot but 15 GAMES? Come on.

Last edited:
Age of Mythology Remake
Towerborne
Avowed
Gears of War 6
Fable
South of Midnight

That's a list of 13, there are 2 to add, so it's 10, even under your criteria...

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Age of Mythology Remake
Towerborne
Avowed
Gears of War 6
Fable
South of Midnight

Hahaha

Makes me think of To-Do Lists where you start with crossed out tasks that you already completed.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
DOOM and Indiana Jones for me.

I'm also surprised we didn't get a Quake reboot. Watch this DOOM attempt to blend the world of Quake and DOOM, I know the lore was trying to say both existed in the same universe and everything. Whatever it is and will be, I just hope it's great.

Darsxx82

If there is one thing clear, it is that MS is now a publisher with enormous power in terms of producing games. Between XGS Studios, Bethesda, ABK and Xbox Publishing can perfectly do Showcase only with first party.

P.S. Unfortunately for me, I think they can rule out presenting Forza Horizon 6 if Fable is going to be present. I don't think Playground will hurt the visibility of any of their great games. On the other hand, one more year for FH6 (which would be 3 more than usual) can benefit you when creating a true FH NextGen.

intbal

Nah, these shows never mention other consoles. If anything will come, it will be a part of a blog post or something later.

I doubt they will. I'm not expecting any PS5 mentions during the show. Doom is probably the only one that has a slight chance of being acknowledged for other platforms during the show.

I disagree.
Surely they will want to begin generating as much excitement for their upcoming games as early as possible. Particularly on the platforms where they stand to sell the most copies.
I think Doom will include the PS5 logo along with Xbox and PC.
Just speculation, of course.

Surely they will want to begin generating as much excitement for their upcoming games as early as possible. Particularly on the platforms where they stand to sell the most copies.
I think Doom will include the PS5 logo along with Xbox and PC.
Just speculation, of course.

Phil would rather pretend everything is okay instead of giving the games the best possible chance of success

FlyyGOD

Age of Mythology Remake
Towerborne
Avowed
Gears of War 6
Fable
South of Midnight

They also mentioned two more games to be shown thats not on the list

King Dazzar

I wonder if any bits of the show case will mention PlayStation or if it'll all still be kept hush hush, wink wink. And the elephant in the room will be ignored.

acm2000

will go balls deep into Starfield DLC, Indiana Jones, Avowed, Doom, Gears 6, Fable and South of Midnight

Flight Sim 24 will get an install just to drool over the graphics.

Last edited:

intbal

DLC aren't games, Tom.
What if the DLC is the same size as the original game?
Dying Light's "The Following" was available as DLC, while also being included in the Enhanced Edition.
It was just as big as the launch game. It really should have been called Dying Light 2.

Mr Moose

What if the DLC is the same size as the original game?
Dying Light's "The Following" was available as DLC, while also being included in the Enhanced Edition.
It was just as big as the launch game. It really should have been called Dying Light 2.
Do you need the base game to play it? If so, it's just DLC.

DaGwaphics

They are the biggest game publisher in the world, there will always be a lot going on in the pipeline from here on out. Of the games we haven't seen in a while, SoD3 is probably the one I'm the most interested in. If they could offer more of a structured story mode for that, it could really be special. Though the rumors leaning into an online component could be interesting as well.

Robb

Gold Member
Looking forward to Indiana Jones, Avowed, and Fable.

It’ll be fun to see the new DOOM and Gears as well, but I’m not really into those.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Halo Infinite development has for the most part ended. Most of 343i have moved into the next Halo mainline game which will uses Unreal Engine.
Talk about a fucking disappointment. They spent years and millions on that Slipspace engine, only to use it for one game and ditch it. Waste of time and money.

Top Bottom