• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXtas1s: Xbox Showcase to have the first teaser for Xbox Portable

mitch1971

Gold Member
Anyone who does those youtube thumbnails needs a thump.

brian griffin fox GIF by Family Guy

MAtgS

If they somehow can pull off Series S in portable form, that'll be an instant must buy. It'll effectively be a gen ahead of both Switch 2 and PS4P.

But that's a pretty darn big if and a portable XB1 is way less appealing sounding than the other 2.

midnightAI

MLB the show a PS exclusive for like 20 years is on xbox. Its not unheard of. They can still turn it around, but this whole cheering for 1 system to rule them all is absolutely insane and you guys are going to regret it in a few years. With no competition prices going to skyrocket
They will have competition though in Nintendo and PC's. You really think Sony can just start increasing prices without more and more moving over to other ways to play games?

There is zero proof it will affect prices in any major way unless there is a shift in the market wanting way more powerful expensive hardware (unless some major breakthrough in tech that is a must have then I don't see that happening)

What you will (and are) seeing is that they will be in no rush to lower prices over the generation.

Last edited:
Why are there 4 pages dedicated to some small time YTer that made a wild claim, while nobody else mentions it? Guy just wants to build his subs so he has to make loud statements and stupid thumbnails.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss this as rumor, ms has all but said they are working on a handheld. This won't be a shock at all if true.

SJRB

Gold Member
A nobody with 30k subscribers and "XBOX FAKE INSIDER" in his username somehow has the scoop about new XBox hardware AND their showcase that nobody else has?

tenor.gif

TrebleShot

If they could make their own version of a steam deck with ARM arch and a good translation layer it would be incredible.

Allow it to side load steam etc, or hell just integrate it better and embrace other platforms and store fronts and the next console war will be very tasty.

Id love to see more competition from ms and xbox and eat up some of that marker share cos if the latest from sony is any indication, competition is needed.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss this as rumor, ms has all but said they are working on a handheld. This won't be a shock at all if true.
They are 100% working on a handheld as I think most of us here would agree

My problem is this guy would not have the scoop as it’s being teased at this show but it honestly would not shock me if in fact it happened

MLB the show a PS exclusive for like 20 years is on xbox. Its not unheard of. They can still turn it around, but this whole cheering for 1 system to rule them all is absolutely insane and you guys are going to regret it in a few years. With no competition prices going to skyrocket
Nintendo, PC gaming, etc are competition.

This idea that somehow console gaming is not competing with anything else is so weird to me. Specially when people talk about Xbox being the only competition to Playstation...when let's be honest...it's not a competition since 2 generations ago.

Nintendo, PC gaming, etc are competition.

This idea that somehow console gaming is not competing with anything else is so weird to me. Specially when people talk about Xbox being the only competition to Playstation...when let's be honest...it's not a competition since 2 generations ago.

It's crazy. I've had two different friends almost go to PC gaming. They didn't follow through with it because I just happened to be leaving PC gaming and they wanted to know why they then decided to just stick with console gaming. One of them just went ahead and upgraded to PS5 instead.

I got burnt with the XSX but, I'd be very, very interested in a Xbox handheld - at least it'll have proper support and a...proper warranty compared to most companies' handhelds/products out there (Steam Deck excluded), ASUS can go fuck itself as can Lenovo etc and as for the real Chinese stuff out there...I'd not even bother.

I only hope for a powerful-ish one with a larger than 7inches screen and I'll be golden.

Esppiral

I got burnt with the XSX but, I'd be very, very interested in a Xbox handheld - at least it'll have proper support and a...proper warranty compared to most companies' handhelds/products out there (Steam Deck excluded), ASUS can go fuck itself as can Lenovo etc and as for the real Chinese stuff out there...I'd not even bother.

I only hope for a powerful-ish one with a larger than 7inches screen and I'll be golden.
It MUST be an open platform just like the Steam Deck, otherwise it will flop hard, the market is already flooded with this devices.

Also what is wrong with warranty? Every single good has 3 yeas by law.

midnightAI

They are 100% working on a handheld as I think most of us here would agree

My problem is this guy would not have the scoop as it’s being teased at this show but it honestly would not shock me if in fact it happened
Agreed, MS may use a portable Xbox announcement as a counter to the upcoming PS5 Pro announcement. Probably unlikely but not something to count out completely.

AGNT4SD6

Neo Member
I’d rather they work with Steam/Other PC Handhelds to bring the XBOX library to those consoles rather than creating hardware themselves. For Steam Deck create an official XBOX GamePass App, also at the same time open GamePass to allow for users to play all there purchased XBOX games via GamePass Streaming. For the Windows PC Handhelds create a XBOX like interface you can switch into allowing for native native play of GamePass Games as well as streaming if your hardware can’t handle it.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I’d rather they work with Steam/Other PC Handhelds to bring the XBOX library to those consoles rather than creating hardware themselves. For Steam Deck create an official XBOX GamePass App, also at the same time open GamePass to allow for users to play all there purchased XBOX games via GamePass Streaming. For the Windows PC Handhelds create a XBOX like interface you can switch into allowing for native native play of GamePass Games as well as streaming if your hardware can’t handle it.
I think they're doing both.

It MUST be an open platform just like the Steam Deck, otherwise it will flop hard, the market is already flooded with this devices.

Also what is wrong with warranty? Every single good has 3 yeas by law.

Also, Lenovo, when it comes to the after sale part...let's just say that they have their own problems.

This is why I'd be down for a MS/Xbox handheld, their CS is very good which would give me some peace of mind 😉

Topher

Gold Member
So if this is just a "teaser" tomorrow, I'm wondering if we will have a dedicated hardware show later in the year.

Punished Miku

So if this is just a "teaser" tomorrow, I'm wondering if we will have a dedicated hardware show later in the year.
This will likely be similar to the "Project Scorpio" unveiling. Short summary, just a few minutes. "Introducing, Project Hot Pocket" (pulls system out of his pocket).

One X was unveiled at E3 2017, and released November 2017.

Topher

Gold Member
This will likely be similar to the "Project Scorpio" unveiling. Short summary, just a few minutes. "Introducing, Project Hot Pocket" (pulls system out of his pocket).

One X was unveiled at E3 2017, and released November 2017.

Ah...ok, makes sense. Guessing we will get some specs via third parties like Verge and Windows Central. Big question in my mind is will it be be Windows, Xbox or both.

Punished Miku

Guessing we will get some specs via third parties like Verge and Windows Central
That's what I'm expecting as well.

And yeah, if it doesn't have open store of some kind, it will be a whole lot less interesting.

Last edited:
If they didn't show it then they will show it at the TGA like they did with the Series X
the xbox handheld will be part of the new generation ecosystem, of course if there is a new generation xbox.

Top Bottom