• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: Sony wants 60fps PS5 Pro ‘Enhanced’ games, but it’s happy to settle for less

solidus12

"but it’s happy to settle for less"​

Butt-hurt much, Tom Warren?
Butthurt indeed

vrfEkKY.jpg

It's still you
You're not making sense friend, options are there for a reason but unless there's only a 60fps mode then it's not the standard. As all these games have a 30fps mode that is the biggest indicator to everyone that the developer believes that it benefits the game. Some people prefer gaming at a higher fidelity, that's a fact weather you like it or not.

Most current gen games has 60fps mode, not sure why you omit them .
Yes exactly they have a 60fps mode, I'm all for modes but let's not pretend that the 60fps version isn't a graphically compromised version rather than the standard. For instance COD runs as standard at 60fps but it can run at 120fps, so which is the standard? You see now?

onQ123

You're not making sense friend, options are there for a reason but unless there's only a 60fps mode then it's not the standard. As all these games have a 30fps mode that is the biggest indicator to everyone that the developer believes that it benefits the game. Some people prefer gaming at a higher fidelity, that's a fact weather you like it or not.
Continue to make a fool of yourself as you will I'm done talking to a wall good day sir.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Yes exactly they have a 60fps mode, I'm all for modes but let's not pretend that the 60fps version isn't a graphically compromised version rather than the standard. For instance COD runs as standard at 60fps but it can run at 120fps, so which is the standard? You see now?
i dont see it as an issue ? the higher FPS is worth it.
And i dont spend my time comparing visuals between modes while playing the game.

Dont tell me you constantly switching modes and check each corner in the game to see the differences? or you bookmark and watch every digital foundry videos before you start a game each time?

Last edited:

Crayon

I'm not sure exactly what your point is, but I think people are trying to say that a 60fps *option* is standard.

Any type of compromises or excuses with the PS5 Pro will be disappointingimo. If they’re happy settling for less, what's the point of this presumably expensive, more powerful hardware then if this is legitimate? We’ll see what happens though.

Top Bottom