• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

Vlodril

But it's not pronounced like that.. Man all the pronunciations i am getting online could be wrong too i guess.

On the video there is a comment with the correct pronunciation (Its pronounced Dja Jee Kee- Dja as in Jazz- Jee as in Jeep- Kee as in Rocky). No one cares i know but still.

Kamina

Golden Boy
But it's not pronounced like that.. Man all the pronunciations i am getting online could be wrong too i guess.

On the video there is a comment with the correct pronunciation (Its pronounced Dja Jee Kee- Dja as in Jazz- Jee as in Jeep- Kee as in Rocky). No one cares i know but still.
Where i live there a plenty of ethnic greek restaurants and to my ears they all pronounce it along the lines of the guy in the video i posted. Perhaps a bit faster with some more accent.

Anyway, as long as we don’t produce it like the guy in the tweet all is well in my book.

Last edited:

Vlodril

Where i live there a plenty of ethnic greek restaurants and to my ears they all pronounce it along the lines of the guy in the video i posted. Perhaps a bit faster with some more accent.

Anyway, as long as we don’t produce it like the guy in the tweet all is well in my book.

Well i am Greek and that is how we pronounce it. :messenger_grinning_smiling: It's not that people won't understand what you want but if you make a video like that it's weird to not know how to actually say it.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Well i am Greek and that is how we pronounce it. :messenger_grinning_smiling: It's not that people won't understand what you want but if you make a video like that it's weird to not know how to actually say it.
I‘ve never heard a greek say it with “dja” in the beginning.
Perhaps you are thinking of slightly different sounds when reading these letters?
Many letters are also pronounced differently in german compared to english.
Or there are regional differences? I see that a lot with words in my own language.

Sounds like dsa dsi ki to my ears.

Last edited:

Vlodril

I‘ve never heard a greek say it with “dja” in the beginning.
Perhaps you are thinking of slightly different sounds when reading these letters?
Many letters are also pronounced differently in german compared to english.
Or there are regional differences? I see that a lot with words in my own language.

Sounds like dsa dsi ki to my ears.

Yes that is what i hear from what i wrote. Did not think people do not hear the same sounds when reading a word since there were examples there. Weird.

clem84

Gold Member
Probably been posted before.

xvidtpd.jpg

Top Bottom