• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member

I did not understand 80% of what he is saying. Sigma? Lexi?

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Stupid fucks trying to hurt italians by breaking spaghetti when broken spaghetti with broth has been eaten by millions of italians families...

I'm honestly more offended when americans think that their bologna\ham\salami is nowhere near italian cured meat.

Last edited:

kunonabi

This whole "heatwave" thing reminds of my time in college. I went to Ohio State and day I was walking back to my dorm and I saw the band all sprawled out on the grass acting liking they were dying and gulping down water. I asked my friend what was going on and he said they were struggling with the intense heat. It honestly couldnt have been higher than mid 70s at worst with a breeze. I live in TX and spent summers in Arizona and I just couldn't fathom thinking that was anything but perfect weather.

Of course, when the winter hit they got me back. I'm walking around all bundled up heading back from the gym at night with snow and ice everywhere and this chick is just walking by me in a T-shirt and skirt like it was a fine spring day.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

Jesus christ, social media clips of American police are absolutely insane. That guy could have ended up with a face or even mouth/throat full of broken glass. Evidently seems to have been drinking so possibly not making the best decisions, but appears to represent no threat. Not sure the tazer was all that necessary, versus running for about 5 seconds to catch up with him anyway.

The police that took a photo with me in NYC seemed nice though.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Jesus christ, social media clips of American police are absolutely insane. That guy could have ended up with a face or even mouth/throat full of broken glass. Evidently seems to have been drinking so possibly not making the best decisions, but appears to represent no threat. Not sure the tazer was all that necessary, versus running for about 5 seconds to catch up with him anyway.

1. Police in the US can justify everything because they "were in fear of their lives"
2. Do you really think most US police are hit enough to be running after a criminal? Also, why bother when you can just taze them?

GymWolf

Gold Member
1. Police in the US can justify everything because they "were in fear of their lives"
2. Do you really think most US police are hit enough to be running after a criminal? Also, why bother when you can just taze them?
Tbf:

- in usa you can buy a gun in the same place where you can buy some pastrami for your sandwich and it seems like every unstable dude can get a gun, so the risk of being shot is way, way higher than many other places, so yeah, they should actually fear for their life everytime they stop someone, this is the world we live in unfortunately.

- why fucking running from cops when they point guns at you? Even after an entire week of smoking the hardest shit in amsterdam non-stop i still have enough braincells to understand when to stop moving if someone is pointing a gun at me.
Maybe people should just stop the fuck up and listen to the guy with a gun instead of running like morons.

They are far from ideal or perfect but it's not like they don't have their reason sometimes.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

That fat fuck running for 5 secs would be like Bill after the five point palm heart exploding technique

home video falling GIF

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Tbf:

- in usa you can buy a gun in the same place where you can buy some pastrami for your sandwich and it seems like every unstable dude can get a gun, so the risk of being shot is way, way higher than many other places.

- why fucking running from cops when they point guns at you? Even after an entire week of smoking the hardest shit in amsterdam non-stop i still have enough braincells to understand when to stop moving if someone is pointing a gun at me.
Maybe people should just stop the fuck up and listen to the guy with a gun instead of running like morons.

They are far from ideal or perfect but have their fucking reasons most of the times.
TBF - though we don't see what happened before the video starts, the policeman doesn't appear to shout a warning, the guy chugging a beer with a paper crown has his back to the policeman and is running away from him.

As per Cyberpunkd Cyberpunkd , you'd have a hard job arguing the guy represented a threat to the policeman, IMO.

I do agree with you however, in that policing in America must be incredibly stressful when you have to treat every person you meet as being someone who could pull a gun out and shoot you. America's gun ownership seems to be completely insane when looking in at it from the outside.

I'm sure there are plenty of good police in America, but the ones that make it to social media feeds seem like they're barely trained, have no desire to de-escalate things and seem to be driven by a particularly thin skinned desire to be respected on sight, no matter what they're doing.

GymWolf

Gold Member
TBF - though we don't see what happened before the video starts, the policeman doesn't appear to shout a warning, the guy chugging a beer with a paper crown has his back to the policeman and is running away from him.

As per Cyberpunkd Cyberpunkd , you'd have a hard job arguing the guy represented a threat to the policeman, IMO.

I do agree with you however, in that policing in America must be incredibly stressful when you have to treat every person you meet as being someone who could pull a gun out and shoot you. America's gun ownership seems to be completely insane when looking in at it from the outside.

I'm sure there are plenty of good police in America, but the ones that make it to social media feeds seem like they're barely trained, have no desire to de-escalate things and seem to be driven by a particularly thin skinned desire to be respected on sight, no matter what they're doing.
I'm talking in general, not that single case.

People should not run from cops for any reason.

Like i said, they are far from perfect but they are also forced into some situations by people acting like absolute morons.

P.s. maybe we are getting too political here.

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

And do what when he caught up? Tackle him? You realize a taser is considered an equal level of force to a tackle, right? Hell, that dude probably would have been more seriously hurt by that big cop crashing down on him than falling on his own from the taser. The broken glass possibility would also have been much higher. And remember that cops are allowed to use force to arrest someone that isn’t compliant, like this guy.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
And do what when he caught up? Tackle him? You realize a taser is considered an equal level of force to a tackle, right? Hell, that dude probably would have been more seriously hurt by that big cop crashing down on him than falling on his own from the taser. The broken glass possibility would also have been much higher. And remember that cops are allowed to use force to arrest someone that isn’t compliant, like this guy.

Given that the guy is traveling at a speed that I'd describe as just above walking pace, the cop has plenty of time to also travel slightly above walking pace, maintain distance and announce "stop or I'll tase you" it'd take about 2 seconds.

That's one option that based on the clip appears to have not been considered.

I'm sure it can be a difficult job, as I said above, but the idea that police will default to potentially lethal force to control people who represent no risk to anyone seems crazy to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom