• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact: I was just reading through the show's IMDB (because I can never remember the lesser characters' names) and found out that Andrew Lincoln's birth name is Andrew Clutterbuck, which is ironic given how much of a clusterfuck this show has become.

Zeke

They better not kill off Daryl hands down my favorite character on this show. Guy is awesome going hunting in the woods with a crossbow during the zombie apocalypse balls of steel.

Randall is a bad guy. If he wasn't, Daryl wouldn't have had to beat that kind of info out of him. And then there's what he told Carl. He's definitely planning on escaping and getting his crew.

I was hoping that was going to be a zombie cow at the end. That would have been really funny.

Daryl needs to ride off into the sunset and get his own series where he goes from state to state on his hog, looking for Merle.

RPGCrazied

So I guess Carl is going to end up being the rebellious little shit? I'm sure stealing that gun from the bike is going to have some consequences later.

Darklord

Banned
The more I read this thread the more I feel people are going to be really pissed at the final episode if what I saw was true.

I thought Carl was going to shoot Randall when he was in the barn. But he didn't have the gun yet. I think they might have been hinting at something like that. Carl wasn't there to talk or get to know Randall. It was more like what he did with the zombie. He wanted to get a closer look at the enemy and maybe kill him.

RPGCrazied

Uh. Don't highlight the black bar? And that thread has unmarked spoilers. Why do you want to go in there spoil everything, if all you want to talk about is one spoiler?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I personally think that Merle is going to come back with the crew of 30 in the season finale. He is in the crew and Randall will get them all there I think.
Lets see if I am right.

Uh. Don't highlight the black bar? And that thread has unmarked spoilers. Why do you want to go in there spoil everything, if all you want to talk about is one spoiler?

Go read the last few pages and understand why the spoiler thread was created and why all spoiler talk should go in there. It's not to do with just not highlighting a black bar. It's banned in here for a reason now.

Because some of us cannot exercise self control. I highlighted those bars and shit is whack.
Well that's your fault innit? Don't see the reason why all spoilertalk should be directed towards the spoiler thread, especially if you're only speculating. There are people who haven't read the comics and thus should not enter the spoilerthread but still want to speculate about what way the show will be heading.

Go read the last few pages and understand why the spoiler thread was created and why all spoiler talk should go in there. It's not to do with just not highlighting a black bar. It's banned in here for a reason now.
Last few pages were just a clusterfuck of spoilers so the spoilerthread surely helped. However, not all spoilers should be directed there. There are unmarked comic book spoilers in that thread from issues way beyond where we are now with the tv series. The spoilerthread is only suitable for the people who are up to date on the comics or just don't give a shit at all. If you don't fall in either category then you should have the option of speculating about future episodes in this topic.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Well that's your fault innit? Don't see the reason why all spoilertalk should be directed towards the spoiler thread, especially if you're only speculating. There are people who haven't read the comics and thus should not enter the spoilerthread but still want to speculate about what way the show will be heading.

Last few pages were just a clusterfuck of spoilers so the spoilerthread surely helped. However, not all spoilers should be directed there. There are unmarked comic book spoilers in that thread from issues way beyond where we are now with the tv series. The spoilerthread is only suitable for the people who are up to date on the comics or just don't give a shit at all. If you don't fall in either category then you should have the option of speculating about future episodes in this topic.
I'm not personally bothered in this thread with spoilers...

But, If someone reads my post, then sees someone replying to it with a spoiler, that has implication.

It's not always about reading the actual spoiler. A lot of times it has to do with the implication because not everyone is good at how they mark things.

tl;dr version:

1) AMC fires Frank Darabont
2) Jeffrey DeMunn (Dale) wants off the show cause his close friend was fired
3) Then he changes his mind, wants to stay
4) Writers kill him anyway
I wonder if it got acrimonious in the end. I don't want to read too much into it, but I was surprised that we didn't have a few online interviews with Jeffrey DeMunn this morning. Has he ever been on Talking Dead?

There are people who haven't read the comics and thus should not enter the spoilerthread but still want to speculate about what way the show will be heading.
Speculation is fine as long as it isn't informed by either the leaks that came out last week or the comic books. Nothing wrong with guessing what's going to happen if you don't actually know what's going to happen.

This is how I explained it last week:
Cornballer said:
People are welcome to speculate if they're not basing it on the comics and haven't seen the leaks.

What I don't want is:
1) People who have read spoiler material pretending like they haven't and posting spoilers here as "speculation"
2) People goading on unspoiled tv viewers with comments like "Oh, you won't believe what happens to him in Episode 12" or "Tell me what you think is going to happen to her later in the series LOLOLOLOL"

Puddles

Banned
The fact that the guy told daryl that his group of 30 chanced up a family of 3 (2 girls) and savaged them; and they were still like "derpy derp" we got to debate this was eye-rollingly aggravating. If I were daryl I would have killed him there and then.

He did say that he didn't take part in the rapes, but was forced to stand guard.

LQX

I remember during the school incident there was the argument of how Dale could have known Shane killed that guy. Then this week they dropped that subtle bomb on us that Shane said the guy died defending him then showed up with his gun. Did anyone pick up on that fact a few weeks back?

I remember during the school incident there was the argument of how Dale could have known Shane killed that guy. Then this week they dropped that subtle bomb on us that Shane said the guy died defending him then showed up with his gun. Did anyone pick up on that fact a few weeks back?
don't remember a single person mentioning here.

SamuraiX-

It's funny how it would have just been kinder for them to shoot Randal in the head while he was impaled on the fence. Since then they've torn his leg off a fence, tied him up in the boot of a car, tried to dump him in the middle of a zombie infested nowhere, chained him up in a barn, beaten him for information and held a mock execution for him.

I think Randal is definitely not just a helpless kid though. He was able to handle himself well when he got loose during the Rick\Shane fight and seemed to take glee from killing that one zombie. He's handled everything he's had done to him pretty well too.

Pretty much exactly my feelings of the kid. I thought maybe, just maybe he would potentially join Rick's group, but after observing his collective actions from the past two episodes and after what Rick's group has put him through... The kid's definitely a sneaky motherfucker and nothing good will come from (ep12 preview spoilers)
him escaping the next episode.

Was that before or after she mistook Daryl for a zombie and shot him?

Here's my personal A team I don't want to see die:

Rick
Shane
Theodore Douglas
Daryl
Glen (and by extension Maggie)

Everyone else can eat it as far as I'm concerned.

I love that we're exactly on the same page. I'll probably be sad for a little bit if the others are killed off, but it would only mean better things for the show imo.

The more I read this thread the more I feel people are going to be really pissed at the final episode if what I saw was true.

Wait, what? I thought the inside mole guy isn't releasing any spoilers for the final ep? Are there more people getting inside info?

I don't understand why people who watch this show just continue to spoil themselves with that shit. Is it so they can come in here to troll and tease us with shit like this? I really wish posts like this would stop.

I didn't even remember Shane coming back with Otis's rifle.

Daryl sees all!

SickBoy

I think one thing I appreciate that last night made clear is that Shane's story rang hollow to more than just Dale... so maybe his latching on to the idea that Shane killed Otis was not so ridiculously out of the blue.

Spoiler thread blows, BTW. Spoiled Dale's death for me. Which is worse than unmarked comic spoilers had done here, for the most part. Thought I was waltzing into a thread about comic/television discussion without fear of annoying people who hadn't read the comics (understandable), not mega-spoiler city.

I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY!!!!!!

OK, I only have myself to blame. At least now I know what to expect there. Unfortunate that we can't have nice things (i.e: people appropriately marking comic spoilers here)

To be honest, I'd rather have it spoiled in that thread rather than via Facebook, which would have also spoiled it for me yesterday had I not already known.

UberTag

I didn't even remember Shane coming back with Otis's rifle.

Daryl sees all!
Not quite.

Shane had commented that both he and Otis were down to pistols and had no other ammo.
Rick loaned Otis HIS pistol to help get the medical equipment for Carl.
Shane lies and says Otis covered his escape.
Yet Shane returns with Rick's gun.

Daryl did the math. Seems like a lot of people did and were quiet about it for the sake of Patricia.

Flash

I think one thing I appreciate that last night made clear is that Shane's story rang hollow to more than just Dale... so maybe his latching on to the idea that Shane killed Otis was not so ridiculously out of the blue.

Spoiler thread blows, BTW. Spoiled Dale's death for me. Which is worse than unmarked comic spoilers had done here, for the most part. Thought I was waltzing into a thread about comic/television discussion without fear of annoying people who hadn't read the comics (understandable), not mega-spoiler city.

OK, I only have myself to blame. At least now I know what to expect there. Unfortunate that we can't have nice things (i.e: people appropriately marking comic spoilers here)

To be honest, I'd rather have it spoiled in that thread rather than via Facebook, which would have also spoiled it for me yesterday had I not already known.

lol I got the ending spoiled by Facebook. Somme asshole posted a FB update (or posted on his twitter that automatically updates his Facebook? I don't know...). After calling him out, he defended himself saying that it was trending on twitter and was just joining in... needless to say I unsubscribed from him.

Sean

Banned
I wonder if it got acrimonious in the end. I don't want to read too much into it, but I was surprised that we didn't have a few online interviews with Jeffrey DeMunn this morning. Has he ever been on Talking Dead?

Jeffrey DeMunn never appeared on Talking Dead, not even over satellite/phone like some of the other cast members have. The lack of interviews is pretty odd.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Having comic book + tv show discussion and actual tv show leaks in the same thread is pretty stupid.

UberTag

Actually, I think it's just that Daryl is a lot smarter than everyone else on the show.
I'll buy Daryl, Rick and Dale. I can see the rest having a great deal of difficulty connecting those clearly laid out dots with the handful of brain cells they have to rub together. Lori clearly needed help processing this outcome when Dale first brought it to her attention.

I'm not entering the spoiler thread cuz I have no interest in leaks. But I don't think there's much to discuss between the comic and show either. They are so different.
Clearly we need TWO spoiler threads.
One for comic discussion. One for TV episode leaks.

I'm not entering the spoiler thread cuz I have no interest in leaks. But I don't think there's much to discuss between the comic and show either. They are so different.

The show keeps getting better all the time with all the digress with stupid nonsensical things the characters do. It is true that human nature can be unpredictable, but the way they do this here isn't very entertaining.
I am thinking of starting reading the comics for comparison sake even if it might not be a masterpiece, but it should be more entertaining than this. I like how Dale was ripped open but not the others while cuddling the zombies several times. However it could be a good sign that they now feel encouraged to kill off important characters instead of just having them hugging zombies for naught.

SickBoy

lol I got the ending spoiled by Facebook. Somme asshole posted a FB update (or posted on his twitter that automatically updates his Facebook? I don't know...). After calling him out, he defended himself saying that it was trending on twitter and was just joining in... needless to say I unsubscribed from him.

Yeah, I would've been more annoyed if it was someone I knew rather than just some Internet person spoiling it. It was, but I was already spoiled, so it was OK.

Funny thing is, a few people worried it was a real guy named Dale who was "gone."

As for the spoiler thread, yeah, unmarked TV and comic spoilers don't really go together

I with parrotbeak agree that there's nothing so similar in the two Walking Deads that you absolutely need to talk about comics. Just every once in a while there's an urge to wonder: "Will X happen?"

Just caught up....

NOOooooooooooooooo!

Open in new tab/ window before scrolling down

aKoFV.jpg

xNius.png

dGduU.jpg

gKR46.png

BaCn6.jpg

ibeJsfDuFsNLyd.gif

gOJiJ.jpg

Shows not going to be the same without DaleFace.

WHY WOULD I EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS WORLD ANYMORE

/meltdown

Gotta admit I enjoyed the last episode. Dale was annoying the crap out of me for ages, but I think he actually had a point in this episode and it helped show his character a lot better. Then he died. Welp.

Also dammit Carl. I kind of like the way he sees things; it's much better than him being a whiny kid. Problem is, he's also coming off as a jerk and a fucking idiot in the process.

In the early part of the episode, I felt like I was watching Dale in a Bioware game. Going around talking to townspeople, selecting just the absolutely worst thing to say...

Question for those who have read the comic (spoilers):
Does Dale or a similar character die like that in the comic, thanks to Carl? I'm wondering because I was spoiled about Carl killing you know who, and I'm wondering if the events of last episode prove to be the catalyst for such a dramatic action on his part (ie the idea of unilaterally nipping things in the bud because they spiral out of control, something his father seems unable to do).

Last night's episode was alright, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people are going on about. It seemed like a bit of a filler episode to lead up to the last two.

Question for those who have read the comic (spoilers):
Does Dale or a similar character die like that in the comic, thanks to Carl? I'm wondering because I was spoiled about Carl killing you know who, and I'm wondering if the events of last episode prove to be the catalyst for such a dramatic action on his part (ie the idea of unilaterally nipping things in the bud because they spiral out of control, something his father seems unable to do).
I'll pm you since I don't think this thread is appropriate for comic spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom