• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Worst States for African Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither am I. Though I grew up in Florida, I live in Chicago now, and there's just as much racism here as anywhere else I've been. And with Bruce "Fuck Passing a Budget in General, Fuck Brown People in Particular" Rauner as our Governor, I doubt it's going to get better while he's in office. Fingers crossed for 2018.

It's like when MLK had a housing march in Chicago, and was shocked at the visceral hatred by the white people there and thought it was actually worse than anything he experienced in the south.

Funny how the black people are lazy myth started when folks could not longer own them

You can make it come true by not hiring them and reinforce the stereotype. Same thing they did with criminals.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Blacks getting jobs is a lot hard than people expect.

A co-worker told me that he overheard these guys from another department talking about how they don't hire blacks because they are lazy.

Ye, Blacks have a lot against them in the workforce.

I think that's a good point when you consider that many of the top 10 states listed are places where it's even hard for white people to get a decent job.

Which one has the best economy right now? Minnesota? I think most of the jobs there are ones where you need a pretty good education though.

KingV

It actually is unfairly representative of the native islanders.

Not shocking, given that the Haole came in, took all my ancestors shit, pushed them into ghettos and shit shacks and said "tough titty now serve us".

Even worse in Tongo and Samoa. They're literally third world countries.

Having lived in Hawai'i, I agree with this.

I also think Haole, used in that way is a low-key racial slur, and is barely half a step from "f'ing Haole go back to the mainland (or Punahou)!!!"

Note: I'm a Haole that went to Punahou, so heard both of those plenty of times.

mjc

Not surprised in the least that Wisconsin is #1. Milwaukee is overly segregated and relations are still boiling. Quite sad.

kirblar

Does the "North" include the Midwest, colloquially? Cause I treat North/Northeast as interchangeable.

And please move to Virginia if you're coming to NOVA. Things are awesome here.

Slayven

Does the "North" include the Midwest, colloquially? Cause I treat North/Northeast as interchangeable.

I always treated anything above the Mason Dixon line as North
border_mason_dixon_line_map_us_census_bureau_boundary.jpg
Delware and Maryland excluded

Now your comment about Maryland being "poopy" makes sense...

Not surprised in the least that Wisconsin is #1. Milwaukee is overly segregated and relations are still boiling. Quite sad.

Have an uncle lives in Wisconsin, married to a white woman in the 1970's, told me all the shit they had to put him with...humanity was a mistake....

Viewt

I always treated anything above the Mason Dixon line as North

Delware and Maryland excluded

Kentucky is occasionally considered part of the Midwest, but other than that, I'd say that map is pretty accurate. And they all have their own flavor of racism.

The South
"Hey, they got their side a'town and we got ours. Long's they don' date none of my sisters, we won't have problems."

The Midwest
"Say, Margie, what's that black feller doin' on the lawn?"
"Says he's from the 'lectric company, yah?"
"Oh, okie."
*lingers at the window long enough to make eye contact, then shuffles behind the curtain*

The Northeast
"[N-Word], I told that [N-Word] that ain't no [N-Word] gonna do shit 'round here, muh-fucka!"
*black person walks by*
"And, uh, he told me, 'Dude, you better get," um, 'you better get out of my face,' *whispers, covers mouth* ...[N-Word]."
*sweats profusely*

The West
"I was totally gonna jump in there, but you know, there were hella Canadians, and I'm not gonna, like, fuck around with those dudes."

Actually, you could probably split up The West into like 4-5 variants. I imagine the Pacific Northwest version is just blatant confusion over seeing a black person.

Kentucky is occasionally considered part of the Midwest, but other than that, I'd say that map is pretty accurate. And they all have their own flavor of racism.

The South
"Hey, they got their side a'town and we got ours. Long's they don' date none of my sisters, we won't have problems."

The Midwest
"Oh, okie."
*lingers at the window long enough to make eye contact, then shuffles behind the curtain*

The Northeast
"[N-Word], I told that [N-Word] that ain't no [N-Word] gonna do shit 'round here, muh-fucka!"
*black person walks by*
"And, uh, he told me, 'Dude, you better get," um, 'you better get out of my face,' *whispers, covers mouth* ...[N-Word]."
*sweats profusely*

The West
"I was totally gonna jump in there, but you know, there were hella Canadians, and I'm not gonna, like, fuck around with those dudes."

Actually, you could probably split up The West into like 4-5 variants. I imagine the Pacific Northwest version is just blatant confusion over seeing a black person.

Painfully accurate.

TreIII

Maryland still can always improve, but I'm proud it's still a state where we have reps in government and more opportunities in general.

I think that's a good point when you consider that many of the top 10 states listed are places where it's even hard for white people to get a decent job.

Which one has the best economy right now? Minnesota? I think most of the jobs there are ones where you need a pretty good education though.

Study after study has shown that white men and women with no degrees (or even HS diplomas in some fields) have higher chances at jobs than black men and women with degrees.

At some point we need to call a spade and spade.

Slayven

what the fuck, I have NEVER been arrested
in this country

Comic books aren't real goddamnit
Neither are you
Study after study has shown that white men and women with no degrees (or even HS diplomas in some fields) have higher chances at jobs than black men and women with degrees.

At some point we need to call a spade and spade.

hell studies have shown a white man with a felony record has a better chance then a black man with no record

Miletius

Not surprised that the top 4 are all rust belt states. When your whole economy is depressed the people who are statistically at the bottom tend to suffer disproportionately.

Also Trump, yadda, yadda.

M52B28

Banned

The South

The Midwest
"Oh, okie."

The Northeast
*black person walks by*
*sweats profusely*

The West

Perfect.

Neither are you
Haha. Don't attack Slayven's comics.

Infinite

Not all shocked that Connecticut has a big problem with racial segregation and income disparity. Tends to be the case with a lot of the northeast states 🤔

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
The fact we even have to chart this out in 2017, I'm still looking to move to canada or europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom