• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Diablo 4 "highway effect" thing is one of the funniest copes that I've seen

26fc2205-48f5-45fb-a4c1-8e3e99ce8b15_text.gif
You best tag your nemesis in this!

nikos

I felt sleepy playing it because it was boring.

The most fun I had playing it was with a friend, and only because we were having good conversation. Playing it alone, at least when the story ends, is pretty boring.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If no one had hyped this turd to ungodly degrees 11/10 Generation Defining Full Space Exploration You can explore the planets fully on landing, etc.

And remembered that Bethesda's recent track record is extremely poor (Fallout 4 and 76 are shitdumps and I say that as someone who loved Fallout 3 and Skyrim), we wouldn't see so many SenjutsuSage levels of extreme copium.

I find this topic fascinating, because I did try the Diablo IV public beta a few weeks before release, and yes, I remember almost falling sleep playing it. I thought I was just tired that day, I did not ultimately buy the game.

But there may in fact be some truth to the claim that the way the game is designed might be unintentionally generating patterns that cause drowsiness.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I find this topic fascinating, because I did try the Diablo IV public beta a few weeks before release, and yes, I remember almost falling sleep playing it. I thought I was just tired that day, I did not ultimately buy the game.

But there may in fact be some truth to the claim that the way the game is designed might be unintentionally generating patterns that cause drowsiness.

I was having trouble staying awake playing diablo 4....

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I mean, these two things are not mutually exclusive. It can be a crappy game and hypnotize you at the same time.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I mean, these two things are not mutually exclusive. It can be a crappy game and hypnotize you at the same time.
I mean, I don't think that the game being hypnotising is the same thing either. I used to bring myself into those trance-like states of mind when grinding power in Destiny 2 and putting on some droning neofolk music in the background, but it never caused me to actually get sleepy out of the blue because the gameplay was just stimulating.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I mean, I don't think that the game being hypnotising is the same thing either. I used to bring myself into those trance-like states of mind when grinding power in Destiny 2 and putting on some droning neofolk music in the background, but it never caused me to actually get sleepy out of the blue because the gameplay was just stimulating.
Strangely enough, I get this dozing off feature while playing Souls games. Elden Ring especially. Like I'm falling asleep parrying attacks n shit. I think there's something wrong with me.

Laieon

All my pc friends talk shit about this game. Very overrated by the reviewers it seems.

Different strokes for different folks. :)

Most of mine enjoy it a lot, but 90% of them aren't eternally online and weren't aware that they were supposed to dislike it to appear cool.

Last edited:
I played D3 for 2500 hours and I've played prob 15 or 20 hours of D4 and I can't be bothered booting it up anymore.
This is me. I actually double dipped on D3. Haven’t finished D4 and I bought it for early access and I legit fall asleep. I know one reason is that I can’t just run in a party with friends like before. They could’ve had something so great on their hands.

Blizzard is really going to go down like this? Just got into Overwatch and the writing is on the wall for that too. Sucks.

SABRE220

Well this is surprising from the initial review threads I only heard really positive things, going back to diablos roots, dark artstyle good lore apparently and yet yikes not a great reaction here from the players. I loved diablo 3 despite the artstyle and average lore so it would be very disappointing if its worse.

DavidGzz

All my pc friends talk shit about this game. Very overrated by the reviewers it seems.

Nah, the actual the story mode playthrough, which is all the time they really have before embargo is up, lined up with reviews. It's end game that gets boring. It needs some work and I think they will eventually fix it. I stuck to D3 and it became very good over time. D4 will as well.

SCB3

Nah, the actual the story mode playthrough, which is all the time they really have before embargo is up, lined up with reviews. It's end game that gets boring. It needs some work and I think they will eventually fix it. I stuck to D3 and it became very good over time. D4 will as well.
This. The first 50 hours I put in were fine, great even, but I have no reason to go back

Top Bottom