• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This new chapter of Dragon Ball Super was pretty damn cool

Shame it’s a bit too late to circle back around to the original “Gohan is the new Goku”, but after all the instant power ups they’ve thrown at people and the HTC they might as well bring him up to speed.

RIP Mystic Gohan, you did fuck all
Tournament of power Gohan is not that bad tho, I find it pretty awesome to be honest

Better than the horrendous FnF Gohan, too, that was a fucking nightmare to watch

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Tournament of power Gohan is not that bad tho, I find it pretty awesome to be honest

Better than the horrendous FnF Gohan, too, that was a fucking nightmare to watch

Such a low point for Gohan lol. But seriously, I never got why people were surprised Gohan wouldn't choose to train if he didn't have to. His entire storyline is that he just wanted to study and become a scholar. It was Goku (and Piccolo) who kept pushing him to train and fight. He personally hated it.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Such a low point for Gohan lol. But seriously, I never got why people were surprised Gohan wouldn't choose to train if he didn't have to. His entire storyline is that he just wanted to study and become a scholar. It was Goku (and Piccolo) who kept pushing him to train and fight. He personally hated it.
As the reported original ending, it was perfect. Chichi forced him to study because she’s a bitch, but when it came down to it he was the prodigy that surpassed his father saved the world. The flashes of SSJ2 led us there, and it was great then some fat pink thing turned up and Vegeta got a henna tattoo on his forehead.

Cleared_Hot

As the reported original ending, it was perfect. Chichi forced him to study because she’s a bitch, but when it came down to it he was the prodigy that surpassed his father saved the world. The flashes of SSJ2 led us there, and it was great then some fat pink thing turned up and Vegeta got a henna tattoo on his forehead.
😂 Lol that's one way of putting it

I only recently watched the bu saga. It's not as bad as I expected. I actually enjoyed the saiyaman stuff right into the buu saga and how it introduced all the kai stuff as well which helped me understand the direction I saw dbs. It's a good progression. I just wish they were more clever with the naming crap. Cereal is too silly for me to stomach, the translators for when they adapt it to anime better be clever with it.

Soodanim

Gold Member
😂 Lol that's one way of putting it

I only recently watched the bu saga. It's not as bad as I expected. I actually enjoyed the saiyaman stuff right into the buu saga and how it introduced all the kai stuff as well which helped me understand the direction I saw dbs. It's a good progression. I just wish they were more clever with the naming crap. Cereal is too silly for me to stomach, the translators for when they adapt it to anime better be clever with it.
I had a good time with Buu too, and I’m with you on the Saiyaman stuff. I mentioned Videl figuring out who Gohan was earlier in the thread because I like all of that stuff where they bring it back to the world they’re living alongside. I think that’s why I like the original Dragon Ball series so much, because it’s the normal world that Goku moves in and out of. Mercenary Tao’s return is a reminder of that in Z.

Cereal naming is probably the most egregious yet, even including some of the old ones like Piccolo and his instrument henchmen like Drum, or most of the main families. Carrot and Radish, Vegeta and Tarble, Bloomer Briefs and Trunks, the fridge family of King Cold and his sons Cooler and Freezer. Something about Oatmeal from Planet Cereal seems worse.

At the beginning yea, but by the time they got to the cell saga Gohan didn't need anyone pushing him to train. Even in the hyperbolic time chamber when Gohan was actually pushing Goku to train more, not the other way around.

Now obviously he was pushing it because the earth was in danger, not because he loved it like Goku and Vegeta, but after Goku died and entrusted Gohan to be the new protector of earth that should have been enough motivation to keep training, even enough to at least maintain his power, him getting weaker was insane.

Shouta

Cereal naming is probably the most egregious yet, even including some of the old ones like Piccolo and his instrument henchmen like Drum, or most of the main families. Carrot and Radish, Vegeta and Tarble, Bloomer Briefs and Trunks, the fridge family of King Cold and his sons Cooler and Freezer. Something about Oatmeal from Planet Cereal seems worse.

It's the worst breakfast choice, that's why.

Manga's fucking fan-fiction and the anime's some watered-down shit written by a committee.

Just give me a Dragon Ball prequel. The limitations will make for more interesting stories.

NahaNago

Dragon ball Super pretty much forgot about the majority of the cast except for the tournament arc. I still want more videl, gohan, satan, roshi, tien, yamcha, and a namekian god piccolo . Gohan should have been the first to become a god after his training. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Chichi's families wealth since she was a princess.

Codes 208

Dragon ball Super pretty much forgot about the majority of the cast except for the tournament arc. I still want more videl, gohan, satan, roshi, tien, yamcha, and a namekian god piccolo . Gohan should have been the first to become a god after his training. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Chichi's families wealth since she was a princess.
Goten even says in the first episode of super that Ox King’s wealth had pretty much disappeared by the events of super.

when you have two (sometimes three) saiyans to feed that don’t have a job, you gotta get money from somewhere.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Goten even says in the first episode of super that Ox King’s wealth had pretty much disappeared by the events of super.

when you have two (sometimes three) saiyans to feed that don’t have a job, you gotta get money from somewhere.
It's been about 3 decades since that happened you would think that a ruler would have been able to generate some wealth in that time period. Now that I think about it since Gohan is a prince shouldn't he have been raised as one instead of a scholar. Like what is Chi chi's obsession with being a scholar when she was raised as a princess.

edit: wait was this a third fire. You have the first fire that Roshi uses to destroy the castle, the second fire for the wedding that the bansho fan is used to get rid of the fire and a third fire to destroy the last castle?

edit to my edit: The last fire was supposedly after the buu saga. How in the world is Ox king poor then. Wouldn't it have made sense that most of his wealth would have been in banks. I think I might be using too much common sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom