• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tifa Swimsuit Video Reveal got over 10 million Views in 24 Hours

SSfox

More TITS incoming

th9FkU6.jpg
What's ESG?

Cyberpunkd

Lumyst

A communist ploy to get leverage on every company.

When I asked my boss about why all the companies all of a sudden did the DEI themed groups at the same time in lockstep (companies call them Employee Resource Groups ERG) he said it was because of the younger generation and attracting the younger generation, and all the companies were facing the same issue of how to deal with the younger generation. Which is, because of the Marxists who teach in public education, and also the business school graduates of elite universities where they promote Marxism, all doing things the same way, now that I've had time to really get a sense of what was happening and all the weirdness going on with visual arts and culture and trying to identify the root cause.

I wonder now, there was that joke about Will Smith's Nice Clean Rap in Family Guy that I remember from a long time ago, do young people legitimately only enjoy "Clean Rap" now rather than real rap (to use a metaphor) or do they virtue signal by putting down attractive character designs on social media, while secretly enjoying them? Humans being humans, the opposite sexes are attracted to each other and in the young adult period people start to care about being attractive to the opposite sex, and how that's been celebrated in culture and media is through attire that emphasizes the features that the opposite sex is attracted too, and fun moments like this where Cloud notices that Tifa and Aerith are girls. I know the communists are using their tactics to whittle down culture, and that companies like Square are kind of trying to take into account potential cultural changes though. Maybe it makes it fun to see that sometimes stuff gets to "slip through the censors" haha, I got a Japanese game last year where the female characters did have those bits and bobs that are obviously trying to cover up their attractive physical features, but after beating the game and doing a side quest, you get the bikinis :p

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Cater to your fanbase (straight white male) and you will reap the rewards. Pretty simple. Game is going to sell gangbusters.

But I'm black. So am I not part of the fanbase? Just seems like a weird response to have to this video doing great. I think most people (regardless of race or gender) prefer to look at attractive characters.

Last edited:

Interfectum

But I'm black. So am I not part of the fanbase? Just seems like a weird response to have to this video doing great. I think most people (regardless of race or gender) prefer to look at attractive characters.
I was too crass in that statement tbh. What I should have said is cater to your actual fans instead of fucked up activists on social media and you will reap the rewards. You are VERY much included in the fanbase. Sorry.

Last edited:

proandrad

I was too crass in that statement tbh. What I should have said is cater to your actual fans instead of fucked up activists on social media and you will reap the rewards. You are VERY much included in the fanbase. Sorry.

LOL dude no worries, everyone enjoys big anime boobs. I bet you most of the purple folk do too, they are just so deep in their group think bubble that they all have to one up eachother to prove how woke they are. The same people probably say Bayonetta showing off her body is empowering because she happens to be taller than an average woman.

Last edited:

UnrealEck

I'm seeing people say it's bait and switch and that the game has a lot of woke crap in it. There's reviews pointing out how much representation there is of queer people.

It's almost like I've subconsciously set red flags on certain words/terms.
Like 'Equity', 'Diversity', 'representation', 'inclusion' and 'modern audiences'.

I said I wouldn't pre-order games anymore but Japanese games I tend to make an exception because I thought they had an immunity to wokeness. I haven't played FF7 since 1997 so I really hope my experience of Rebirth isn't tainted by insertions of 'the message'.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I'm seeing people say it's bait and switch and that the game has a lot of woke crap in it. There's reviews pointing out how much representation there is of queer people.

Like 'Equity', 'Diversity', 'representation', 'inclusion' and 'modern audiences'.

I said I wouldn't pre-order games anymore but Japanese games I tend to make an exception because I thought they had an immunity to wokeness. I haven't played FF7 since 1997 so I really hope my experience of Rebirth isn't tainted by insertions of 'the message'.
Depends on how it is written. NieR had a ton of representation, and it was incredibly well written without being insultingly heavy handed/in your face about it. As long as they make Characters who happen to be gay versus Gay Characters as an example, we should be golden.

mckmas8808

When a magazine or mass media says someone "must embrace" something is a red flag the size of Jupiter.

ESG is a how-to-ruin-business manifesto created by some of the worst scum on Earth.

I 100% agree with the bolded. Its why I saw millions of red flags when "the industry" was telling us gamers that......

- consoles were going to die in 2013 and the PS4 gen was the last one.
- Streaming is gaming's future
- Gamepass is the best deal in gaming
- Single Player games are dead

The problem is if you are setting red flags, it doesn't look like your list of words are long enough. Why stop at "diversity", "inclusion", and "modern audiences"? Why not increase it to include reviewers that use the words, "woke", "wokeness", "the message", "ESG", and "bait and switch"?

You are being played and don't even realize it.

Nickolaidas

Depends on how it is written. NieR had a ton of representation, and it was incredibly well written without being insultingly heavy handed/in your face about it. As long as they make Characters who happen to be gay versus Gay Characters as an example, we should be golden.
If the queer representation is handled like they handled the Honeybee Inn, it's a thumbs up from me.

As long they don't make it the 'point' of the character, as long as straight characters remain straight, and as long as masculinity isn't shamed or ridiculed, there is nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with inserting gay/lesbian/queer characters.

That was the whole point of diversity. Include, and do not shame.

mckmas8808

It's VERY interesting to me when a character is "NOT" the default characteristic, they seem to always need to have some William Shakespeare-level writing for them to exist. Or else the creatives should have just left them to be the default (straight\white\male\etc).

Why? It feels insanely weird to me and full of BS that (for instance) a gay character can't be in a game and not be perfectly written. Maybe they are just like people of the same gender, but are also just okay written characters. We have average and bad written straight characters in many games.

captainpat

Dno probably quite, they loved lady dimitrescu with her giant triple Z breasts though, they're a confusing bunch.
Nah, that’s in line. Female characters that are unconventionally attractive. Muscles, really tall, elderly, fat, etc always get a pass.

Reactions: Isa

Nickolaidas

It's VERY interesting to me when a character is "NOT" the default characteristic, they seem to always need to have some William Shakespeare-level writing for them to exist. Or else the creatives should have just left them to be the default (straight\white\male\etc).

Why? It feels insanely weird to me and full of BS that (for instance) a gay character can't be in a game and not be perfectly written. Maybe they are just like people of the same gender, but are also just okay written characters. We have average and bad written straight characters in many games.
I think what Faust means is that an LGBTQ+ character in a game should not be written like a Californian college student (a walking 'Down with the patriarchy / men suck', etc. sign).

Last edited:

mckmas8808

I think what Faust means is that an LGBTQ+ character in a game should not be written like a Californian college student (a walking 'Down with the patriarchy / men suck', etc. sign).

I hope so, because your post above mine is 100% what I was thinking. You said it better than me though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Another example is 13 Sentinels with Hijiyama
13sar-takatoshi-hijiyama.jpg

Nickolaidas

I hope so, because your post above mine is 100% what I was thinking. You said it better than me though.
Somewhat relevant: I know I give off the impression that by hating 'wokeness', I can sometimes appear as 'extreme' to some people. But the truth is that I love diversity, as long as it's not forced and as long as it not a cover for anti-white rhetoric.

I work on my webcomic, daily. Kinda like a superhero story. Kinda. The protagonist is a lesbian and the strongest character is the group is an african american woman. But I do not shame white characters. My male characters are badasses, my female characters are sexy (as sexy as my art allows, anyway), and the goal of the comic is to entertain and provoke with characterization, not with social commentary issues of racism and whatnot.

This is how I think it should be done, and I am doing my part in promoting my principles with my work. I do not promote ideologies. I write stories.

ssringo

Dno probably quite, they loved lady dimitrescu with her giant triple Z breasts though, they're a confusing bunch.
Not confusing. If a few of the established whiners decide  they like something then everyone else is allowed to follow suit. Otherwise they have to play follow the leader with complaining.

I remember a couple years ago I was reading a thread over for fun and people were catching bans for innocuous comments until one of the previously mentioned people said something similar to what was getting people banned and suddenly it was ok and all the bans stopped.

Interfectum

If the queer representation is handled like they handled the Honeybee Inn, it's a thumbs up from me.

As long they don't make it the 'point' of the character, as long as straight characters remain straight, and as long as masculinity isn't shamed or ridiculed, there is nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with inserting gay/lesbian/queer characters.

That was the whole point of diversity. Include, and do not shame.
This is key. Basically it's possible to be more inclusive without shitting on the current fans of the game / series / etc.

A character isn't interesting simply because of their identity. Make a good story around them and I could give a shit what archetype they are.

Tams

Sorry for the double-post but this is related to Tifa's boobs:

Remake Intergrade just received a 3.8GB on Steam (and presumably PS5). Says it's only bug fixes but given the size I was skeptical that was all there is, so I looked it up on Twitter and someone was already on top of it:

TL;DR: they covered up Tifa's cleavage in her Guide outfit in pre-rendered cutscenes
GHP4bqcasAAFRoC

Technically, it makes sense considering the black sport bra is a part of the outfit in Rebirth (and shitty gacha Ever Crisis), but going back to edit the original's short prerendered cutscenes seems unnecessary because it's like 5 seconds worth of footage in total lol

I'm sure some would consider this thread-worthy (get ready for the "Square Enix retroactively censors Tifa's cleavage" clickbait articles) but I don't think it's that big of a big deal. Just kinda weird and unnecessary.

Imagine your life being so sad that your job is to cover up digital cleavage of fictional characters.

Doomtrain

Not confusing. If a few of the established whiners decide  they like something then everyone else is allowed to follow suit. Otherwise they have to play follow the leader with complaining.

I remember a couple years ago I was reading a thread over for fun and people were catching bans for innocuous comments until one of the previously mentioned people said something similar to what was getting people banned and suddenly it was ok and all the bans stopped.
Spot on. There are no actual rules, other than "you must parrot whoever we've decided is in charge."

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

Difference being is that a poorly written “default”, to use your words, nine times out of ten isn’t poorly written because of immutable characteristics. Rarely does their race, sex, gender, or whom they are attracted to play into why they are poorly written.

A poorly written “inclusive” character often is poorly written because their immutable characteristics is the only personality trait they were given. Hence why I said a character who happens to be gay vs a Gay Character. A Bill, Emil, or Sylvando vs literally anyone in 2064: Read Only Memories. People will always prefer three dimensional characters over tokens used to bash a message in your face.

Or in Laymen’s Terms:

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

2064: Read Only Memories. People will always prefer three dimensional characters over tokens used to bash a message in your face.
Yeah, I played that game before my eyes were more open to woke ideology and I was always getting the impression that many characters had a chip on their shoulders without any 'real' reason.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Yeah, I played that game before my eyes were more open to woke ideology and I was always getting the impression that many characters had a chip on their shoulders without any 'real' reason.
I was very excited to play the game after learning it shared the same universe as Val hall-a. Worst written game I had ever played, until a certain third person shooter released a few years back.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom