• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tifa Swimsuit Video Reveal got over 10 million Views in 24 Hours

stn

No kidding. It should have been something like this:

I4qq-qm1CijvO_kWtWDGfGS9yrJ7D5-KLwVum14Pc_DUfrhNM0B__NkQPXxXLl_-1FrfhT0N4blkSsiZ-cH1Avfghh-QZ3KvD7pzaucUs-g6rx1maqTga24Fy0TJ501XYSad7Lh0vvGq_6csIehcdta7ToAb5tfiK6Hwj6w
Yooo, who's this? ...Asking for a friend. Its not for me.

tkscz

Some quotes from the purple asylum:

- Tifa's arms are skinnier than mine (and mine are not big at all, I barely exercise and I still got more definition)
- Aerith's animation continues to be infantilized garbage
- The men don't even have same-opportunity fanservice compared to the women
- And of course, the camera heavily focuses on Tifa's tits because of course

Pretty much as expected.

Garbage...

Embarrassing

I'm just sick of video games assuming everyone who plays them is a straight man. I honestly think I will skip FF7R2 because I just don't want to put up with this fanservice stuff at the moment and am already feeling alienated from media aimed at men right now. I have discovered murder she wrote and sambuca and that combination will give me a more fun experience.
Are mainstream video games ever going to get better? Will they ever have a Captain Marvel or Barbie moment (successful mainstream blcokbuster about women by women)?
I'm not surprised, but I am definitely disappointed by this scene. They went full steam ahead with the sexualization of women and I don't predict it will change eventually.

I'm just so sick and tired of this.

mr-bison-street-fighter.gif
The men don't even have same-opportunity fanservice compared to the women

Cloud rocking a fucking 8-pack but not considered fanservice.
How will Japanese devs ever compete if they still don't understand what we western gamers want?

FybACT9aQAEgpjz
What game am I even looking at? Why does she look like someone punched her in the face while she caught a wiff of an awful fart?

Meanwhile, western devs think this is what we want.

1280x720.jpg
You know you fucked up when you make a fat face look unattractive to a guy who likes fat chicks. This is damn near a man.

I still honestly don't get the hate for Aloy, she's sunburnt due to the environment (pretty impressive effects in the game have her actually sweating in the desert regions) and wearing no make up. And that screen shot is cherry picked using a close up camera.

Abby is rather meh, but again, lifestyle, environment etc. I can see why the Devs chose that direction as they have gone for a more realistic look in a post apocalyptic world. But I do kinda understand though when people say she isn't that attractive.

The other two no excuse however.
Aloy looks like a chubby 13 year old boy who gets bullied after school.

Crayon

Is it just tifa? There are three smoking hot characters on screen.

Tifa does stand out because they went the extra mile for her boobs, though. Got to say that. Avoiding casting big busted women for certain roles goes back way farther than the woke age.

Complistic

Cloud rocking a fucking 8-pack but not considered fanservice.

What game am I even looking at? Why does she look like someone punched her in the face while she caught a wiff of an awful fart?

You know you fucked up when you make a fat face look unattractive to a guy who likes fat chicks. This is damn near a man.
It's a shop btw

phant0m

Meanwhile, western devs think this is what we want.

1280x720.jpg
Abby_Anderson.jpg

uploads1686680939420-fable-header.jpg
C1f7E00VEAAqC48.jpg

We really gonna pretend that Horizon & TLOU weren't also massive successes that reviewed well? C'mon guys.

Dunno who the bottom 3 other though. Is the woman in the middle the VA for Mass Effect character?

Anyway, I will continue to die on the hill of

Tifa >>> Aerith

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I wonder if

We really gonna pretend that Horizon & TLOU weren't also massive successes that reviewed well? C'mon guys.

Dunno who the bottom 3 other though. Is the woman in the middle the VA for Mass Effect character?
Reviewing well has nothing to do with fugly western character design choices. Gameplay saved TLoU’s fugly cast. Great visuals saved Horizon from its Chris Farley look alike main protagonist.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I wonder if

Tifa >>> Aerith
Nobody is arguing the success of the games. Of course they are, but they fuglified the women and the actresses they were even based on. Can't be too pretty in the CULTure rot west, unless you worship Swift or Kardashians, then that's okay.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I wonder if

Tifa >>> Aerith
Bottom one is the model for Mass Effect Andromeda’s default female player character.

Although I think it’s less a case of BioWare trying to ugly her up, and more a case of their janky ass facial animations in that game. Everyone in Andromeda moves and talks so weirdly.

phant0m

Reviewing well has nothing to do with fugly western character design choices. Gameplay saved TLoU’s fugly cast. Great visuals saved Horizon from its Chris Farley look alike main protagonist.

Oh I don't disagree, but half this thread is acting like western devs are failing because they aren't "giving us what we want"

GymWolf

Gold Member
No reason to argue.

In reality, we want all three. Tending to our wounds after a had battle.
Aaaaaawwwww, she is making a vase like in that romantic pottery scene at the beginning of ghost with patrick and demi.

She is such a kind soul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oberstein

A clip of the remade Costa Del Sol section of Final Fantasy 7 has gone viral, with Tifa trending alongside Aerith. The clip shows the party at the beach, with Cloud seemingly taken aback by Tifa and Aerith's swimsuits.

The internet has already grown obsessed over it: Just to give you an idea, the original Famitsu publication collected 9.2 million views in just 24 hours, while Genki's tweet, which shares the same video, reached 1.8 million views, amassing 10.8 million views.

Obviously, one of the main reasons this clip has attracted so much attention is because of Tifa's looks, which have players enthralled by her beauty combined with this beautiful outfit.

via iGN

Imagine a Western studio with a Japanese license... wouldn't that be perfect?

Oh...

B86cjrp.jpg

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I still honestly don't get the hate for Aloy, she's sunburnt due to the environment (pretty impressive effects in the game have her actually sweating in the desert regions) and wearing no make up. And that screen shot is cherry picked using a close up camera.

Abby is rather meh, but again, lifestyle, environment etc. I can see why the Devs chose that direction as they have gone for a more realistic look in a post apocalyptic world. But I do kinda understand though when people say she isn't that attractive.

The other two no excuse however.
Shush let the kids have their digital crushes on plastic anime characters, no need to remind them that the Western Devs they used as examples make very different games..

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I don't really mind their outfits that much, but I definitely wish Tifa looked more realistic. Something like this:

Bellator-298-official-weigh-ins-Dayana-Silva.jpg

happy-new.gif
It’s happened. The final seal of the apocalypse has broken. Turning Tifa into a black man.

She looks like a black Abby. Blabby.

Last edited:
Top Bottom