• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to eat crow regarding Ant-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone spent 11 months collecting posts and didn't want it to go to waste despite a film receiving a tepid response.

Haha, that's what was thinking when reading the OP. Embarrassing.

I guess I might watch Ant-Man... In six months when it comes out on Bluray. Mediocre Marvel movies are the most mediocre of mediocre, they're really not worth raising a fuss about.

The only thing I'd change on here is Thor. They gave it to the guys behind Winter Soldier. They turned Cap around after a mediocre first showing.
I liked Cap 1, though...

Huh? As far as I was aware, it doesn't have a director yet and the screenplay is being co-written by Chris Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Craig Pyle (first feature film, only written comics and cartoons so far). Nothing to do with Winter Soldier.

Maybe you're confusing Ragnork with the Russo brothers working on the two Infinity War movies after Civil War?

Cipherr

Preach; no idea why OP thought this was a good idea.

Like I never was under the impression that Ant-Man had to fight against tons of criticisms or anything. It just exists.

Humiliate yourself when you fight for a multi billion dollar corporation on the internet brehs.

Whats with GAF lately? Is this some morphed way to deal with being salty? Pretending like we dont, and havent ALWAYS had these threads in the vein of good fun.

Get off your little boxes and live and laugh a little. Jesus Christ.

Whats with GAF lately? Is this some morphed way to deal with being salty? Pretending like we dont, and havent ALWAYS had these threads in the vein of good fun.

I think the prevailing sentiment is that this particular case doesn't need a crow thread. Crow threads should be reserved for high profile failures or massive successes in the face of skepticism.

If every middling success for a film with mild skepticism had a crow thread, well, we might be able to cure world hunger by way of crow. Crows for everyone!

Crud

Banned

Live a little? What are you even talking about?

I am going to collect lots of salty quotes from people and make a new thread about how this thread actually turned out to be a good thread at page 20.

Nibel

The heck are you talking about?

I for one did not criticize the concept of crow threads itself - which is another subject - but the fact that there was almost no controversy about Ant-Man at all and therefore it's unwarranted. There was no sceptism, huge shitstorms or anything; this is why the thread backfired so much that OP got tagged.

Get out your little box and read a little. Jesus Christ.

duckroll

I'm sorry but this is not an acceptable crow thread. We're talking about a movie with a 79% RT with a 6.8/10 average and the second lowest MCU opening weekend of all time next to The Incredible Hulk. There is no crow here. Let's not encourage dumb fanboy fodder here where people try to embarrass other people over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom