• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to eat crow regarding Ant-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddddd not even breaking 60 million yet you spent a year cataloging posts for this thread
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif

CassSept

Well it's the 22nd highest marvel property opening weekend, these people must feel so owned.

Doctor Strange is going to burn the box office down. Black Panther will bomb. I'm calling it right now.

Man, Black Panther releases in 3 years, do you really expect him to keep a textfile for that long.

I'm not seeing how people who didn't think the movie looked appealing during it's production and in the lead up to it's release, now somehow have to "eat crow" because it came out and made Green Lantern money in it's opening weekend. That is some desperate correlation. I really hope OP is on Marvel's payroll otherwise this is even more pathetic.

I thought that the movie would be disappointing in terms of box-office by Marvel's recent standards, and that it would be an alright movie that would have been far better had Wright stayed to see out the film.

Lo and behold, I was right.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I thought that the movie would be disappointing in terms of box-office by Marvel's recent standards, and that it would be an alright movie that would have been far better had Wright stayed to see out the film.

Lo and behold, I was right.

how can you prove the second though?

Lunar15

I sure am glad that indie studio, Marvel, could beat the odds and come out with a victory here. Sends a great message out to Hollywood.

They really need people like OP to watch out for them and defend them in these tough times.

Mortemis

Banned
Yeah... I'm usually a fan of crow threads, but this doesn't seem right. 58 million isn't something to write home about tbh.

Just doesn't seem right.

Honestly it's way sadder that OP either saved a bunch of posts or went back and collected them then it is that someone was wrong about a movie being popular.

BadAss2961

I'm not seeing how people who didn't think the movie looked appealing during it's production and in the lead up to it's release, now somehow have to "eat crow" because it came out and made Green Lantern money in it's opening weekend. That is some desperate correlation. I really hope OP is on Marvel's payroll otherwise this is even more pathetic.
I think he just had to get some sort of return on the time he invested in putting this together. Eh, fuck it... (submits thread.)

Should've just taken the L without anyone having to know about this.

OP I feel bad for you. If this was a tag fishing thread it doesn't really make it better, but it's silly that you put this much effort to basically post "something I like and you didn't did well"

egruntz

shelaughz
Lol this fucking thread. That tag. xD

I guess I'll check out the movie with my girlfriend. Looks pretty dumb though.

Wanderer5

Lol kind of silly to shaming people like this, specifically since should probably wait till we see more of how well Ant-man does at the box office (should be fine through).

A lot of the marketing weren't really that compelling to be quite frank.

Some friends and I got really drunk and brought beer in the theater to keep the drunk going. Best way to experience this movie, it was a riot :)

squadr0n

Still not a fan of how the character integrates with the rest of the MCU at all or why he matters, especially when they don't even use him in the comics anymore.

If Pym had made Ultron this movie would have been so much better and actually justify Ant-Man as a hero in the MCU.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Still looks kind of crappy. It'll be the first Marvel movie I didn't bother to see in the theater.

You probably should. It's a lot more exciting, and a lot funnier than the trailers showed. Not "Make a stalker thread" good, but very good nonetheless. I'd say it's upper tier as far as Phase 2 goes.

massoluk

Banned
This is just about as bad a thread as that Day of Future Past crow thread where thinking Quicksilver looked dumb (justifiably so) was a ground for crow eating.

Dalek

Lol kind of silly to shaming people like this, specifically since should probably wait till we see more of how well Ant-man does at the box office (should be fine through).

A lot of the marketing weren't really that compelling to be quite frank.

I know, I know. It was all in fun, but obviously I was wrong. I've learned my lesson, I feel bad and have a sweet tag now.

squadr0n

woah woah woah since when?

I meant in anything other than his own series. He hasn't been a major player in any of the major events accept the last Ultron event because obviously. But Hickman's Avengers run only saw Ant Man breifly and even then it was the Hank Pym version.

PsychBat!

Banned
thats a good question
last i checked he was floating in space

I meant in anything other than his own series. He hasn't been a major player in any of the major events accept the last Ultron event because obviously. But Hickman's Avengers run only saw Ant Man breifly and even then it was the Hank Pym version.

Ah, you're talking about Pym.

EDIT: You're talking about two different people in the same statement. Pym does not have his own series. Hasn't had one in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom