• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge is releasing on June 16th, 2022

Kagey K

Banned
And it somehow gets better! Tee Lopes is a damn genius at nailing how things should sound, this stuff sounds like the 1987 soundtrack on cocaine.

Odds are they were on cocaine when they wrote the '87 music.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Great game! It’s what you would expect a sequel to the 90s arcade games to be. The controls and moves feel spot on.
Definitely worth the small asking price.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
My heart says Michelangelo, but my Mind says Donatello.

And then off to the side, I think April is probably the best character actually ....

Last edited:

Ammogeddon

Me and my friends played the original arcade game to death back in the 90s. That was back when we would imagine how awesome it would be to have “arcade perfect” graphics on our home computers/consoles. I remember getting the TMNT game on my Amiga and it was a massive disappointment in comparison.

I downloaded Shredders Revenge before bed yesterday and thought I’d take a quick look but ended up playing through 7 levels. Great to see it still has that same moorish charm that the arcade one had back in the day.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Those no hit challenges seem impossible at this point. Even the simplest foot soldiers can very quickly land a hit on you without a ton of telegraphing, and they uppercut you on jumps frequently. Will be interesting to watch videos of people doing it. I think your only defensive option is the backflip, so they must be spamming that constantly.

Those no hit challenges seem impossible at this point. Even the simplest foot soldiers can very quickly land a hit on you without a ton of telegraphing, and they uppercut you on jumps frequently. Will be interesting to watch videos of people doing it. I think your only defensive option is the backflip, so they must be spamming that constantly.
I only bothered with the one for final stage for the trophy. Stage one seems annoying but doable, spamming super with Casey might work for most of it, if you wanted to do them, but the hoverboard ones are just "why?"

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member

hollams

Gold Member
Played online co-op with a friend last night and he wanted to play through the Arcade mode first and that turned out to be a mistake. You can't save so you must beat the game in one sitting, which we didn't find out till 3/4ths the way through.

We got to the next to the last level and it was game over for me. Luckily, I was able to plug in another controller so I got to be another character. Later in the level he got game over so he plugged in another controller. Then I died again so I found another controller. During the boss fight I died then finally he died so it was completely game over for us. At least it will be a fun memory.

UncleMeat

I assume this can be played with an arcade stick? Do you need the right stick or r3 for any reason?

I need to buy an adapter or xbox stick if so...

Top Bottom