• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 3 Most Popular PlayStation Games in Each Country in 2023

Sony have published on their PlayStation website the most played games on PS4/PS5 in 2023 by country. It's mostly what you've expected, however, there's some interesting finds as well. Anyway, here's the full list:

Africa

South Africa
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®

East Asia

Japan
  1. Apex Legends
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Fortnite

South Korea
  1. Diablo IV
  2. EA Sports FIFA 23
  3. Elden Ring

Europe

Finland
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
France
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
Germany
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
Republic of Ireland
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
Italy
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
Netherlands
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
Poland
  1. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  2. Fortnite
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
Spain
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
Sweden
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
United Kingdom
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Call of Duty®
Middle East

Saudi Arabia
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
UAE
  1. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  2. Fortnite
  3. Grand Theft Auto V

North America

Canada
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty®
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
Mexico
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty®
  3. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
USA
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty®
  3. Grand Theft Auto V

Oceania

Australia
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty®
  3. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
New Zealand
  1. Fortnite
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Call of Duty®

South America

Argentina
  1. Fortnite
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  3. Rocket League
Brazil
  1. EA Sports FIFA 23
  2. Fortnite
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
Colombia
  1. EA SPORTS FIFA 23
  2. Fortnite
  3. Call of Duty®
Rankings are based on total hours played across PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 consoles between 1st January 2023 and 30th November 2023.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Lord willing, in 2024, Silent Hill 2 shall be the most popular game in all countries.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but I come from the year 2025 and unfortunately Silent Hill didn't break into the top 3 most played games in any country in 2024.

However the following games all did:

-Fortnite
-Grand Theft Auto 5
-EA Sports FC 24
-Call of Duty

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

That list is so sad and monotone.
It's like almost everyone is just playing Fortnite and EA SPORTS FIFA 23.

That's because basically most of the kids are exclusively playing those games. There are lots of 10-16 year olds in my family and that's all they play. The ones over 16 taste isn't too different either. I ask them if they're interested in any other games and they aren't. Either not aware of what other games have to offer or whatever streamers they watch are promoting these same games.

The question is will they eventually want to play more single player games as they get older? I think some will, but most won't until they're into their 20s and have got sick of online games.

Last edited:

Aion002

Japan top 3 is extremely surprising.

Apex Legends ahead of a gacha... That explains the FFVII collab.

now i get it keegan-michael key GIF by The Paley Center for Media

yurinka

FIFA, Fortnite, CoD, GTAV almost everywhere, little surprises.

Meanwhile in Japan and Korea: fuck it, Apex Legends, Genshin Impact, Diablo and Elden Ring.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Something doesn’t add up.
People tell me the TGA is a show for the kind of audience that makes these most-played lists what they are.
Yet these games never show up at the TGA, and nothing similar does.

So Call of Duty includes Warzone 1 and 2 and the yearly releases? That's unfair if true.

Maybe it is in Slight decline. It's gone from a Big Juggernaut to a little Juggernaut!

I think Sony wants to come out with a GAAS hit so its popular and people play it on PC and Playstaion. I hope they don’t waste lots of time and resources on a bunch just to see if one sticks

Go_Ly_Dow

I think as of right now there's probably a big enough market on both sides of the divide to justify pushing both single player games and GAAS games and achieve success. But the future looks uncertain and seems like GAAS/Online will takeover unless Gen Alpha and beyond decide they want to play more than just 3-5 different service games.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

I am very surprised FIFA is under fortnite. At least south korea has their shit together.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Why there are always the same threads on resetera and here? It look like a clone.

On the other hand a laugh at people saying that playstation sells because of it's exclusive games lol.

GoW:R and HFW were in the top 10 in sales last year in the US. If it was only ever about the top three games then Xbox would be neck and neck with PlayStation since all those games are on Xbox as well. So while I don't think it is correct to say exclusives are the reason PS5 sells, seems obvious that exclusives do have an impact.

Last edited:
0 exclusives and 1 Microsoft owned IP.

Xbox stay winning

Really though it's just MP games which isn't surprising. Maybe the first party studios should focus on a hit mp game like hal.. oh
Microsoft looking at this list.

".... Buy EA...."

Honestly it shows how important call of duty is to PlayStation and more reason why the deal is bullshit in that regard. They take call of duty away and PlayStation loses a huge gap in their portfolio. Let's see how the go about plugging it.

Top Bottom