• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Rome 2 |OT| I Came, I Saw, I Came

isual

AIGHT SONS

THIS IS IT

8wKs5Tr.jpg

Pinktaco

Just woke up. Updating the game and then I have to... take care of my appointment with my doctor :(

Hopefully it won't take long so I'll be ready in roughly in an hour :D

if anyone want to add me on steam the name is the same as on here.

Opening cinematic is compressed garbage. Don't bother making these people if you're going to compress them to the point where you can't see anything.

CA always has shitty cutscenes. Even their trailers look pretty bad.

The Napoleon one I just watched earlier today seemed a lot better, this one is low quality in general though which is weird. Lots of poor textures and the like, looks to be mostly in-game stuff used for cutscene purposes.

cripterion

Downloading an extra 1GB to get the english voices. (Didn't like the french ones from the little sample I got off the benchmark). Man I wanna play this!

Coming back to my earlier post, there seem to be a glitchy graphical effect, like some blur on the units.
Which reminds me Nvidia is a bit late to the party on this, usually they have a SLI profile already up and the Geforce Experience profile for it in advance.

Arghh I'm so tired.

I have failed you my legionaries D:

If I haven't added you on Steam already check my GAF profile.

Adding! And here is mine for the new page.
Edit: The username on your page doesn't show up :O

In the benchmark with everything set to extreme/ultra(I hate when games are inconsistent like that) I get an average of of 26.9 FPS. That's with a 4GB GTX670 and an i5-3570K

There's an option to allow the game to use "unlimited video memory" which I've never seen before.

Shady859

screenshot above is jaw dropping but I going to bed versus staying up the rest of the night and all tomorrow playing lol.

Weird, game only shows my card as having 3072 MBs of video memory despite having 3800.
AIGHT BRAHS !

I'M OUT , LAST ONE , FIGHT AND DIE FOR THE EMPERORRRRRRR

ROMA VICCTORRRRRRR !!!!

screenshot snip
Use minus or abload for gaming screenshots, imgur compresses to hell and back.

dc89

AIGHT BRAHS !

I'M OUT , LAST ONE , FIGHT AND DIE FOR THE EMPERORRRRRRR

ROMA VICCTORRRRRRR !!!!

http://i.imgur.com/pxHtYlf.jpg[/IMG
[/QUOTE]

Wow. I need this game. Shame I don't have a PC...buy my brother does. I'll make some enquiries.

cripterion

Weird, game only shows my card as having 3072 MBs of video memory despite having 3800.

Use minus or abload for gaming screenshots, imgur compresses to hell and back.

It must be buggy. It only showed a single GTX680 with 3GB for that DiplexHeated guy on Youtube when he's sitting on SLI GTX680 4GB.

Addnan

SSAO settings barely changes my benchmark results. What. Extreme preset with SSAO 1080p average 45fps, SSAO off 48fps.

tmespe

Sitting at work on the edge of my chair. I might have to sneak of early and go home to play. I just got a PC and don't have any friends on steam, so if anyone is interested in playing sometime feel free to add me

Whatever AA solution they're using is horrifying.

In the historical battle of the Siege of Carthage I'm getting around 15 FPS at extreme, lol.

Almighty

Well time to give this game a spin. I have been waiting so long for it I am all excited now.

I imagine I will have to play around with the setting though to find something that looks good, but still runs decently on my POS system. I can't wait til I can finally upgrade. I miss the days when I used to just pop in a new game set everything to max and had a blast.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
8 gigs RAM
3750k OC'ed @ 4.6ghz
4GB GTX 680 OC'ed@ I don't remember but it is really high lol

5760x1080, I must leave you for this game.

Looks like we won't be running this game on extreme for a while yet.

Hopefully that's not the case, a lack of difference between settings suggests something might be going on with my game and -tetsuo- is running at an absurd resolution.

Edit: Is anyone actually playing the game as compared to testing benchmarks? It's weird, it looks like complete shit and obviously shouldn't.

demolitio

It wouldn't be a Total War launch if we weren't talking about the laughable performance right away including weird issues where settings don't even seem to matter in what framerate you're getting.

I just hope they can have another big performance patch relatively soon since Shogun 2's patches were amazing.

valouris

Fuck it ordering another 680

"Unlimited Capacity" ?

Haha, if you have the cash go for it, but I'd say wait for patches and drivers.

Or maybe go for a better single GPU, SLI + crossfire is not a reliable way of increasing your performance imo

Addnan

Oh my, the game runs much worse than the benchmark. Prologue area having to put the settings down to highs/vhigh to get 30fps

Dahaka

I get 34,2 but I don't wanna go SLI now and just wait for the high end (non-Titan) 2014 Nividia model.

I couldn't find a descr_campaigns (I skipped all TWs after medieval though so it's new to me) to edit my campaign. :[

Jeez, not going to blame the game because I am overclocking but it's making my CPU run at 80C which is probably the issue as it's trying to prevent that from happening. This is an OC I use with all other games though so I don't know. What's the temp on your CPUs people with performance issues?

Addnan

Jeez, not going to blame the game because I am overclocking but it's making my CPU run at 80C which is probably the issue as it's trying to prevent that from happening. This is an OC I use with all other games though so I don't know. What's the temp on your CPUs people with performance issues?

80 is fine.

Top Bottom