• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trevor Noah interviews scary white blonde woman on The Daily Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was only able to watch an 8 minute excerpt (blocked in the UK) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyv3PUy5xCk , and I'm not digging Noah's condescending tone to be honest. It seems that she's come there looking to debate, and all he's doing is calling her racist, and taking what she's saying out of context (ex: when she says "What did the KKK do?", she's clearly asking the question to compare what BLM and KKK have/are doing, and not "I don't actually know what the KKK did").

Anyone with a elementary level of US history would laugh at the BLM/KKK comparison.

It's the equivalent of comparing someone who broke up with their partner because said partner cheated on them to a mass murdering rapist.

They're not comparable regardless of how often you bring it up.

Gattsu25

Banned
Was only able to watch an 8 minute excerpt (blocked in the UK) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyv3PUy5xCk , and I'm not digging Noah's condescending tone to be honest. It seems that she's come there looking to debate, and all he's doing is calling her racist, and taking what she's saying out of context (ex: when she says "What did the KKK do?", she's clearly asking the question to compare what BLM and KKK have/are doing, and not "I don't actually know what the KKK did").

People are familiar with what the KKK has done and find the comparison silly on its face. Has BLM killed thousands like the KKK did? Burned down families as they sleep in their homes like the KKK did?

No? Get the hell outta here with that bullshit comparison.

I refuse to believe these people actually believe what they are saying, but are just doing it for the money. I don't know which is better.

The Klan would drag Black people out of their homes, beat them, tar & feather them, amputate, castrate, burn people alive, and lynch. They were a powerful presence in the South, in various iterations, from 1865 to the 1970s & 80s. They have thousands upon thousands of acts of racial terror under their belt. No Black organisation or political movement in the history of America has committed even a tenth of the Klan's depraved acts.

Comparing BLM to that Klan is intellectual malfeasance on the level of Holocaust denial. This woman shouldnt be given platforms on public television.

I typically dislike anything that spreads her name around.

Trevor did a great job. He pushed in the right places and left topics alone when it was obvious that she was caught in her own BS.

NimbusD

"Did you just say What did the KKK do?"

Oh my god

Yeah pretty much what i got from this is everything is ill informed anger (or calling out 'bullshit' in her words). But on her own show all of her talking points here are dialed up to 11 with the intention of getting people to froth at the mouth over this stuff.

R0ckman

Yeah it kind of was. She was just going around in circles and aside from a few moments, Trevor never really stopped her momentum. Not as powerful of an interview as it should have been.

You can't do anything but let them go around in circles and pray that smarter people catch on to their stupid circus act.

I typically dislike anything that spreads her name around.

Trevor did a great job. He pushed in the right places and left topics alone when it was obvious that she was caught in her own BS.

To be honest though, that was as good as every topic. It just feels useless to even engage in 'conversation' with these people.

meh.

giving idiots like this the time of day of day in a debate only legitimizes them. nothing good is accomplished other than making a few people feel good about themselves.

Goodstyle

She seems like a really dumb college kid who parrots things from people she admires without the critical thinking skills to defend them.

Camwi

Good lord, just finished watching it. She just WOULD NOT answer that fucking question, how black people should protest.

Like I said before, what an enormous, ignorant asshole.

EDIT - I stopped watching The Daily Show years ago when Jon Stewart just got too bitter and angry on the show (not that I blame him), so this being my first time seeing Trevor Noah, I have to say he did a really good job.

Notice how the new tactic of the Right is to connect every dissenting Black person in America with the BLM movement and, more importantly, blame BLM every time a Black person attacks a police officer. Its a blatant effort to designate BLM as a domestic terror organisation. In that context, any Black person that speaks out against police brutality is a BLM advocate and, by default, a "terrorist sympathiser" and an enemy in the "war on police."
Tomi Lahren is an idiot, but she's an important piece in a more cunning, sinister Right wing agenda.

Aurongel

Notice how the new tactic of the Right is to connect every dissenting Black person in America with the BLM movement and, more importantly, blame BLM every time a Black person attacks a police officer. Its a blatant effort to designate BLM as a domestic terror organisation. In that context, any Black person that speaks out against police brutality is a BLM advocate and, by default, a "terrorist sympathiser" and an enemy in the "war on police."
Tomi Lahren is an idiot, but she's an important piece in a more cunning, sinister Right wing agenda.
My thoughts exactly. Silencing criticism via falsely associating black people protesting with terrorism. It's easy to criticize and shutdown terrorists, but it's much harder to work constructively with a minority group to address real issues of inequality.

Also, people only listen to Tomi Lahren because she's a blonde pretty lady on the Internet who appeals to southern millennials because she tells it "how it is". She's a personality, not a journalist or an activist. She is to informative media what Adam Sandler is to classical theater.

Ashes

Banned
Unless the thread has been edited what's sexist about "scary white blonde woman"?

She was reduced to her sex and her hair colour.

I've seen plenty of interviews with deplorable males. I guess I'll wait to see when that thread title props up.

Arkeband

Banned
Unless the thread has been edited what's sexist about "scary white blonde woman"?

It's pretty apt considering she is clearly a white supremacist who tailors her look to a scientific degree to reach a crowd that she preaches paranoia and fear to.

She's basically Glenn Beck pre-2016 Enlightenment when he was on Fox News, ranting in circles and drawing spurious diagrams on chalkboards.

Shoulda just said to her can you say "Black lives matter" like they did with sam's show and see her response,lol, probably "no,no Trevor, ALL LIVES MATTER!"

She was reduced to her sex and her hair colour.

I've seen plenty of interviews with deplorable males. I guess I'll wait to see when that thread title props up.

Ah so also describing a guy as "Florida Man" is sexist as well since he was reduced to his sex and state of origin?

It's pretty apt considering she is clearly a white supremacist who tailors her look to a scientific degree to reach a crowd that she preaches paranoia and fear to.

She's basically Glenn Beck pre-2016 Enlightenment when he was on Fox News, ranting in circles and drawing spurious diagrams on chalkboards.

Exactly.

R0ckman

People are getting on Trevor but I want to speak from experience. Sometimes it is very difficult to converse with someone who is not on the same level as you. I several times have had dialogues with your stereotypical racist. Because I don't fit their view of a black, they will not know how to deal with me. If my knowledge on a subject goes to qouting of various sources by even page number doesn't make them flee, they seem to not be able to do anything but say the same thing over and over. If I'm citing too many sources at once they sometimes can't make it through a point from the use of critical thinking skills and reading comprehension.

Even if they are proven wrong, its like they were built like a robot, no critical thinking skills, just revert back to a starting point they are familiar with and try again. The more clever ones will use deflection tactics, but will completely ignore something they are asked or that shines a lot of light on their BS. All of a sudden they either can't hear that one sentence repeated multiple times or read that sentence posted in bold, underlined or even posted multiple times.

Sometimes in the rare case that you hit a meeting point or calm in your dailogue where you can possibly get some understanding, they say something to you that they believe is fact that is so insanely stupid that you just can't do anything with it, you don't know what to do with it. I mean in a "debate" its in bad form to resort to ad hominem, but sometimes the people really are the very definition of stupid and there is no other conclusion you can make beyond determining that its not worth your time. Its not your job to teach them the value of an education, its their job, it was their families' job to enforce that, and it was the government's job to easily provide that.

Kreed

Apparently Tomi Lahren was supposed to be on the Breakfast Club on New York's Power 105.1 radio station this morning for an interview but the Blaze pulled her after her performance in this interview.

hwalker84

People are getting on Trevor but I want to speak from experience. Sometimes it is very difficult to converse with someone who is not on the same level as you. I several times have had dialogues with your stereotypical racist. Because I don't fit their view of a black, they will not know how to deal with me. If my knowledge on a subject goes to qouting of various sources by even page number doesn't make them flee, they seem to not be able to do anything but say the same thing over and over. If I'm citing too many sources at once they sometimes can't make it through a point from the use of critical thinking skills and reading comprehension.

Even if they are proven wrong, its like they were built like a robot, no critical thinking skills, just revert back to a starting point they are familiar with and try again. The more clever ones will use deflection tactics, but will completely ignore something they are asked or that shines a lot of light on their BS. All of a sudden they either can't hear that once sentance repeated multiple times or read that sentance posted in bold, underlined or even posted multiple times.

Sometimes in the rare case that you hit a meeting point or calm in your dailogue where you can possibly get some understanding, they say something to you that they believe is fact that is so insanely stupid that you just can't do anything with it, you don't know what to do with it. I mean in a "debate" its in bad form to resort to ad hominem, but sometimes the people really are the very definition of stupid and there is no other conclusion you can make beyond determining that its not worth your time. Its not your job to teach them the value of an education, its their job, it was their families' job to enforce that, and it was the government's job to easily provide that.

Well said. These have been my dealing for so many years I have completely stopped engaging in any of these types of debates. Generally I get put in this situations because I'm a staunch believer in the 2nd amendment and a certified NRA Pistol Instructor. It generally goes "Blah Blah Blah Some crap that makes you cringe beyond belief. Blah blah blah some stat from a fake website. Blah blah blah hwalker84 could you chime in since you're black???" nope.gif

Apparently Tomi Lahren was supposed to be on the Breakfast Club on New York's Power 105.1 radio station this morning for an interview but the Blaze pulled her after her performance in this interview.

She can only get the Donkey of the Day so many times.
What the fuck was she trying to say at the end? Was she joking that Hillary should be sexually assaulted because "bill is busy?"

Her joke was that Trump should grab Clinton's pussy because Bill doesn't do it anymore.

She joked about sexual assault.

So,

Tomi thinks everyone has the right to free speech.

Tomi thinks Kaepernick protested in the wrong way.

Tomi is asked if she doesn't agree with marching, organising, kneeling etc, what is the right way to protest.

Tomi doesn't even understand why people would even want to protest.

So, you should be allowed to protest, but only in ways that Tomi will accept, even if she doesn't even know why youre protesting, and why are you even protesting anyway, this is Murica, you little crybaby.

Pretty par for the course 2016 logic there.

“Black men 18.5 times more likely to shoot a police officer than a police officer is to shoot a black man?”

What in the actual fuck? I wished Trevor had called her out on that bullshit (racist) stat, that is a very dangerous statement to just gloss over.

Although, I'm glad to see some people are starting to change their views on Noah, he been on his game the past couple of months.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
So,

Tomi thinks everyone has the right to free speech.

Tomi thinks Kaepernick protested in the wrong way.

Tomi is asked if she doesn't agree with marching, organising, kneeling etc, what is the right way to protest.

Tomi doesn't even understand why people would even want to protest.

So, you should be allowed to protest, but only in ways that Tomi will accept, even if she doesn't even know why youre protesting, and why are you even protesting anyway, this is Murica, you little crybaby.

Pretty par for the course 2016 logic there.

You forgot the part where Tomi doesn't know any acceptable ways to protest. Just that the ways protesters have gone about so far are wrong.

Arkeband

Banned
What the fuck was she trying to say at the end? Was she joking that Hillary should be sexually assaulted because "bill is busy?"

Trump supporters have no defense for Trump's rapey comments, so their only response is to bring up Bill Clinton's rapeyness. I think that was a super failed attempt at making a low-effort joke in rebuttal to Trevor's perfectly timed jab, and it came off as creepy as humanly possible.

Trevor probably should have called her out on it but he was in the process of ending the interview so he let it slide.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

She started fucking singing about Bill's infidelity and how maybe Hillary needs someone grabbing her. What the flying fuck. Basket of deplorables never fails.

One more LOL

tumblr_ogcjirE2Kd1rc4748o2_1280.png

The Dink

"I don't see color."
"Black men are 18.5 times more likely to shoot a police officer."

Oh I see, she doesn't see color she just reads about it in bullshit statistics.

Even if they are proven wrong, its like they were built like a robot, no critical thinking skills, just revert back to a starting point they are familiar with and try again. The more clever ones will use deflection tactics, but will completely ignore something they are asked or that shines a lot of light on their BS. All of a sudden they either can't hear that one sentence repeated multiple times or read that sentence posted in bold, underlined or even posted multiple times.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom