• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trinity Trigger |OT| The Secret of Chrono

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
73AmL1D.png

Step into the world of Trinity Trigger, an all-new action role-playing game combining the look and feel of iconic RPGs of the ‘90s with a modern emphasis on fast-paced, customizable combat. As Cyan, a young man burdened by the gods with the mantle of Warrior of Chaos and an inevitable clash against the Warrior of Order, players will set out on a grand adventure to defy fate and save Trinitia. Cyan and his companions Elise and Zantis are accompanied by strange creatures known as Triggers that can transform into eight types of weapons, and players can switch freely between the three characters to implement a solo combat strategy, or team up with up to two friends for local co-op.

Release Date
April 25th, 2023

Platforms
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5

Nintendo Switch

PC - Steam

PC - GOG

Trailer

Screenshots
tt-trinity-trigger-ss-animated-scene.png

tt-trinity-trigger-ss-cutscene-02.png

tt-trinity-trigger-ss-town-03.png

Reviews

TSPyrZB.png

nikos

Really excited to play it but can't decide on a platform. Waiting for the Steam release to see how it fares.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
ah, it reminds me of secret of mana. I like top down action RPGs like this. I'm up!!!

You have to specify that the Japanese release came out in 2022 though. For a moment i was questioning why Japan got it later than the rest of the world

_Ex_

I bought the PS4 physical version for the local co-op. This is basically Seiken Densetsu in all but name.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Total Length? Amount of side content? Post game content?
The game's been out in Japan since last year, so I'm assuming they didn't alter the story or side content much... but, the game takes about 20 hours to finish, including most of the side content. Probably about 14-15 hours for the main story only, since there isn't a lot of side content here. The crafting system is the biggest piece of "side content", and even that's somewhat basic (if you want to "100%" the crafting system, you're going to be grinding for a lot of materials).

Post game content, I believe, is totally nonexistent. Again, unless they've added something to the US release.

nikos

Glad to see this turned into an OT.

Anyone know how it performs on Switch? I'm not sure a loss in performance is worth having it in handheld mode.

The game's been out in Japan since last year, so I'm assuming they didn't alter the story or side content much... but, the game takes about 20 hours to finish, including most of the side content. Probably about 14-15 hours for the main story only, since there isn't a lot of side content here. The crafting system is the biggest piece of "side content", and even that's somewhat basic (if you want to "100%" the crafting system, you're going to be grinding for a lot of materials).

Post game content, I believe, is totally nonexistent. Again, unless they've added something to the US release.
Yeah been checking out reviews. I'd like to buy it, but 20 hours total? I just can't justify spending $60 on this. I'll wait for a sale.

jshackles

Yeah been checking out reviews. I'd like to buy it, but 20 hours total? I just can't justify spending $60 on this. I'll wait for a sale.
Game is $50, but I feel ya. I picked up the Switch version, pre-ordered a couple of months ago with Target's B2G1 deal around Black Friday. Otherwise, yeah the asking price is a bit steep for what's on offer here.

It was kind of the same issue with games like Oninaki. The game itself was pretty mid and not very long, and they also want $50 for it. Personally, I really enjoyed the game and thought it was worth the asking price (though I also got it on sale). But, I fully recognize that the value proposition just isn't there for most people.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The character art is lovely. The game’s art… ehhh.
I hear there’s crafting too, which is totally not the easiest way to inflate a game’s total playtime these days.

Sounds interesting… when it’s at 70% discount or more.

Merkades

This is one of those Gaf screenshot comparison things with the poster above me, but I don't like the character art. Not the design, but the way it is executed. And yeah, this game does feature low res textures and polys plus time to complete makes me think I will wait for a sale. This coming from someone who just paid 40bucks for an RPGMaker game (Laxius Soul).

edit - misspelled "low"... somehow.

Last edited:

nikos

For anybody wondering, PC version doesn't support ultrawide. Not surprising.

Have the Switch version ready for pickup. Can't remember the last time I bought a physical game but this is a nice release.

Still not sure if I should go PS5 instead. Looks like the Switch version runs at 60 FPS, unless my eyes are tricking me, but lacks anti-aliasing and will run at a lower resolution. It'll be a nice game to have in handheld though.

jshackles

Just received my physical version from Target. Damn, this is an impressive package. Super heavy. Includes an art book and 2-CD soundtrack.

Dope.

3eITcKP.png

2pXcV8t.png

UVg3kPY.png

RWSuLQU.png

QQzlXJb.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom