• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: America Needs to Racially Profile Muslims Like They Do in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

I agree that Trump is wrong about wanting to racially profile a group of people. This doesn't change the reality that Israel, according to the USA article, has decreased terrorism in Israel due to their strategies.
Israel is an apartheid state. I don't know how anyone can seriously use them as example of anything.

Honestly Trump and his supporters are a far greater threat to our way of life than any terrorist group.

I don't want it as well. However, evidence does not point to terrorism decreasing in our nation. The USA article I posted shows that terrorism has decreased in Israel because of their anti-terror strategies. Nations will eventually have to adopt some type of anti-terror strategies if deaths continue to pile up.

America only wants to deal with terrorism involving brown people, but let someone suggest even half this shit to curb white terrorism and Americans would spazz the fuck out

Really? He's been doing this since day one and as far as I see he is the nominee for the republican party...

I don't want Trump to be elected by any means but I do wonder what the good americans will do if that happens.

His response to the Orlando shooting was similar to this and his polls dropped considerably.

It's interesting to note how one of the aims of Islamic Extremist terrorism is the downfall of Western Liberal ideology and culture. And boy, with people like Trump they're getting it handed on a silver platter!
In fact all over the Western world that is exactly what we are seeing. Not long before progressive, liberal western culture is finished to be replaced with a more authoritarian, reactionary and regressive culture if things continue the way they are. And that's exactly what the terrorists want.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Jesus Christ this man, this country, and this world.

It's all so terrifying.

It's crazy to think of that period in the early-to-mid 80s where the american people thought the future would be a grand and wondrous place.

Instead we're headed for a dystopian future.

DedValve

Banned
And people will still vote for him. Even worse people will think he's right.

Disgusting. Revolting. Sickening. I'm running out of -ings.

Ironic considering that one of the motivations for this attack may have been that their family was discriminated against by their town.

bionic77

It's interesting to note how one of the aims of Islamic Extremist terrorism is the downfall of Western Liberal ideology and culture. And boy, with people like Trump they're getting it handed on a silver platter!
In fact all over the Western world that is exactly what we are seeing. Not long before progressive, liberal western culture is finished to be replaced with a more authoritarian, reactionary and regressive culture if things continue the way they are. And that's exactly what the terrorists want.
I agree 100%.

It is crazy how more people don't see it.

Osama is smiling in whatever hell he is burning in.

.JayZii

Banned
9bCUvUE.jpg
What's that flowery slop? Looks like something a democrat would write, to me.

The numerically illiterate monster's first instinct is to drop the hammer on an entire category of people. He's hideous. He knows nothing at all. He's very bad at this -- actual thinking. He's very good at spewing nonsense.

But that's the appeal, right? That's the anti-American, neo-nazi, buffoon that some people want to push into the most powerful position on the planet.

Truly, a vote for HIllary Clinton is a vote to defend our country and a vote for Donald Trump is a vote to hurt it, to weaken it, and to harm the lives of so many more people.

He's the "easy answers to tough questions" guy. People support him because they want to believe that you can, indeed, solve every problem ever, even the ones that are complex, have plenty of gray areas, and have no solution. I think they're not voting for Trump so much as they're voting for their belief in a reality where uneducated brashness can win the day and everything has an easy answer.

His response to the Orlando shooting was similar to this and his polls dropped considerably.

Agreed, and to further put this into perspective:

Trump has been losing in the general election almost literally every single day. He's been polling (in the aggregate) below Hillary pretty much ever since the Democratic National Convention. His absolute worst blunders have involved saying ridiculous shit like this (aka the spat with the Khan family, his "response" to the Orlando shooting). He's losing the general election. Even last week in the middle of the whole "omg Hillary is sick" scandal, he still hasn't managed to beat Clinton in aggregate polling. That he became the GOP presidential nominee doesn't really matter when he's losing the general this badly.

I mean, it makes sense. Terrorists are ultra conservatives. Ultra conservatives in other countries are gaining power right alongside terrorists. Neither of them like foreigners or anyone being different. Trump is part of ISIS propaganda. It's a match made in hell.

platocplx

I will agree with profiling of minorities when we start seriously profiling white males and white nationalist/right-wing groups. If we want an honest War Against Terror, we should start with the biggest perpetrators of it on our soil, should we not?
Lmao they wont stand for it if that was the case. Imagine if they started with a ban and monitoring of all alt-qaeda accounts And stormfront message boards and restricted gun access because of terrorists. They would lose their minds.
And yet he will get at least 40% of the popular vote
Sadly you could put a dead corpse in front of some voters and they will vote along party lines.

Guevara

FWIW, this is what I was looking for earlier:

FACTSHEET: THE NYPD MUSLIM SURVEILLANCE PROGRAM

WHO is spying on whom?

Since at least 2002, the New York City Police Department’s Intelligence Division has engaged in the religious profiling and suspicionless surveillance of Muslims in New York City and beyond.​

https://www.aclu.org/other/factsheet-nypd-muslim-surveillance-program

EDIT: my point was, NYC already sort of is profiling and they have been for many years. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

America only wants to deal with terrorism involving brown people, but let someone suggest even half this shit to curb white terrorism and Americans would spazz the fuck out

How long have we been waiting for the Bundy's to be broadly demonized?

Oh that's right, we still are. Wonder what the reason is for that. Hmmm.....

Simmins

How is calling an entire group of people a cancer any different than referring to Jews as Rats or Tutsi' as Cockroaches. It is no different and it does nothing but prime a segment of the population into a mode where they view these out-groups as being subhuman and not worthy of life. This is seriously the kind of talk that can lead ordinary people into doing unimaginable things. I can't fathom how frightening this kind of rhetoric is, and mostly the dismissive attitude of everyone pretending he doesn't mean it or he just says whatever. It seems to be the case that if something horrible were to happen history books would be retelling all the tell tale signs, and the population unwilling to believe such a thing was possible.

Really? He's been doing this since day one and as far as I see he is the nominee for the republican party...

I don't want Trump to be elected by any means but I do wonder what the good americans will do if that happens.
GE and Primaries have different dynamics. It's not like there's this great, untapped pool of racist undecided who think he hasn't been hardcore enough to warrant their vote.
When he goes on this kind of tirades, he reenergizes that particular part of his base, but at the same time pushes away people who try to talk themselves into voting for him because he's their party's candidate, or because they dislike Clinton. My intuition is that every time he does this, some people can't stomach him anymore, and that this group is larger than the racists who had somehow lost faith in his ability to be a pig.

I'm not sure if a literal fascist being close to voted into power is a failure of democracy or its natural conclusion.

I used to disagree with "history repeats itself" but nah this is as blatant as it gets

Ever notice how when some dumb white guy shoots up a theater or church everybody is like NOBODY PUBLISH THIS GUYS NAME DON'T GIVE THEM THE ATTENTION.

I'm not hearing that today about NY/NJ.

CHC

I agree that Trump is wrong about wanting to racially profile a group of people. This doesn't change the reality that Israel, according to the USA article, has decreased terrorism in Israel due to their strategies.

I mean there are any number of strategies that could easily lower crime or the threat of terrorism, but this is America, not Israel. The goal is not "increase security at all costs," after all.

Kill3r7

I'm not sure if a literal fascist being close to voted into power is a failure of democracy or its natural conclusion.

I used to disagree with "history repeats itself" but nah this is as blatant as it gets

Probably a bit of both. Based on the media coverage it is easy to conclude that there has been a shift/rise in nationalism across the globe.

Partly because it looked disrespectful to the victims, which isn't at play here

The first thing he did when he heard about the explosions was to yell "BOMB IN NEW YORK" at a rally in Colorado. He didn't know it was a bomb. He didn't know if there were any deaths. But he still felt the need to cause panic and spread unconfirmed information

And now he's going down some seriously dark paths that have no place in a presidential election.

DpadD

Banned
It's crazy to think of that period in the early-to-mid 80s where the american people thought the future would be a grand and wondrous place.

Instead we're headed for a dystopian future.

I've been saying it for years, dystopia is completely inevitable at this point. There is literally nothing we can do or hope for to stop it, outside of some miraculous series of events.

Just these three alone guarantee it, in my opinion:

- The growing disparity between the rich and the poor

- Corrupt political and banking systems influenced solely by money and the people that have it.

- Unregulated mass surveillance and data collection from the government and its agencies

But then to add on to that we have:

-The inevitable development of AI, machine laborers, and all the shit that comes with that, armed drones.

-An apathetic and uneducated citizenship

-Unchallenged, unpunished instances of police brutality, cold-blooded murders, etc.

People need to understand, that with the technology possible today, it's truly unlike any other time in fucking history, and nobody can at all predict where this shit is heading.. but the worse case scenarios are all likely to be irreversible, so... Idk, were just fucked in my honest opinion.

*sigh*

Protein

Banned
Next up, internment camps.

How can Trump supporters be so fucking stupid? Haven't we learned anything from history?

Gattsu25

Banned
“This is cancer from within. This is something that’s going to be so tough. They stay together. They’re plotting.”
This is a terrifying quote.

It's something that I would expect to hear from a murderous dictator.

RPGCrazied

I'll just profile your supporters Trump. You know the ones. No education, gun hoarder, 0 respect to women. I'm more scared of these people than I am of ISIS.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I am taking in one american refugee.
Who here wants to be the lucky one.

I am also willing to do marital arrangements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom