• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Coop only came back in last night's episode? I haven't watched since the premiere but this sounds like a sick joke on Lynch's part. The new series is by far the biggest disappointment of the year.

giphy.webp

So Coop only came back in last night's episode? I haven't watched since the premiere but this sounds like a sick joke on Lynch's part. The new series is by far the biggest disappointment of the year.

You literally haven't watched 15/16 episodes. You're in no position to make that statement.

Airola

Albert and Gordon both comment on how Diane has changed. So, obviously, they knew the real her.

Funny idea, though.

Sure, she has changed as he looks like a human instead of a tape recorder :D

Albert's and Gordon's minds are messed up.
The tape recorder is found in the next episode and they will spend the rest of the episode wondering how this can be as they clearly remember her being human. They will jump between "or could it be like this...." and "no, it can't be like this" over and over again.

"I'm sure I remember her" to "am I sure I remember her?"
"Changing the place of two words can completely change the meaning of a sentence"
"I am sure"
"Am I sure"

I'd love that :)

kris.

Banned
Rewatching the series before the finale and I'm on episode 2 and gotdamn Sheryl Lee can still unnerve the shit out of me when she screams.

BTA

Sure, she has changed as he looks like a human instead of a tape recorder :D

Albert's and Gordon's minds are messed up.
The tape recorder is found in the next episode and they will spend the rest of the episode wondering how this can be as they clearly remember her being human. They will jump between "or could it be like this...." and "no, it can't be like this" over and over again.

"I'm sure I remember her" to "am I sure I remember her?"

I'd love that :)

To be clear, your theory depends on the fact that a tape recorder once sent Cooper earplugs.

So Coop only came back in last night's episode? I haven't watched since the premiere but this sounds like a sick joke on Lynch's part.

So Coop only came back in last night's episode? I haven't watched since the premiere

I haven't watched since the premiere

aOOYmi3.gif

nachum00

Rewatching the series before the finale and I'm on episode 2 and gotdamn Sheryl Lee can still unnerve the shit out of me when she screams.
Best screamer. And man can she act. A shame people didn't realize the brilliance of FWWM when it originally came out. They might of noticed how amazing Sheryl Lee was.

WriterGK

Well, you probably should because you're on my ignore list now.
While you're learning to not bother me anymore (seriously, it's unhealthy), you might want to try learning how to read because I never said that I hated it. I simply chose to post about things I thought would be more interesting to talk about than repeating the same things that have already been said many times. I don't even know why you're monitoring what I post about, but hey, it's your weird obsession.

Really? Following a brain-fried Cooper who doesn't even understand how peeing works isn't a substitute for getting to see how a fully cognizant Cooper would experience such loss. Dougie hasn't experienced any of that, he was essentially a brand new person.

I am not monitoring anything. Just notice that what 99% of people here and anywhere else consider a true master piece you didn't say a single positive thing about. Only what you disliked. You don't think that's weird that you didn't talked about anything you liked in a really awesome episode?

SArcher

Banned
You literally haven't watched 15/16 episodes. You're in no position to make that statement.

I watched the first four episodes and the show felt nothing like Twin Peaks. It has the name, it has some of the same characters and actors but it's a completely different series. If you are a super hardcore Lynch fan then this is perhaps enjoyable. But it definitely ain't for the more casual Twin Peaks fans who expect at least a smidgen of coherent storytelling and enjoyable characters.

Airola

To be clear, your theory depends on the fact that a tape recorder once sent Cooper earplugs.

Which was an impossible thing in the first place to happen.
He said this to his tape recorder and he suddenly had the earplugs the next day.
He should've had to send the tape to Diane, Diane should've listened the tape and she should've sent get the earplugs and send the earplugs and Cooper should've got the earplugs and possible the tape before the next night.

Cooper got the earplugs by himself.

This is why my original theory about Diane ages ago was that Cooper has always been crazy and has probably murdered Diane :D

Also that final Audrey scene reminded me of this:

old+amy.gif

Funny you say that, it reminded me of the cliffhanger of The Almost People from that same season, where Amy wakes up in a white room in extreme close-up just after we learn she was a doppelgänger half the season.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Yeah, I mean I was perfectly OK about the first few lines, but then......Ugh

Lets just go into cryosleep as wake up in a week, please.

BTA

If you're going to spoil yourselves, could you at least please put your reactions in clearly labeled spoiler tags?

So based on the first scene in the first episode, we know Cooper will be taken up to the fireman at some point, right? Or is that where the missing part of Coop resided until he woke up (you are far away)?

Jb

What a great, satisfying episode. Had me grinning the whole way through, and that Vedder song was great too.

Blader

Well you got everyone to pay attention to you, so good for you.

So based on the first scene in the first episode, we know Cooper will be taken up to the fireman at some point, right? Or is that where the missing part of Coop resided until he woke up (you are far away)?

Why do so many people think this scene had to happen out of order from the rest of the episode/show? I just assumed this was happening during Coop's trapped-in-the-lodge period.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Why would you do this to yourself?

Couldn't resist, and I normally NEVER do this. But I just wanted to see what was written after watching 16. No big-ass spoilers or anything. It wasn't like there was a script there. Just 2-3 short lines. But still a mindfuck.

WriterGK

I think if Cooper sat in the black lodge for 25 years then walked out as if nothing had happened it'd be jarring. But he's clearly very aware of what has happened and what needs to be done. He's immediately on the ball with dealing with Mr C and Mike/NuDougie Seed, he's experienced the love of Dougies family and his dealing with the Mitchums. This isn't a man who has just woke up from a 25 year coma, this is a man who, mentally, has already had the time he needs to take in whats going on and plan his actions, he was just waiting to be physically capable again.

EXACTLY this. Cheers.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It'll be revealed to have been James all along. He's a James Hurley by day and an owlman by night
I will burn this mother to the ground. Cool guy James can't keep getting away with it. :mad:

I was #TeamOWLMAN but as Owls have been reduced to easter egg status this season I've given up hope.
Yea, I do miss the owl presence honestly. Had that mystique around it.

I watched the first four episodes and the show felt nothing like Twin Peaks. It has the name, it has some of the same characters and actors but it's a completely different series. If you are a super hardcore Lynch fan then this is perhaps enjoyable. But it definitely ain't for the more casual Twin Peaks fans who expect at least a smidgen of coherent storytelling and enjoyable characters.

I think you're totally right that a bunch of casual Twink Peaks fans were really turned off when they started watching season 3. One fun exception to that for me, however, is that my sixty year old parents fit that definition to a T (I'm not even sure if they know who David Lynch is) and they have been loving the new season. They've admitted that there's plenty of stuff going over their heads but they're always looking forward to the next episode and I've loved hearing their speculation about when Coop is going to snap out of Dougie-mode, what Diane's deal is, who Richard's parents are, etc.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
man there's no way i'd want to look up episode descriptions this late in the game; i even try to cover my eyes when picking the new episodes on Amazon lmao

I read a brief description of 17 and 18.

I wouldn't say I was spoiled by anything. They were both very vague minus one...unusual thing that I'm not sure of.

I did the same, and while they're accurate (yet vague) the synopsis for this episode didn't mention Audrey at all, or Richard's 'shocking moment' or Eddie Vedder. So there's plenty missing from them.

Don't take this as a recommendation to read them though.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
pretty good episode, but it's not a very good thing that the best parts of it were music and visuals that made you think of the show when it was actually great. the audrey dance was rather bittersweet as well, since it had none of the mystery or atmosphere of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom