• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokémon Anniversary: Back to Pokémon Red!

Pokemon tower should be fun. Cut and slash won't work on ghosts.
Marowak has been turning out to be reliable (though a few levels lower than the Rocket Grunts we just faced) with Bone Club. We just need to find out the levels of the wild Pokemon in there and see if Marowak can handle them. But yeah, Leech King will be useless against the Ghost Pokemon if we never use Leech Life.

The Pokefulte was obtained and the walk down route 12 is going on. Reached Snorlax, now how to menu Pokeflute. I wonder if we will be backtracking after Snorlax because Parasect is the only thing standing.

Also wild Alakazam and Kingler (which got stat buff) are in the future sometime.

Edit: I can't bear to watch the inventory menu. Rhyhorn was taught double team and 24 great balls were almost tossed. Edit: Also a rare candy was used on Meowth, reviving it and we ran from Snorlax after the now 2HP Meowth fainted from a headbutt.

Andrefpvs

The Pokefulte was obtained and the walk down route 12 is going on. Reached Snorlax, now how to menu Pokeflute. I wonder if we will be backtracking after Snorlax because Parasect is the only thing standing.

Also wild Alakazam and Kingler (which got stat buff) are in the future sometime.

Edit: I can't bear to watch the inventory menu. Rhyhorn was taught double team and 24 great balls were almost tossed. Edit: Also a rare candy was used on Meowth, reviving it and we ran from Snorlax after the now 2HP Meowth fainted from a headbutt.

As someone who's working all day, I really appreciate this kind of summary

Ithil

PersianEmpireMap.jpg

Evolution achieved.

Bumhat

Bloody hell, Parasect just wrecked Alakazam. What a beast!

EDIT: Just to note it was a trainer's Alakazam, not the crazy one in the wild people keep talking about.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Bloody hell, Parasect just wrecked Alakazam. What a beast!

EDIT: Just to note it was a trainer's Alakazam, not the crazy one in the wild people keep talking about.

In this hack parasect and kingler have the best base stats in the game excluding mewtwo.

Parasect is like 100/115/100/115/100 Or something like that

We're just grinding out on route 7 now mostly Persian. I suppose whenever anyone feels like doing anything else it will be cycling road (commands are fairly slow).

Caught an Electabuzz. Pretty chill overall really. Pay day has netted us a couple of grand on top of the haul from route 12 (things to watch out for with persian are fury swipes at level 37 and slash at level 51).

GaimeGuy

We're just grinding out on route 7 now mostly Persian. I suppose whenever anyone feels like doing anything else it will be cycling road (commands are fairly slow).

Caught an Electabuzz. Pretty chill overall really. Pay day has netted us a couple of grand on top of the haul from route 12 (things to watch out for with persian are fury swipes at level 37 and slash at level 51).

slash is a must-have

How long has the player been stuck at snorlax? lol
About half an hour. It took a similar amount time where doing the other one. It is a mess, if too many people hit start, you leave the menu, if not enough people press B you risk tossing items etc...

Edit: vs. Snorlax now...Snorlax caught JJKKK and I missed what the rest of the nickname was.

So I've come up with a seven deadly sins theme for all of our current team out of boredom

Leech King is gluttony, because of leech life
Persian is greed because of payday
Marowak is wrath because of thrash (Was considering Onyx, but he no longer knows rage)
Onyx is lust because lol phallic symbol
Rhyhorn is envy because he's just underleveled enough with a bad enough movepool to be useless
Flareon is sloth, because it's seriously dragging behind level wise
And Abe is (Or rather we are) pride for thinking we can actually get this done

Azure J

Can someone PLEASE gif the chat reactions when they ran into the wild Arcanine just now? No one expected it (or knew) and chat just went completely critical mass. It even tanked a Leech King attack!

To bad they fucking killed it. Arcanine is still best gen 1 fire type.

Does the level curve ever get less ridiculous? Game still seems super grind-heavy. It's good that we don't need to use the Safari Zone much to clear the pokedex though, that would've definitely been one of the hardest things for us to do.

I'm struggling managing to have a team in the low 70s before Pokemon Mansion/Blaine and there are trainers out here that make Gen 2 Red look like an incompetent. Seriously, on the sea route between Pallet Town and Cinnabar, I've run into level 60+ Pokemon and trainers with level 72-76 Pokemon (LMAO @ a full 6 Pokemon team starting with a Lv. 74 Gyarados on the way). You get more wild Pokemon and trainers to grind with but...

TL;DR not really.

Azure J

UGGH, chat is on a crusade to get persian from the pc. Because this ended so well with kakuna

I want them to catch an Arcanine, Krabby and Alakazam so badly, but the kind of luck necessary to get all three is just prohibitively bad. At the very least, Arcanine are plentiful in the Pokemon Mansion (and at MUCH higher levels) and can be taught Fire Blast once we defeat Blaine.

Then again, [decent spoiler]
they could just catch a better Flareon that actually has great offensive fire moves.

GaimeGuy

So I've come up with a seven deadly sins theme for all of our current team out of boredom

Leech King is gluttony, because of leech life
Persian is greed because of payday
Marowak is wrath because of thrash (Was considering Onyx, but he no longer knows rage)
Onyx is lust because lol phallic symbol
Rhyhorn is envy because he's just underleveled enough with a bad enough movepool to be useless
Flareon is sloth, because it's seriously dragging behind level wise
And Abe is (Or rather we are) pride for thinking we can actually get this done

Your rhyhorn and flareon make no sense.

So Koga down, huh. Also a sort of new party. But Mr.Mime? Wasn't it supposed to be Alakazam?

Also Safari Zone done and HMs got? I don't believe it. Of course teaching the HM is another matter.

Also why aren't we spending the money we have (or is the bag full again), we're just going to lose it. Especially as payday is in the PC.

So many pokemon are getting released right now.
The live updater says only the Gyrados got released.

Bumhat

Ok, wow, I stop watching the stream for one evening and our entire party has changed! Granted we still have the Leech Maestro himself, but where did all these other Pokemon come from? Why do we have a Mr Mime?

Please update me!

The streamer is in Australia and it is about 4am over there so it will be a few hours yet before anything is done.

Wonder how this affects the democracy timer (I think it did trigger when they got into Seafoam Islands, they caught a slowpoke and Parasect struggled to death resulting in blackout and all that lovely potential ultra ball money thrown away).

The stream is back online but the save file loaded is one from 3 days ago with only 4 badges. Hopefully it's a mistake but it's quite possible that we have lost a lot of progress.

Edit: Thankfully, it seems a much more recent save file was retrieved and so our team and progress are restored.

Top Bottom