• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

woen

I missed the start.

Annoying Stadium still here
Annoying touchscreen, trapped in the menus

I don't know if I'll follow TPP this time!

I missed the start.

Annoying Stadium still here
Annoying touchscreen, trapped in the menus

I don't know if I'll follow TPP this time!

Nooo please, stay
Just leave in the background for the beginning until it gets good, this is what every TPP is like at first

People should just do what I do, follow the reddit updater and if anything happens check the stream. If nothing happens much, just check the stream in case there's no streamer. Or you can just let it run in the background once in awhile.

I just want to keep track of the lore that develops.

People should just do what I do, follow the reddit updater and if anything happens check the stream. If nothing happens much, just check the stream in case there's no streamer. Or you can just let it run in the background once in awhile.

I just want to keep track of the lore that develops.

That's what I do
We might complete the Kabuto puzzle!!

tumblr_n627oxRp4z1qdo27co1_500.png

tumblr_n627oxRp4z1qdo27co3_500.png

tumblr_n627oxRp4z1qdo27co2_500.png

tumblr_n627oxRp4z1qdo27co4_500.png

tumblr_n627oxRp4z1qdo27co5_500.png

tumblr_n627oxRp4z1qdo27co6_500.png

tumblr_n627oxRp4z1qdo27co7_500.png
by Kirbynite

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans- Aoooo: By ZetsuTheFirst

According to Zetsu, he's not sure whether he'll make Trapinch the actual agent of Bill or a troll pretending to be to screw with chat
He was caught off-guard by Trapinch

Platinum Epilouge: by TheObviousCaptain

So TPP has now made Sinnoh a monarchy/empire with the Court of Sun at its head, made Kanto the Helix-Belt, Johto the complete opposite, and has gone nuts in Hoenn

Wonder what's next

Crayolan

So we just fought Falkner, and it's confirmed there are no type themed gyms. He does have 2 pokemon that know aqua jet though, so that sucks for our 2/3 ground type team.

PBalfredo

That's very disappointing. The alternate themed gyms were my favorite part of FireRed, and we would of had both the Johto and Kanto gyms to play around with in this run.

Crayolan

Beat Falkner and got Wring Out. Whatever that does.

Trapinch?

This run is already 3x better than Twitch Plays Firered.

It also seems to have 3x the art. I'm collecting a ton of HG art in a folder and I'm already at around 30 things, which is impressive for TPP in less than 1 day post-emerald.

PBalfredo

Beat Falkner and got Wring Out. Whatever that does.

bulbapedia said:
The power of Wring Out varies between 1 and 120 depending on how much HP the opponent has. The more HP the opponent has, the more damage this move will do.
Its damage is calculated by the following formula: Base Power = 120 × (Opponent's Current HP/Opponent's Maximum HP)

Not bad. If we can use it to overwrite Natural Gift, that would be great. Only 5 PP though.

edit: Time to go get the mystery egg!

Temathael

Smoochum comeback.

edit: or it is just showing as Smoochum until it actually hatches.

edittt: Nevermind, just jumped into the stream and was confused.

Heh, I think TPP was part of the reason I finally caved and bought a 2DS + Pokémon X today. Haven't followed since they beat FireRed, though, the whole gambling system in Platinum was a bit too much for me.

Best gen will forever be 2, dat lazorgator.

Toxi

Banned
Heh, I think TPP was part of the reason I finally caved and bought a 2DS + Pokémon X today. Haven't followed since they beat FireRed, though, the whole gambling system in Platinum was a bit too much for me.

Best gen will forever be 2, dat lazorgator.
How's X feeling for you so far?

Linkark07

Banned
Anyone knows if there is a site where I can see the fan art of all TPP? One of the things I liked of Twitch Plays Pokemon was reading those comics or seeing what people draw.

Crayolan

Meow_Zedong.exe has been downloaded back onto our team.

Anyone knows if there is a site where I can see the fan art of all TPP? One of the things I liked of Twitch Plays Pokemon was reading those comics or seeing what people draw.

/r/twitchplayspokemon is where pretty much all of it gets posted.

I mean consistently, even Platinum was around ~1200 for a lot of it

Well if we're gonna follow the trend of averages:
Red: ~50k
Crystal: ~15k
Emerald:~7k
Fire Red: ~3k
Platinum:~1500
Heart Gold: 700~800?

If the trend continues rather than just evening out, then yes we should drop below 1000 on average.

We'll have to wait to see what Smoochum's ability is. Since it's a randomized run garbage pokemon can suddenly become godly.

If it somehow ends up with wonderguard we pretty much have this run destroyed.

Cool we have octazooka as a TM. Not sure any of our members can use it, though. Also, we really need to put mail on trapinch. It's a powerhouse with lots of potential.

PBalfredo

Quilava is one of the few second stage evolutions that actually looks cute, rather than going through the awkward teenager stage.

what happens if you face a Wonder Guard Spiritomb

:p

Real answer is that the randomizer has a specific option to prevent broken combinations like that.

PBalfredo

aawwww MAN! We got Quilava's HP down to yellow and paralyzed it with Dragon's Breath, and it still escaped from our last ball.

Regret, didn't catch.

backlot

Cool we have octazooka as a TM. Not sure any of our members can use it, though. Also, we really need to put mail on trapinch. It's a powerhouse with lots of potential.

Hopefully it learns some good moves soon. If the next move is terrible and overwrites Hammer Arm we're fucked.

kyo2004

Comics/FanArt/etc... xD...

Bill-Sanctioned Shenanigans - The Naming Process

Source: http://dt.reddit.com/r/twitchplaysp...ssor_lyra_and_the_mystery_of_the_dome_puzzle/

I'll be your silver bullet, bitch [sketch art] - Everyle

Source: http://dt.reddit.com/r/twitchplayspokemon/comments/26e7xx/trumpinch/

BTW... regarding the Falkner and other Type-themed Trainers/Gyms Trainers

-) The Universal Pokémon Randomizer has a bug in previous versions that causes some trainers to not have randomized teams when the option to have type-themed teams is checked. This doesn't happen with the most recent update. Some of the trainer classes affected by this bug are Youngsters and Bug Catchers, and Red himself.

-) Streamer-senpai used a version of the UPR that still had that bug. This became clear when we fought Joey and another Youngster and they had their normal pokémon with them, while Silver fought us with an Aipom. When people messaged the streamer about it, his reply was: "It was generated using a patched version of the randomizer provided by the creator of the randomizer. Please direct complaints to Dabomstew, the randomizer's quality is beyond my control."

-) The person who made the UPR is not Dabomstew. Proof here. We don't know what kind of randomizer the streamer used exactly. Viewers messaged streamer-senpai once more.

-) The stream was paused for a few minutes, then came back. After this delay, things changed in our run, due to a re-randomized rom.

----------------------------------------

This is what happened so far. So you may be wondering, what exactly changed? Well, here's what we've got...

-) Trainers aren't type-themed anymore. This means we won't have type-themed gyms either. The Elite 4 will potentially be much harder than expected due to this.

-) Joey's Rattata has become a Spearow, according to his phone calls. It's still top percentage though!

-) Wild pokémon are different from the ones we have already encountered the first time. That means no more Riolu =( We do not know if Silver's starter is going to be different, but it's likely.

-----------------------------------------

Additional information:

-) Trades might be randomized, but worthless to us. More details, if you're interested.

-) Depending on whether streamer-senpai used an updated version of the UPR or just used the same one without the type-themed setting for trainers, fossils could be randomized, since this problem has been fixed in more recent versions.

-) /u/Dracyoshi has a way to fix everything ever and keep type-themed trainers. Link here.

If I have missed anything, please let me know and I'll update this post as soon as I can.
Source: http://dt.reddit.com/r/twitchplaysp...ere_is_the_situation_with_the_randomizer_and/

I'm on board with Jigglypuff being the Dovahkiin, mostly because I want art of Jiggly wearing a dragonborn helm. In Skyrim, some members of the Companions are werewolves and their opposing faction is the Sliver Hand, our rival being Silver and his pokemon eventually becoming Ambipom, which uses its tails as hands. Also I shall from henceforth be referring to our Trapinch as Lil' Paarthursnax.

Top Bottom