• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Hate, redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Loki said:
Yet these posters never get called out for being "arrogant," for some reason (and I don't even consider them to be "arrogant" in most cases, since there are good reasons for them to be acting the way they act most times-- I'm just saying that the overt behavior that would/could be construed as "arrogant" is present to a greater degree than it is for me imo)

I know this discussion isn't the purpose of the thread but for those that care... uh... tough. =P

I never claimed you were the most arrogant. You as a poster stand out, and I personally find you to often carry a tone of arrogance. The one does not cause the other. You don't stand out because of your arrogance, you just stand out and happen to have that tone. It probably mostly has to do with your 'long ass' posts that make you stand out and so people remember you. And then when thinking about what posters we "don't like", we start with the number of posters we can actually think of and go from there. And so, among my mental subset of like 30 or so gaf members whose existance I actually remember, you stand out as one of the more arrogant amongst those 30.

I would also just like to say that just because someone doesn't like giving long winded explanations doesn't immediately mean they haven't given the issues a lot of thought. And to assume ignorance based on length of argument is well... ignorant ;)

it would be better perhaps, to attempt to coaxe people out and get them interested enough to want to write out the well thought arguments they merely don't feel are worth typing in. I tend to assume laziness, rather than ignorance when people don't explain themselves well.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Society said:
Can I hear something from your band?

http://angrygodofjebus.com/MS/07 - Singularity.mp3

http://www.angrygodofjebus.com/MS/02 - Versus.mp3
http://www.angrygodofjebus.com/MS/09 - Versus (Acoustic).mp3 - acoustic version of the above song we did for fun....it's fucking hilarious, yet somehow really good at the same time.

http://www.missingscore.net/mp3/missing_score-put_out_to_pasture.mp3
http://www.missingscore.net/mp3/missing_score-a_little_destruction.mp3

Incognito said:
so going by your handle, eminem, are you not a fan of the white sox? :lol

i am probably the biggest white sox fan you'll ever come in contact with, online or in real life.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Eminem,I always figured you for having a M&M candy fetish and you were trying to be hip by covering it up,man has my mind been blown.

These last couple of years I have tricked myself into thinking this,I must be alone now to think.

Meier

jett said:
If we have to deal with looking at your disgusting face in every post you make, you'll have to deal with looking at your disgusting girlfriend in every post Mike makes.

Holy shit, I thought that was BuddyC's (male) friend he's been pictured with a few times.. I had no idea it was a girl. O_O

cvxfreak

Normally, I don't mind the general trolling, but someone please tell me how certain posters weren't trolling in this thread.

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=53576

As a Nintendo DS owner, I'm pretty insulted that nothing's been done to discourage such action. One of the posters had the gall to say he/she wasn't trolling. I thought posts which are "frowned upon" are ban worthy.

=(

teepo

CVXFREAK said:
Normally, I don't mind the general trolling, but someone please tell me how certain posters weren't trolling in this thread.

As a Nintendo DS owner, I'm pretty insulted that nothing's been done to discourage such action. One of the posters had the gall to say he/she wasn't trolling. I thought posts which are "frowned upon" are ban worthy.

=(

BOO FUCKING HOO

Justin Bailey

------ ------
CVXFREAK said:

=(
Yeah, but they're TIGHTENING THE BELT MAN. YEAH CAN YOU FEEL THAT??!!

akascream

Banned
Loki said:
He was banned for using the word "guido." Last I checked, I used no such word. I know you're itching to see me banned, aka, but you'll have to do better than that. ;) :p

I don't care either way. I just don't understand why you can break the rules of this thread, but everyone else is banned.

Kon Tiki

Banned
CVXFREAK said:

=(
Anyone who prefers one console over another one should be riduculed.

fugimax

It's your own damn faults for buying a DS. You piss your money away, you get mocked.
No, no, you've got it wrong...we're not mocking you because you own a DS, we're mocking you because your fucking annoying.

Not a continuation of anything in this thread but as good a place as any.

Recently there was a special on Comedy Central starring some comedian who apparently has his own sitcom. The promo for the special kept showing the same clip over and over again with this guy saying something like, “I'm Latino! We make up words like 'Burly!' You know like... “I burly got away'!”

“Burly” is a word, you infectious tit! You did not make up a word, you mispronounced it!

I did catch part of his special and it was all dry nonsense. “As a Latino, I think we can all remember, 'How's it going'?” *crowd goes wild* “...and we know how Latino dads are impatient in the car!" *crowd freaking out* "Who else remembers food? I remember food! Latino!" *crowd wets themselves*

Who is this person and how is he in anyway funny>

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Drinky Crow said:
It's your own damn faults for buying a DS. You piss your money away, you get mocked. Them's the breaks, kiddo!

I still don't understand how you didn't mentally break when you bought a DS. I would think you would have mocked yourself into some sort of short circuit oblivion.

fugimax

no shit. video games have no relevence here in the OT
This is the only thread in the entire forum where someone can post "I HATE _____" without penalty. In addition, many would consider such a statement to be, in fact, off-topic.

But I get the spirit of your comment...back to pummelling humanity.

Edit: Unless you're a mod and/or are adored by one -- then you can say whatever you want whenever you want without consequence.

demi

i am the demi factor

me me me me me

look at me everybody

me me me

demi

that's me

me me me

you're all stupid and your opinions are inferior to one such as i

buy a ds

it rocks

idiots

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
belgurdo said:
Yeah, we should all be threatening people with death because they don't obsess over some PUNK RAWK band no one's heard of instead

who the fuck listens to punk anymore?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
miyuru said:
Oh I have something to add.

You fuckers, it's "addictive". NOT "addicting".

REALLY? OMG It's like someone just crammed a dictionary up my ass! my face looks like your face in your avatar right now. X-STREAM!!!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
BobbyRobby said:
Don't you listen to hardcore, screamo, and numetal?

depends on what you consider hardcore. if you're talking Hatebreed style hardcore, then no. If you consider stuff like Fear Before the March of Flames or Atreyu hardcore, then yeah.

screamo? no. Thursday is about the only screamo I listened to a lot, and for some reason I really, really don't like them anywhere near as much as I used to.
I'm assuming by numetal you mean the crap like Godsmack and Linkin Park and shit....and that is a definite no. of course there are some exceptions. Staind's first major release(Dysfunction) is fuckin' awesome, and I guess that's considered numetal. Yeah, everything else they've done since then has been pretty bad, but that CD is great. I love the Deftones too, if you consider them numetal.

but i basically listen to everything. hell, despite my comment, i still listen to some older punk. Older Anti-flag, any and all Misfits stuff, etc.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Ok. I've only made it through like 10 pages of this shit. I couldn't take it past the OMG SMASHIN PUNKINGSZ ROK!!! IMHO FAGS shit so I'm posting my hate RIGHT NOW.

I hate people who hate others for their AVATARS. This is about as retarded as people hating others because of the bands you like, or the movies you like. "I HATE YOUR AVATAR SO YOU SHOULD DIE LOLOL BC UR PROLLY GAY". What the fuck is that shit? So Miyuru has his face as his avatar... big deal? Would you rather see some stupid piece of anime, or john kerry, or tom cruise? GAF needs to face the truth: there are very few 'cool' avatars... most of them are horribly stupid, even mine. So let it rest!

And olimario is racist, and no matter how badly bobby wants to be in the "I <3 OLI" club, there's no amount of apologizing you can do for him that's going to make everyone here suddenly think "OH MAN MAYBE HE AINT THAT BAD. HEHE MAYBE HE MEANT N*GGER IN A GOOD WAY! LIKE 'WOW UR A GOOD N*GGER!'"

And the worst was that one total wank who said he wants to make people shake with fear with his posts. The threat of some guy sitting in front of his computer with his paris hilton video minimized so he can type out leet threats to me while starying at his jigglypuff desktop really doesn't intimidate me. christ, if you wanna be a hardass, go out to the bar, find the biggest motherfucker there, and try to scare him. The internet is not the place to try and show your testicular fortitude.

oh yeah, and i hate these people that think that because I criticize the DNC that I must be some Fox-loving, Bush-worshipping fundamentalist asshole. Sorry, folks, but it is possible to be a free thinker and not need to identify with a single group on every single thing. I prefer state rights to federal rights, but I also wish we had socialized health care.

fuck...I hate that it took me half a day to read all that. I also hate that I took half of my day that I could have been doing something useful and productive to read all that. :/

the only person I hate who still posts is ssx and I've hated him since Nintendorks.

Doesn't post (banned?): Celicar. goofy mother who hated gays but had a stupid picture of Leo DiCaprio as his avatar.

re: ignore list - mine has some people on it who were put there in the two months leading up to the election. A few weeks later Ripclawe was banned and I don't see any of them post anymore. methinks shenanigans were afoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom