• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Hate, redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acosta

I don´t hate anyone or anything, I have passed for some nasty thing in my life, but I think among other things they has been useful to make me understand how worthless can be hating.

But let me tell you one thing, it makes me really sad to read some of the threads I´m reading. I want to think this "hate" is no serious, is virtual, but I´m a strong belivever on the communication and human side of Internet, so I can´t avoid to feeling bad about someone who attack other one doubting about his will to help his father, for example. It´s incredibly sad and very unfair.

Too serious? sorry, but some things never should been said or written.

And I´m not going to apologise for writing about videogames and taking seriously the job that I´m being paid for. I will always work for improve my skills, but I take it is as a serious job and I have put much of myself on it.

For the people here that takes this with humour, please, keep it

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Gaijin To Ronin said:
I don´t hate anyone or anything, I have passed for some nasty thing in my life, but I think among other things they has been useful to make me understand how worthless can be hating.

But let me tell you one thing, it makes me really sad to read some of the threads I´m reading. I want to think this "hate" is no serious, is virtual, but I´m a strong belivever on the communication and human side of Internet, so I can´t avoid to feeling bad about someone who attack other one doubting about his will to help his father, for example. It´s incredibly sad and very unfair.

Too serious? sorry, but some things never should been said or written.

And I´m not going to apologise for writing about videogames and taking seriously the job that I´m being paid for. I will always work for improve my skills, but I take it is as a serious job and I have put much of myself on it.

For the people here that takes this with humour, please, keep it

This sappy shit does not belong in this thread.

aku:jiki

Diablos said:
Care to give a better explanation of this? What don't we "get" or "know"?

Anyway, I hate:

aku:jiki, because he talks shit but can't back it up as demonstrated in this thread. Never would've put this before, but he just had to rip on me and Eminem didn't he? Yeah, aku, PM me please. I'd like to know what I'm missing and what you have to offer that's SO MUCH BETTER.
First off: don't take this thread so damn seriously. We're all just talking shit.

Second: you're right, I can't back it up. It's not something tangible that I can "prove" with just a quote or two from you, it's just a sense and a feeling I get when I read your posts on the subject. Like you're trying real hard but just don't seem to be able to go the distance. Or something.

Eminem I just threw in there as filler, since he likes a lot of crap bands.

Acosta

This sappy shit does not belong in this thread.

What means "sappy"?

However, I suppose that you mean that is not appropiate. Sorry if I sound silly. But the initial post had this words: "but otherwise say *whatever* you want to say about your fellow GAFers"

Well, I wanted to say that. There are people here that takes this for fun, great, I have laugh with some of the comments on the thread, but I´m just saying that there are certain things here that makes me sad as well. Not a big deal but, for pure ego if you want, I wanted to share it.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
If there's any justice in this world, this thread needs to top the RE4 one as the most replied to ever. Really, this is exactly what we needed. Bottling up hate isn't good for anyone. I only hope I didnt jinx its chances by mentioning it...no pun intended.

Also, the demi hate really confounds me. Didn't he win "funniest poster" or "best poster" or something in a somewhat recent poll? Did that create a backlash or did his act just grow old?

Acosta

It means to be overly emotional. Embarrasingly so.

Thank you.

Yes, I´m concious that I can be seen as "slappy", and in some sense I can be quite emotional, on the ideas field at least. But I believe that I could say that given the initial thread. If not I will edit to erase it, or will be agree about being banned (not that I could do much about it in that case isn´t?).

Sorry DarienA and anyone who I annoyed. It just jumped and I felt I had to write it.

Diablos

JetSetHero said:
Diablos, you're a nutcase.
And you're a jackass.

Care to explain what makes me such a nutcase? I feel bad if you all find Popopop's predictable poster assasination attempts entertaining.

kablooey

All the people in this thread who're trying to defend themselves are annoying. It's a hate thread, just get over the fact that not everyone is going to like you. Yes, I'm talking to you Diablos. :p

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Loki said:
Here's another thing I hate, and I'll make this as succinct as possible:

People who see me as "arrogant" for no good reason (there are a few in this thread and I'm sure many more unaccounted for :p). It really baffles me. I just wish they'd see "me" in my entirety as opposed to perhaps keying in on one aspect of how I present myself on here. And I hope that if they are going to have the gall to call me arrogant, that they'd at least read my posts in their entirety (which many of those who call me such admit to not doing), and not focus in on the little bits which support their warped view of me.

I mean, seriously-- I've never understood where that comes from. Yes, I have strong convictions; so do a lot of people on here. I state them no more assuredly or imperiously than some others do. I do not denigrate others, and I address every argument raised against me as civilly and thoroughly as I can. But somehow I'm "arrogant"? The hell is that...? Perhaps if I just started telling people "you're wrong" and storming off without explanation while calling them a "fucktard" or some such, that would be better? I mean, seriously...

Believe me when I tell you that I don't lose sleep over it, since it's something that nobody has ever said to me in real life (which I've always felt is a better reference by which to judge one's own behavior as compared to online, obviously), but I've always been puzzled by it. And no, this was not a request for "explanation," just something I wanted to get off my chest-- and something for those who have this opinion of me to ponder. :)

(yes, that was succinct...for me :D)

I was not aware a lot of people considered you arrogant. It was just my personal feelings. But if enough people consider you as such don't you think there has to be *something* you are doing to spark that initial reaction? Why would we all target you for this specific accusation otherwise?

It could not come up in real life for a number reasons. Perhaps your body language and voices relax the tone of your words, or maybe you speak a little differently or speak less in real life.

As for whether I read the entireity of your posts, it depends on the length and subject matter. For instance, I only read the first paragraph of your long explanation to whoever at the beginning of the thread because I don't care. But obviously I'm going to read your post to me (kinda) in its entireity and my opinion of you is based off of the posts of yours that I read completely.

Its not what you have to say nor your opinions or strong convictions. I prefer those kinds of things in a poster and have made posts at gaf request people actually try to explain themselves more fully.

As an example lets take a look at your post I'm replying to. Read your own words, digest the tone. You come off as believing that there is no possible way in the entire universe you could ever be consider arrogant by anyone for any good reason. You present it as if you don't even give the idea consideration before completely throwing it out and immediately imply that there is something entirely wrong me for belieiving as such. There is no possible way I could even be a *little* right. I must be only focusing on small things you say and have a warped opinion of you. There is no other rational explanation.

That is how your post came off to me, and I would call that arrogant.

belgurdo

Banned
kablooey said:
All the people in this thread who're trying to defend themselves are annoying.

Yeah, honestly. The people who keep doing this are pretty much just missing the point of the thread. People are just clearing the air and letting their pet peeves get out in the open, not just necessarily slinging mud just to elicit a reaction from you primadonnas. Hell, with most everyone else, after they recieved their drubbings they just shrugged it off and moved on from this topic. What makes you people so special that you need to explain every facet of your being?

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Diablos said:
And you're a jackass.

Care to explain what makes me such a nutcase? I feel bad if you all find Popopop's predictable poster assasination attempts entertaining.

The way you take things so personally. And think that we're all so jealous that you enjoy The Smashing Pumpkins. It's strange, bizzare. If you hadn't been doing it for years, I'd say that it was a massive wind-up.

Why am I a jackass?

Diablos said:
And you're a jackass.

No, I'M a jackass. And I hate you! I hate your stupid avatar, I hate your stupid know-it-all attitude about music when you can't tell shit from gold, I hate your corgan obsession, I hate you!

border

I think olimario is okay. It mostly just bothers me when I think he's being false or insincere for the sake of gaining attention.

Other random things to hate:

Michael Jordan cocksuckers -- Whether your obsession with this guy is real or merely contrived for message board "wackiness", it's more tiresome than amusing. It always makes me want to spam the forum with a bunch of "I love Babe Ruth" crap just so you can see how stupid it all comes off.

EA cocksuckers -- You love Madden sooo much. We get it....I still don't understand why that means you have to spend time defending every move this company makes, or chalk up criticism of any EA game as just blind EA-hatred.

People with terminal illnesses -- Why do they always turn out to be such jerks on message boards? At least Lonestar is kinda cleaning up his act, or at least moving it into the political arena where I rarely tread.

Loki

Count of Concision
slayn said:
I was not aware a lot of people considered you arrogant. It was just my personal feelings. But if enough people consider you as such don't you think there has to be *something* you are doing to spark that initial reaction?

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind, obviously. I simply disagree. :)

It could not come up in real life for a number reasons. Perhaps your body language and voices relax the tone of your words, or maybe you speak a little differently or speak less in real life.

Perhaps. I'm pretty much the same person online or off, however. I think maybe what it is is that "serious" discussions (about issues etc.) don't come up as often in real life. But when they do, I state my case the same way I do here. And nobody has considered that "arrogant."

As for whether I read the entireity of your posts, it depends on the length and subject matter. For instance, I only read the first paragraph of your long explanation to whoever at the beginning of the thread because I don't care. But obviously I'm going to read your post to me (kinda) in its entireity and my opinion of you is based off of the posts of yours that I read completely.

Fair enough. :) I wasn't only addressing you, btw. Some others who have called me "arrogant" (both in this thread and in the past) have stated that they don't read my posts in their entirety.

As an example lets take a look at your post I'm replying to. Read your own words, digest the tone. You come off as believing that there is no possible way in the entire universe you could ever be consider arrogant by anyone for any good reason. You present it as if you don't even give the idea consideration before completely throwing it out and immediately imply that there is something entirely wrong me for belieiving as such. There is no possible way I could even be a *little* right. I must be only focusing on small things you say and have a warped opinion of you. There is no other rational explanation.

Well...yeah. ;) :D Seriously, though, the point I was trying to make is that however you'd go about defining "arrogant," there are a number of other posters who fit the bill to a greater degree than I do. I've used various criteria (e.g., strength of conviction, tone, dismissiveness, how often a person belittles another for having a contrary opinion etc.), and each time I come up with at least 4 or 5 prominent posters who exemplify said behavior to a greater extent than I do. Yet these posters never get called out for being "arrogant," for some reason (and I don't even consider them to be "arrogant" in most cases, since there are good reasons for them to be acting the way they act most times-- I'm just saying that the overt behavior that would/could be construed as "arrogant" is present to a greater degree than it is for me imo) . I'm not going to name names, since I'm not like that, but these people do exist. I've always just been puzzled, more than anything else. I'm not going to (nor am I trying to) change your mind about me-- I'm just telling you how things appear from my perspective. :)

Btw, you (and the others saying this) can be a "little right"-- my point was that there are others who exhibit these traits to a greater degree than I do, yet they are seldom called out for it. That's just...odd.

That is how your post came off to me, and I would call that arrogant.

And you're entitled to that opinion. :) Perhaps some of my opinions-- or the way I express them-- come off as "well, if you have a different opinion, then you can't be 'right'". I will admit that the tone of my posts is sometimes like that, but it's usually on those subjects that I have given a lot of thought to over the years (and, as I said, many other posters act the same exact way, if not worse imo); further, I usually only express it in such a tone if there is someone who I can clearly tell has given the issue no thought trying to tell me that I'm mistaken somehow. If I feel a person has legitimately considered an issue (which is evident from the quality of their thought/reasoning on the matter ), and raises valid points, then I will always respect and address those points. It depends on the person. But one thing I don't do is suffer fools lightly. :p If a person who has clearly not given an issue sufficient thought simply states their opinion, and why they disagree with me, then I will address their argument. If, however, they come into a thread telling me that I'm "wrong" (with no supporting evidence), and are confrontational/loud about it, then I will mince no words with them.

In general, I dislike people who have done no thinking in their life who think that their opinion is somehow the fact of the matter. I have no problem with those who have done a lot of thinking about things and have arrived at their own firm conclusions. In other words, I dislike ignorance masquerading as considered opinion, and that is the one instance where I will possibly come off as "arrogant"-- and I make no apologies for that. Ignorant people who have never really considered an issue have no business acting as if their opinions carry some great weight, and being adamant/confrontational about it on top of it. I will not stand for that. If that's arrogance, then sue me. :p

But we do not have to discuss this issue further-- you've said your piece, and I've said mine. We'll leave it at that, lest we upset belgurdo. ;) :p

akascream said:
So fancie gets banned, but not loki. Nice

He was banned for using the word "guido." Last I checked, I used no such word. I know you're itching to see me banned, aka, but you'll have to do better than that. ;) :p

FightyF

Banned
I really wonder what these "music elitists" think of The Old Dead Tree.

And if they say something negative about them...I'll officially hate them. Joining the ranks of Nintendo fans...how humiliating is that?

Diablos said:
Foreign Jackass: You fail at trying to be as annoying and disrespectful as bell woods. You don't succeed. Nobody pays attention. Stop.

Woohoo, someone actually hates me! If you mention me, it means I succeeded.

I slept with your girlfriend. Well, I'll sleep with her when you get one.

Loki

Count of Concision
kablooey said:
You know, the way you write/speak (and the content of what you say as well) reminds me an awful lot of someone I know. Your name wouldn't happen to be Adam, would it? :p

Nope, Chris. :)

And sorry for "defending myself" so much, btw-- I realize that it runs counter to the intent of the thread. I guess it's just a natural reaction. :p

Gattsu25

Banned
jarrod:

an absolutely fucking worthless poster with thousands of inane lists for god fucking knows what reasons and is also a hardcore console loyalist without even attempted to act sane about it.

everyone that frequents sales threads:

posting on GAF is ine level of depravity and sticking mostly to the gaming forum is another...but to actively participate in such a hands-off brainless and ABSOLUTELY GODDAM WORTHLESS discussions is proudly wearing a badge displaying your utter hopelessness

I absolutely love this thread. Even though I basically never agree with Mike_Works (he's a canuck, I'm a separatist quebecer), I must say I admire his gutso and bravado.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'd just like to interject here to sound off my hate for Antonin "Divine Right of Kings" Scalia. Other justices, well... aside from Scalia's lapdog Thomas, I can trust to have some legal basis in their opinion so that even if I personally disagree with the result I can say they knew what they were doing... but I can hardly do the same when somebody's hardon for theocracy left smear marks all over the paper for any idiot to see.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
aku:jiki said:
First off: don't take this thread so damn seriously. We're all just talking shit.

Second: you're right, I can't back it up. It's not something tangible that I can "prove" with just a quote or two from you, it's just a sense and a feeling I get when I read your posts on the subject. Like you're trying real hard but just don't seem to be able to go the distance. Or something.

Eminem I just threw in there as filler, since he likes a lot of crap bands.

"go the distance" ? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

do tell, what bands do I like that you consider crap?

jett

D-Member
Hmm, this thread has made me start hating miyuru. Shut the fuck you little baby, :lol at begging the mods to do something about Mike Works. If we have to deal with looking at your disgusting face in every post you make, you'll have to deal with looking at your disgusting girlfriend in every post Mike makes.

Eminem said:
do tell, what bands do I like that you consider crap?
Name's Eminem...question is what bands do you like that are crap.
Name's Eminem...question is what bands do you like that are crap...

Let me compute this.

jett said:
Hmm, this thread has made me start hating miyuru. Shut the fuck you little baby, :lol at begging the mods to do something about Mike Works. If we have to deal with looking at your disgusting face in every post you make, you'll have to deal with looking at your disgusting girlfriend in every post Mike makes.
:lol
I hate miyuru. His attitude and facial expression on his pic screams "mama's boy tries to be cool".

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Foreign Jackass said:
Name's Eminem...question is what bands do you like that are crap.
Name's Eminem...question is what bands do you like that are crap...

Let me compute this.

you're a moron. i don't like eminem, or any kind of rap, at all. don't make ignorant statements in the future, thanks.

MC Safety

Foreign Jackass said:
Yeah, who's the moron? Guy calls himself Eminem, says he doesn't listen to rap. Next thing you know, he'll be saying HE'S the original Eminem.

Perhaps he named himself after the sweet, sweet candy, but wasn't so good with the spelling.

Mmmmm. M&M.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Incognito said:
because he doesn't like them, duh!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

doesn't he also sport the same dreadful bleached blonde hair as his idol, too?

uhhhhh i have long dark brown hair, chief. nice try though.

Yeah, who's the moron? Guy calls himself Eminem, says he doesn't listen to rap.

you for assuming things. jackass.

ANYWAY, here's the story:

my band had to play a show when our singer had a sinus infection, and therefore he could barely talk, let along sing. so i had to play guitar and try to sing. but i can't sing well at all. so i just started rapping all the lyrics. my fellow bandmates started calling me Eminem after that. this was in like 1997 or so. after that me and my roommate/bandmate got a dreamcast and were playing games online with it. as a joke he created my account on chuchu rocket with the name "Eminem"
I got to know a ton of people on there, started posting on their forums, and used the name Eminem because that's what they knew me by. and so i've just kept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom