• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. Basketball losing by 22 points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vgamer

I really think the USA has to rethink there team selection strategy. I think that the USA players from the NBA champion team should represent the USA in these events and pick a few other players to fill out the roster if any international players are on that team. I really think the Pistons would have done better then Team USA. They are much more used to playing as a team and all know their roles. That is a major advantage for the other teams is they play together alot more.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm buying an Arroyo jersey...

Atrex

despite all that its still pathetically embarassing, i dont even like basketball much, aside from college hoops but i am sick to my stomach over this atrosity.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
how about a player or two that can consistently knock down the outside shot??? that would help TREMENDOUSLY! Where's Redd?? Bibby?? etc.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Lol, Iverson needs to stop hitting the snooze button. Cause he got 2 wake up calls!

evil ways

Puerto Rico representin'!!!

pr.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
open_mouth_ said:
how about a player or two that can consistently knock down the outside shot??? that would help TREMENDOUSLY! Where's Redd?? Bibby?? etc.

Yep. 3 for 25 from outside 20 feet. Pathetic....

Grizzlyjin

XS+ said:
Any one else crack up when Iverson talks in postgame interviews?

I know I did. " I guess it was just another wake up call...". How many damn wake up calls does Team USA need? You need to get served by Italy and Puerto Rico and then gett he game together? God, and their next game is against the host nation right? The pressure is really going to be on then, its like one of the only sold out games. And 3 for 24 from outside...what was that about. The shot is actually closer than the NBA, so I don't even know what the hell was going on with them there.

And that Ginobili shot at the buzzer in the 4th was just awesome.

ghostface

Grizzlyjin said:
And 3 for 24 from outside...what was that about. The shot is actually closer than the NBA, so I don't even know what the hell was going on with them there.
It's called "over-paid, self-important spoiled athletes not giving a shit about the Olympic Games and not traning for them".

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
ghostface said:
It's called "over-paid, self-important spoiled athletes not giving a shit about the Olympic Games and not traning for them".

Actually, it's more about the team being assembled less than two months ago, when every one of these players was still competing against one-another.

gblues

Banned
Hey guys, us West-coasters are still watching the game. Not that it isn't obvious that USA is going to lose, but let's not forget the spoiler tags, OK?

Nathan

Loki

Count of Concision
Archaix said:
Actually, it's more about the team being assembled less than two months ago, when every one of these players was still competing against one-another.

Yeah, that and the fact that only one or two (being generous) of them actually KNOW HOW TO PLAY REAL BASKETBALL. Duncan does...umm, who else am I missing? :p In a way, it's good that these guys are getting embarrassed by guys who don't get paid 1/10 what they do, because it may put and end to their supreme arrogance, as if they're the greatest in the world. Yeah, they're certainly the most talented (whatever that means) and athletic, but, once again, we see how far that goes when you come up against people who actually know how to play the entire game and not just one or two facets of it.

USA pwned. :D

But yeah, if they would have constructed the team more sensibly, with a good mix of slashers, shooters, playmakers and bigs etc., instead of just loading up on all-stars, they would have fared much better. Then again, what does it say about the state of American basketball if you don't have those varieties of player among your supposed "best players". Sad.

effzee

a good college team cant beat an average basketball team. cause its a team. this usa olympic squad isnt even a team. the players that were ther during the qualifying are no long here and stern loaded this team up with james, melo, and wade to further promote the young players when he should have put pure shooters on it. r allen, miller, redd, barry...people like that. we have a log jam at the forward position.

still i think we win gold.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I didn't watch the game, but I'm curious. Is it still being coached like the All-Star game? Is Brown letting everybody get their time and not having any of the top tier players stay in too long like he was during the exhibition matches?

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
1992 .... Barcelona .... the Dream Team .... Jordan ... Magic .... Pippen .... Byrd .... Barkley ...... and coutless other.

The memories........

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
holy shit. i can't believe i slept through this. that's unbelievable. usa basketball SUCKS. hahahahaha.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
effzee said:
cause puerto rico isnt a state but a territory.
I suppose the trade off for not having any Senators is your own Olympic team. I'd gladly give up Boxer and Feinstein for that.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Atrex said:
despite all that its still pathetically embarassing, i dont even like basketball much, aside from college hoops but i am sick to my stomach over this atrosity.

Not half as atrocious as our education system.

Yes because being one letter off (in a way that still sounds the same, and arguably makes more sense) is a horrible sign of lack of proper education.

LakeEarth

morbidaza said:
Yes because being one letter off (in a way that still sounds the same, and arguably makes more sense) is a horrible sign of lack of proper education.

I agree. It's okay to make fun when someone is going "ho my goad that si soosooo stpidu!!!", but barely spelling wrong a somewhat rarely used word in a sentence that had nothing to do with education or anything... it's kinda just being a nerd!

Bat

That was quite hilarious. I think a lot of people (like myself) ended up just rooting for Puerto Rico because of how pathetic the US team was.

Obviously this team is incredibly flawed.....simply put, it's constructed terribly, with absolutely no sense of the international game. And as much as everyone loved to trash George Karl after the WC, Larry Brown should get a lot of blame for this type of performance. After all, he had a lot of say in how the team was constructed and he picked his coaching staff, which has NO international coaching experience (ridiculous).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom