• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Has a Standalone The Divison Battle Royale in the Works

legacy24

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Rykan

Its really sad that they didn't fully embrace the risk vs reward concept in the original The Division. Sadly, they moved away from that.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Yuck. I had hoped that genre was on the way out, isolated in the handful of opponents still standing and fighting over that 12-16 year old microtransaction-spending demographic. We don't need even more.

It will probably tank like Battlefield's attempt at it.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
That's what the initial concept of The Division actually was in tthat infamous reveal "gameplay", squads of 3 fighting each other on the streets of NY, the final game obviously scrapped the idea, but looks like Ubi might get back to it.

Fans are just asking for more maps, raids and other PVE content and balancing to the PVP side.
Literally no one in the Division community is asking for a Battle Royale mode.
This people with the most unique multiplayer looter shooter continues to fuck up this franchise left and right with reckless abandon.
They fucking took the better part of a year for 3 exotics and a game mode that didn't even work on day 1 and needed multiple patches to fix. Add in more fucking nerfs to weapons or gear that players actually enjoyed.
Ubisoft really needs new leadership ASAP.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Battle Royale is the lazy soap opera(lots of awful content, but so low quality it barely counts) of gaming, but of all of Ubi’s IPs this one makes the most sense to destroy with a BR.

The Division is one of their more palatable shit shows. I had a ton of fun with 1 but for me 2(bought it in that $3cnd sale) was just the same old tricks with a terrible looking environment.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Wtf happened to Ubisoft? They used to make some really good games. Fuck battle royal, it’s dead Jim. How about a next gen only highly polished Division 3?

Battle Royales are amazing, ya'll must suck really bad or something at them. Will never understand why people despise them so much. They're loads of fun if designed and done right like Fortnite and Warzone.

PUBG blows. Apex Legends is not bad but horrible shooting and art-style.

We need more AAA studios making good BR efforts. The Division is a perfect match for this. Fuck the naysayers.

Hopefully the standalone TLOU multiplayer game has a dedicated BR mode. BR in TLOU would be too fucking amazing, especially if clickers would roam the world as well along with the players making noises. The TLOU universe is built for that.

Last edited:

Philfrag

Banned
Battle Royales are amazing, ya'll must suck really bad or something at them. Will never understand why people despise them so much. They're loads of fun if designed and done right like Fortnite and Warzone.

PUBG blows. Apex Legends is not bad but horrible shooting and art-style.

We need more AAA studios making good BR efforts. The Division is a perfect match for this. Fuck the naysayers.

Hopefully the standalone TLOU multiplayer game has a dedicated BR mode. BR in TLOU would be too fucking amazing, especially if clickers would roam the world as well along with the players making noises. The TLOU universe is built for that.
It could just be that some people don't like this genre of games. Which is fine

It could just be that some people don't like this genre of games. Which is fine
That is fine, but it seems majority is hating on it. Not just "some". Lol. Then again, the loud ones tend to be in minority usually. Meanwhile, the happy ones do what they enjoy and move along in their life.

I wonder. The execs at Ubi that greenlight these short-lived gaas only to be forced to cancel/ abandon it, do they get a bonus for being shit at their job or what.
Swing and a miss × 4.
What is the definition of insanity again UBI ?

EDMIX

Joke post? Warzone and Fortnite are still absolute juggernauts. PUBG isn’t too far behind them either.

lol not at all. I didn't know BR was a huge thing still, so it makes sense for them to do some Division BR thing then..

Keep in mind that my fault for listening to some users on here as they tend to exaggerate a fuck ton, be like "BR IS DEAD" and or "NO ONE PLAYZ DEM BROZ". So its my fault as I usually look it up and want an objective answer vs some foaming fanboy type response lol I broke my own rules with that one.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Ubisoft can go fuck themselves. The Division has an opportunity to be such a great coop looter shooter even still today but as usual they chase what they expect to be money makers versus pleasing the actual fanbase that made it popular in the first place.

jigglet

Banned
Ubi set the standard in the console space for GaaS back in 2015. No one else had set a 10 year vision for any console game with micro transactions that were 100% cosmetic. It blows my mind they were so ahead of the curve, yet so far behind with Battle Royale.

Bluecondor

Great....one of my favorite game series getting two of my least favorite activities (battle royale and rogue-like). Forced PvP in a map that shrinks and an endless generic marathon of faceless enemies.

Last edited:

Philfrag

Banned
That is fine, but it seems majority is hating on it. Not just "some". Lol. Then again, the loud ones tend to be in minority usually. Meanwhile, the happy ones do what they enjoy and move along in their life.
Its natural when a market becomes over saturated. I've had a lot of fun with BR titles but after a while I just wanted to move on. Seeing all the major players in this industry try and take on the genre instead of trying something new gets tiresome. I understand the financial safety in doing so, but if people didn't get tired of playing the same rehashed game modes we would all still be playing Quake. I think the genre has already peaked

Top Bottom