• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 127: Just Scrap Baby Jay - 2/26/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
AIRic said:
What? Fitch + Draw +Draw = Draw?

Nice to see UFC protecting their popular baby.

That's nothing to do with the UFC, that's the rule as it's always been and as set up by the Unified Rules in the US. If two judges score it a draw, it's a draw. Same in boxing too.

If two judges think one fighter won, that fighter gets the decision regardless of how the third was scored. A majority draw is the same. Two judges saw it even, which overrides the third.

AIRic said:
What? Fitch + Draw +Draw = Draw?

Nice to see UFC protecting their popular baby.

WrikaWrek said:
Dana called, he wanted an excuse to move B.J forward, "fuck fitch" says he.

You goofs realize UFC doesn't appoint or employ the refs or judges, and Dana routinely criticizes how bad they are?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
lol, BJ doing the Fedor........ lost a couple of times, time to quit.

Oh well Fuck Fitch!

FOTN to EberTROLL
K.o_Otn to Hunt probably.
Sub dunno Noke?

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Almighty_Chocobo said:
UFC judges are some of the worst officials in any sport on this planet.

Why do people keep calling them UFC's judges?

I thought the judges are independent from the UFC?

yacobod said:
i hate fitch, and am a huge bj nuthugger, but it's funny that most of the thread is hating on fitch, but if that was gsp, his gnp is even more vanilla, and you guys would be hanging on his balls talking about how dominant he was in the 3rd round.

Pretty sure GSP's GNP made B.J. forget he was in a fight and his brothers had to save his brain from anymore damage.

Yep. Mentally fucked B.J. is back. Just rewatch that interview. He knew he lost.

yacobod

Banned
well this is further proof that all main event fights need to be 5 rounds, bj would have lost decisively if it went 5. he might not have made it out for the 5th round ala penn/gsp 2.

"Originally Posted by yacobod:
i hate fitch, and am a huge bj nuthugger, but it's funny that most of the thread is hating on fitch, but if that was gsp, his gnp is even more vanilla, and you guys would be hanging on his balls talking about how dominant he was in the 3rd round."

Yea but GPS leaves his opponents looking like they went through a meat grinder atleast. Hell he gave Koscheck fucking nerve damage in his face in the last fight.

And neither Fitch or BJ got anything on GSP, he dominated them both in their last fights vs him, finish or not, he still destroyed them.

bbyybb said:
Why do people keep calling them UFC's judges?

I thought the judges are independent from the UFC?

Because people are stupid. You really think Dana likes his main event ending in a draw? you really think that he would protect BJ over Fitch, who is a younger fighter who might end up being in the 170lb Champ discussion if GSP gives up the belt to fight Silva? Having a draw on Fitch's record doesn't help the UFC at all, and BJ is established already, a loss wouldn't hurt him that much in terms of star power/recognition.

Love Joe Rogan acting like Bisping had an impressive performance by knocking his opponent out with an illegal strike. UFC needs to stop hyping this bum up.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
You goofs realize UFC doesn't appoint or employ the refs or judges, and Dana routinely criticizes how bad they are?

I was just kidding ma man.

I know the rules don't allow fooling around like that. I'm glad Fitch didn't win, even if just because i hate his ass.

Beardz

Fighter of the night:

xEBwz.jpg

yacobod

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Because people are stupid. You really think Dana likes his main event ending in a draw? you really think that he would protect BJ over Fitch, who is a younger fighter who might end up being in the 170lb Champ discussion if GSP gives up the belt to fight Silva? Having a draw on Fitch's record doesn't help the UFC at all, and BJ is established already, a loss wouldn't hurt him that much in terms of star power/recognition.

who cares, the sport and it's judging will always be under question, when they have bogus decisions about once every other card like in the ion tv preliminary bout today.

they need to start training judges better, or they need to ditch these guys who are primarily boxing judges, cecil peoples, and these other retards.

yacobod said:
who cares, the sport and it's judging will always be under question, when they have bogus decisions about once every other card like in the ion tv preliminary bout today.

they need to start training judges better, or they need to ditch these guys who are primarily boxing judges, cecil peoples, and these other retards.

I don't disagree judges can suck. I've been watching boxing for years that's a no brainer. My only point was that the judges don't work for UFC, and there is no reason to believe the UFC influences them in anyway, or that the judges base their decisions on what might be best for the UFC. It's asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom