• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'll shave my pubes and eat them if he is banned for 4 years.

And here..we..GO!

lPp2v0x.jpg

dream

What I don't get is why nobody is giving Anderson respect for being a fucking gangster, walking off the streets and going 15 with the world champ.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Are people forgetting how poor Jon looked against OSP?

Given the whirlwind the DC was run through this week I am not surprised it screwed up his game.

Probably because the champ looked a bit off. If Silva went against the DC that fought Gustafsson or Rumble and survived, then yeah he would be a badass.

Cromwell

Banned
He might actually be banned for 4 years. lol

Even if it's 2 I can easily see Dana holding a lifelong grudge over this and doing everything he can to never let him come back. The sale of the company is the only hope Jon has, assuming he can get his shit together which is doubtful.

The Beard

People who boo the ground game should just watch boxing and kickboxing.

Come on, stop trying to be a "superior" MMA fan. That Cormier Silva fight was fucking trash. Cormier was handed an out of shape 42 year old with 2 days notice and he just laid on him most of the fight, he barely got any strikes in. I'm looking at Silva right now, you can't even tell he just fought, his face is clean.

Same with a good chunk of the Lesnar Hunt fight. They weren't doing anything on the ground, they were asked to stand up a couple times and that's when the crowd was like, fuck this. "This is the slugfest that they advertised to us?"

Cromwell

Banned
Come on, stop trying to be a "superior" MMA fan. That Cormier Silva fight was fucking trash. Cormier was handed an out of shape 42 year old with 2 days notice and he just laid on him most of the fight, he barely got any strikes in. I'm looking at Silva right now, you can't even tell he just fought, his face is clean.

Same with a good chunk of the Lesnar Hunt fight. They weren't doing anything on the ground, they were asked to stand up a couple times and that's when the crowd was like, fuck this. "This is the slugfest that they advertised to us?"

Watch WWE instead. This is actual fighting.

Fox318

Are people forgetting how poor Jon looked against OSP?

Given the whirlwind the DC was run through this week I am not surprised it screwed up his game.
Duh.

Dude trained for jon Jones and he gets silva with 24 hours notice.

It goes both ways.

Silva is a boss for taking the fight but DC at that weight class is a monster.

Dot50Cal

Banned
DC was elbowing the shit out of Silva. Likewise, Brock was active and slamming his fists into Marks face. Noone is trying to be superior here dude.

The Cormier Silva fight wasn't great but I can see why DC went there. Its a hell of a lot better than if he was KO'd right now.

I can't see how people are upset with the Lesnar ground game though. Those were explosive takedowns and some solid ground and pound. That was pretty fun to watch

dream

Probably because the champ looked a bit off. If Silva went against the DC that steamrolled Gustafsson or Rumble and survived, then yeah he would be a badass.

Sure, but, fuck, think about what an amazing, manly accomplishment it is to literally get off the plane, untrained, 2 months out from major surgery, and you walk in and take the best in the world to a decision. I've been rolling with this form of sports entertainment since day 1, and that's the most incredible, gangster thing I've ever seen.

Sure, but, fuck, think about what an amazing, manly accomplishment it is to literally get off the plane, untrained, 2 months out from major surgery, and you walk in and take the best in the world to a decision. I've been rolling with this form of sports entertainment since day 1, and that's the most incredible, gangster thing I've ever seen.

When you say it like that it is kinda cool, but I'm such a cynic bastard that I can't let myself enjoy that without overthinking it.

Thats some bullshit, I had bought the PPV and UFC.tv didnt even show it.

Basically Brock looked legit happier than I've ever seen him, and he thinks he could still be a force in the division (as do I)

I'm pretty damn confident you will see Brock in the Octagon again one way or another soon

KingBroly

Banned
Dana White is never going to reinstate Jones after this. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he bars athletes from using his team, either. As great as he is, the law needs to be laid.

As for Tate, she probably shouldn't have beat Holm but did. Now we wait to see if Ronda comes back or what. Cuz I dunno. Maybe she's gone mentally, but I don't think she is.

Cormier got a raw deal. If he beat the shit out of Silva on short notice, it'd be bad. If he lost or let him off easy, it'd be bad. Jones screwed him over. Plain and simply.

And finally, BROCK.LESNAR. Albeit rusty, he looked pretty damn dominant for a guy who hasn't done this in 5 years. If Brock quit WWE, good luck on WWE trying to keep him out of UFC. Brock Lesnar does what Brock Lesnar wants to do. He is unreal, a once in a lifetime athlete.

Fox318

Dana White is never going to reinstate Jones after this. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he bars athletes from using his team, either. As great as he is, the law needs to be laid.

As for Tate, she probably shouldn't have beat Holm but did. Now we wait to see if Ronda comes back or what. Cuz I dunno. Maybe she's gone mentally, but I don't think she is.

Cormier got a raw deal. If he beat the shit out of Silva on short notice, it'd be bad. If he lost or let him off easy, it'd be bad. Jones screwed him over. Plain and simply.

And finally, BROCK.LESNAR. Albeit rusty, he looked pretty damn dominant for a guy who hasn't done this in 5 years. If Brock quit WWE, good luck on WWE trying to keep him out of UFC. Brock Lesnar does what Brock Lesnar wants to do. He is unreal, a once in a lifetime athlete.
He should bar athletes from being managed by Maliki Kawa.

Say they won't negotiate fights with him.

All of his guys are popped for steroids and other shit

At this point I'm fairly confident Brock would destroy Fedor. In 2009 I woulda said the opposite, but Fedor looks terrible now.

I say this as a Fedor fan.

Yeah Brock would destroy him. He would finish him I think.

But its a huge money fight and Fedor has already hinted he's coming to the UFC. People have been talking about that one for years.

Brock vs Fedor is pretty likely imo

Cromwell

Banned

After the Cowherd interview I wouldn't doubt it. Threw Jones entire team under the bus as total fucking morons.

The Beard

The Cormier Silva fight wasn't great but I can see why DC went there. Its a hell of a lot better than if he was KO'd right now.

I can't see how people are upset with the Lesnar ground game though. Those were explosive takedowns and some solid ground and pound. That was pretty fun to watch

I don't have an issue with Lesnar's ground game. I thought it was impressive how Brock was man handling that giant man, and he was getting some good hard strikes in there. I would've liked to see him posture up towards the end and really rain some heavy punches down, but he didn't need to, and I don't fault him for not doing so. I was just saying why I thought the crowd was booing.

That DC fight though. It was essentially a charity fight.

VoxPop

Lol Brock would beat Fedor worse than when Big Foot turned him into a cyclops. Im all for it though just to see another well marketed fraud take a beating.

Overall a super disappointing event considering the hype behind it. Aldo was super tentative as was Hunt and Cormier. I really hate this safe no damage grapplefuck era so they can stay semi relevant era we live in.

Guru-Guru

Banned
After the Cowherd interview I wouldn't doubt it. Threw Jones entire team under the bus as total fucking morons.
Idk, if Jones is out for a year or two Dana will cool off. He drew 800k vs Cormier, 550k vs Rampage, and 500k vs Sonnen and Machida. His worst drawing fights were still above 300k, iirc. They will take him back for the $$$.

On a different note: UFC 100 is the first UFC event I ever saw. Although I didn't become a big fan for a couple years after that, I still remember some of the crazy shit from that event. UFC 200 I will mostly forget in a couple weeks...

darscot

All in all it was a pretty disappointing night of fights. Cain was the beast Cain that is the Champ. Everyone else was pretty bleh. I was hoping Hunt was going to going to give Brock the Clint Eastwood vs Lesnar fight. Miesha was out of her depth and showed how horrible Holly was in their fight. Just way too much wrestling to entertain me. Why did Lesnar Hunt not have Big John Stand them Up might have at least made it interesting.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it and don't care if I take some heat, Brock is still a legit top 10 heavyweight.

Yeah the striking isn't great we all know that. But the dudes wrestling and top control are world class. Combine that with his freak athleticism and there are plenty of dudes he could smash

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it and don't care if I take some heat, Brock is still a legit top 10 heavyweight.

Yeah the striking isn't great we all know that. But the dudes wrestling and top control are world class. Combine that with his freak athleticism and there are plenty of dudes he could smash
Not sure how you could get any heat from that. The only people that have beaten him have been the absolute cream of the crop, and he just won a match against a really game opponent ranked 8th. Even if you didn't say he was in the top ten, he is still in the elite. Hell, he could be ranked 20th and that means there are only 19 other people on the entire planet that could make a legitimate case for being better. Those are great numbers in my opinion.

I'd rather he just beat some cans like Fedor and keep his mystique. JDS may not be as good as he once was but I think he would still put a hurting on Brock. He has pretty good tdd and usually pops up instantly like Aldo.

Agreed. I think Brock is a top 10 contender but any striker with great TDD is a serious problem with him. There are plenty of fight you can put him in where he will just crush people. Give him favorable match ups that are fun for him and the fans and just let us enjoy it. No need to instantly feed him to people like Cain or JDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom