• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

darscot

Cain.jpg

Ha ha awesome :)

Levito

Banned
Y'all call Brock a top 10 heavyweight still(rightfully so cause he just beat one) but you don't want him to face another top 10 heavyweight.

cmon

Y'all call Brock a top 10 heavyweight still(rightfully so cause he just beat one) but you don't want him to face another top 10 heavyweight.

cmon

I just think its more "fun" with Brock to give him favorable match ups.

Its weird because I feel pretty confident he's a top 10 MMA Heavyweight and yet still susceptible as hell to certain match ups. I just think with Brock being 39 and having this aura its more fun to play into that and give him cool fights than ones I feel he would be at a major disadvantage.

Its a personal thing though, and if Brock wants to go all in and face dudes like JDS and Cain then more power to him

scabro

cmon
yeah whatever would brock do against the likes of ben rothwell and travis browne

and very likely soon frank mir again at number 11

dream

I hope the two companies can work something out. There's money in Brock being a 2 sports entertainment Superstar. Have him work two WWE shows a year--probably WrestleMania and Summerslam--and one or two Ultimate shows.

I hope the two companies can work something out. There's money in Brock being a 2 sports entertainment Superstar. Have him work two WWE shows a year--probably WrestleMania and Summerslam--and one or two Ultimate shows.

Yep and it works hugely great for both. If the UFC books him right there are plenty of people on the roster he can beat and draw some rating from the WWE crowd. Plus for Vince it makes Brock look even more legit having him beat people in actual fights.

It works perfect for both companies as long as they play the game right plus its a ton of fun for fans. It's just cool having Brock back if I'm being honest.

They need to make the deal happen

dream

It really was cool having Brock back. As big as Conor fights tend to be, Brock gave 200 a genuine big fight feel that this company hasn't had in years.

Levito

Banned
They need to make the deal happen

I agree.

And the deal should be against JDS. DO IT

(They were supposed to fight years ago, y'all.)

It really was cool having Brock back. As big as Conor fights tend to be, Brock gave 200 a genuine big fight feel that this company hasn't had in years.

Conor is a bigger draw at this point, probably Ronda too. But I agree it was fun having him back.

I agree.

And the deal should be against JDS. DO IT

(They were supposed to fight years ago, y'all.)

Conor is a bigger draw at this point, probably Ronda too. But I agree it was fun having him back.

Conor is still the biggest yeah. The dude is in a league of his own right now outside of Mayweather. UFC 202 is gonna beat UFC 200 buy rate I feel pretty confident

But Lesnar is still a massive draw. There is just something about the dudes mystique and if the UFC / WWE book him right and get him on a couple fight winning streak his buy rate is going to go back to mega huge.

I just like having these larger than life personalities around. It makes the sport fun and it helps Brock is an actual monster. The dude has some deficiencies in his game but he is also arguable the best in the sport in other (top control)

Levito

Banned
Brock is huge, no doubt. I just meant Conor is without a doubt a bigger draw. 202 is going to blow past 200 in terms of buy rate.

I honestly love Brock, I wanna see him face JDS. It's a really hard fight for him but I think he can win it. Cain, Overeem, Werdum, Stipe are the ones he really needs to avoid. Cain especially, that's a nightmare matchup for Brock.

jugo

Neo Member
If the rumors about Fedor wanting to fight in the UFC are true, now would be a good time to sign him. An easy big name opponent for Brock. And it seems fitting that Fedor ends his career fighting a pro wrestler after fighting in pride.

ron_bato

I just watched Gegard's post-fight scrum and I really love this outspoken version of mousasi. I wish he would have gotten the DC fight instead.

With hendo getting the title shot (lol), there's a bunch of interesting matchups to be made out there.

Id love for Robert Whittaker (or maybe Victor) to fight gegard, Weidman to fight jacare and Romero to fight rockhold.

It sucks that jacare keeps getting passed over though.

Barnett vs Lesnar is the money fight to make. Great fight for both fighters stylistically. A fight with 2 grapplers can be very exciting at times. It never goes where you think it goes.

If not Barnett than I think we should get Brock/Fedor.

nilbog21

Banned
So do we know what Jon Jones was taking? You guys think his team knows this stuff? lol

Sounds like self-sabotage cuz surely he was clean his other fights right?

bigkrev

Barnett vs Lesnar is the money fight to make. Great fight for both fighters stylistically. A fight with 2 grapplers can be very exciting at times. It never goes where you think it goes.

If not Barnett than I think we should get Brock/Fedor.

I think Vince might not want that fight because of the stuff Barnett does for NJPW

bud

tate vs. nunes was embarrassing.

there's no shame in losing, but to be completely defenseless that quickly? and without landing a punch? ouch.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Cain would kill Brock, I would be happy if Brock just left it at this. He's 39 and has nothing to prove, he has done so well considering all the obstacles. Just imagine if he had been training for this his whole life like a lot of guys and without any illness, he could have been the most dominant heavyweight ever.

nillah

Banned
Cain would kill Brock, I would be happy if Brock just left it at this. He's 39 and has nothing to prove, he has done so well considering all the obstacles. Just imagine if he had been training for this his whole life like a lot of guys and without any illness, he could have been the most dominant heavyweight ever.
He's about to take Randy fucking Orton to SUPLEX CITY.

The Beard

there's no shame in losing, but to be completely defenseless that quickly? and without landing a punch? ouch.

Yes it was. Besides Tate's toughness and like-able personality, she's nothing special, her stand up is poo. Last night she was in full self preservation after Nunes landed the first punch.

Nobody wanted to see another Tate vs Rousey rematch anyways, that would've been lame as hell. Nunes will be a much better matchup, that's if she's still champ when Rousey comes back.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Yes it was. Besides Tate's toughness and like-able personality, she's nothing special, her stand up is poo. Last night she was in full self preservation after Nunes landed the first punch.

Nobody wanted to see another Tate vs Rousey rematch anyways, that would've been lame as hell. Nunes will be a much better matchup, that's if she's still champ when Rousey comes back.
Agree. I felt Holly should have gotten the rematch, so I'm extremely happy how it went down.

ElyrionX

I didn't know she didn't land a punch lol wtf.

She tapped out really quick and it felt like she didn't even try. How do you rise so far up as a professional fighter and be so lacking in mental strength.

brentech

I didn't know she didn't land a punch lol wtf.

She tapped out really quick and it felt like she didn't even try. How do you rise so far up as a professional fighter and be so lacking in mental strength.
Pretty sure one of those early punches broke her nose or did something that caused her vision to get fucked up as well. She kept playing withher face and was swinging at shadows. She wasn't even looking at what she was trying to hit.
I've always thought Tate to be pretty tough, so I'm not buying that she simply took a basic punch and decided I'm out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ronda really doesn't need to reestablish herself. These paper champions after her are doing a good enough job of that.

I don't know why Dana put that as the main event. Does he think womens MMA is like Mega Man where you get someones poweers when you beat them?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Miesha's performance was pathetic and I'm pissed at Holly for losing to her. God dammit, Ronda come back please.
feedme.png

Wait....Dan Henderson is getting the next shot at MW...seriously? LOL ok.....

Sports entertainment. My good friend Heel was right all along.

Fitts

I'm ok with Bisping-Hendo II. Fuck it.. it's now or never. And hell, it doesn't even look that bad considering Rockhold just lost, Yoel's a cheat, Weidman just lost and shouldn't be allowed near a title until he can win a couple fights straight without getting injured, and isn't Jacare injured right now? If not that sucks for him, but if so the only guy getting passed over is Whittaker, and really I'd like to see him get a win against one of the aforementioned fighters before getting a crack.

So Hendo gets a shot based on legacy and past history with the champ. At least that's better than Sonnen coming off a loss to move up in weight and talk his way into a title fight with Jones. (and almost win by injury stoppage -- crazy fucking sport)

Paige VanZant is both hotter and tougher than Miesha confirmed.

manfestival

I feel like the womens bantamweight finally has a worthy fighter sitting at the top of the division. Nunes is getting my support from here on out.

Also super stoked that aldo came out a more controlled and refined beast rather than his super scary go fast and gas out in 3 rounds

After the Cowherd interview I wouldn't doubt it. Threw Jones entire team under the bus as total fucking morons.

You act like Dana has never been mad at someone before. Ultimately he goes where the money is, and if Bones can come back, that's a money fight. Dana doesn't have principles.

darscot

As a Canadian I think Brock can fuck off with the Canadian shit. He talked so much shit about Canada and our healthcare. Then turns around and moves here because this is we're wants to raise his kids. Guys embarrassing.

As a Canadian I think Brock can fuck off with the Canadian shit. He talked so much shit about Canada and our healthcare. Then turns around and moves here because this is we're wants to raise his kids. Guys embarrassing.

You can't blame a guy with medical problems to be mad when he doesn't get the treatment he is used to. I'm sure he's adjusting nicely.

darscot

You can't blame a guy with medical problems to be mad when he doesn't get the treatment he is used to. I'm sure he's adjusting nicely.
Except he went south didn't get any better headed back to Canada took advantage of that shit healthcare and got better. Now he is prancing around with the Maple Leaf acting like his usual arrogant ass self. Refusing to pose for a pic at the weigh ins. You want to drape that flag across you back act appropriately.

Except he went south didn't get any better headed back to Canada took advantage of that shit healthcare and got better. Now he is prancing around with the Maple Leaf acting like his usual arrogant ass self. Refusing to pose for a pick at the weigh ins. You want to drape that flag across you back act appropriately.

He's just poutine on an act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom