• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Covid: Africa travel restrictions over variant fear

Boss Mog

I didn't realise people who questioned Covid related things were automatically branded "antivaxxers".

thinking-face-apple.png

(Even when double vaccinated).
Question anything a certain group says about anything and they'll brand you the worst things imaginable. It's the new world order sadly.

Boss Mog

...a Nintendo fan?
While that's pretty bad, they usually prefer to go with "racist" in almost all cases. Example very relevant to the topic: Guy A does something for a good reason that has nothing to do with racism but guy B says it's extremely racist. Guy B, later confronted with a similar situation, decides to do exactly what guy A did but now it's good and not racist at all for some reason.

Jaysen

Banned
“They are making it up as they go”. No shit. It’s almost as if pandemics are hard to predict and plan for.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The various strands have peoples attention, considering Covid-19 was two years ago the pandemic gods said “Let their be variants!” you could see ratings dip on CNN after Trump left, they’re trying to hold onto peoples attention.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The various strands have peoples attention, considering Covid-19 was two years ago the pandemic gods said “Let their be variants!” you could see ratings dip on CNN after Trump left, they’re trying to hold onto peoples attention.

So... variants are being created to keep CNN's ratings up?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
That's.....not how any of this works though?

Rat Rage

Thanks capitalism! Thanks selfish politicians! The G20 should have made the patents for the covid vaccine free for everyone to use months ago. From the very beginning, people knew the pantemic can only be stopped through global actions, not indivdual hording of vaccines. This whole situation has been going on for way too long. It's absolutely pathetic how people in charge are dealing with this crisis. New variants will continue to emerge, making current vaccinations less to non effective. Vaccination producers keep on profiting from this idiocy, while the population and economy as a whole suffers and people continue to die.

Lanrutcon

So these travel restrictions are hitting people I know who wanted to visit family in the UK.

You know what they do? They find a travel agent who knows how to game the system. They book a ticket to some random loophole country, stay there for a night, then fly to the UK.

sinnergy

So these travel restrictions are hitting people I know who wanted to visit family in the UK.

You know what they do? They find a travel agent who knows how to game the system. They book a ticket to some random loophole country, stay there for a night, then fly to the UK.
Yes that’s very helpful to stop this pandemic.. but “me first” is the mentality .. if they are dead , they never see them again..

Great thinking 🤣

Nice to see most can’t look past 10 years , to the long term outcomes .

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Yes that’s very helpful to stop this pandemic.. but “me first” is the mentality .. if they are dead , they never see them again..

Great thinking 🤣

Nice to see most can’t look past 10 years , to the long term outcomes .

Yeah, you're right. I might never see them again. So if I were given a choice between breaking the travel ban to see my family who may not even be alive next year and sitting at home so some foreigners can feel better? Oh, and ending up in a country with a better standard of healthcare if I do get sick? Wow. Hard choice. Do I collect my top hat and monocle after my flight lands or how does this work?

The Skull

A fire made of shit?

Here are the numbers for December 2. As a bonus, there are the remaining trends in comparison with the other waves.

It is important to know that only one province, Gauteng, is really affected so far.

YW0e1Nn.png

hwvSwgn.jpg
Fair enough! Send him that data will you 🤣.

sinnergy

No Way Omg GIF by Lifetime
So lockdowns, masks, distance , vaccines ..

amazing insights, the sky is blue , the sun yellow.

Smoke6

Thing is, people who braggs about saying that the government is the evil, that wants to end freedom and wants people fucked up wont ever change opinion.

Sure, the government are not saints, but as in everything, the truth is in the grays.

If I must take a shot every 6 months to give my two cents to the global health, i do it, even if I think im sucking farma's dicks.
I just help as I can and move on with my life.

Better preventing, that having the chance to fuck someone up because my ideology.
So you get jabbed, get sick from it or still pass it on to someone else…would your perspective change then?

because that’s exactly what’s going on now out here as I know quite a few personally that have gotten the shots and still got sick and even one died. It’s scary man and no other vaccine I’ve ever taken required a booster shot

Top Bottom