• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Spades

Well, I need the usual, Rosalina and Mack. :) for trading I now have villager, Shulk, DDD, Meta Knight, Pit, WFT, Falcon and the other semi rare ones.

Dash, I also have the trio for you.

My shopping spree here is nearing the end here!

Any chance of getting hold of another MK?! :)

Gagaman

Thanks Argos! Pre-ordered mega man and King Dedede amiibos from them over a month ago and after hearing nothing about them being shipped I'm told in store they were cancelled the day after I pre-ordered them but was never told! Apparently the supplier just flat out told Argos they won't be getting any!

I have Pac man and Ness pre-ordered with GAME and Wario pre-ordered with Nintendo. Bloody worried they'll mess those up too now.

I'm not collecting them all, I just want some favorites, and even pre-ordering is a complete gamble. Now I'll probably never get these two unless I paid up the arse for them which I don't want to do.

EmiPrime

Uhh wow, my MK and Shulk order with Fnac is being readied for dispatch. I won't believe it until they are in my possession.

kubus

So jealous of all of you that can get Shulk/MK/DDD in stores :(.

I haven't even SEEN one in real life yet, lol

I really hope the local store here will get them later this week and they didn't lose my phone number/forget to call me.

jj70

Neo Member
Finally an European Thread - here in Italy sonic and megaman can easily be found - no trace for shulk, megaman or meta knight. Hope there was some delivery problem. Will continue looking for them around. Nintendo should start selling them for themselves directly to customer: close your videogames studio and start making only amiibos :D

Well, I need the usual, Rosalina and Mack. :) for trading I now have villager, Shulk, DDD, Meta Knight, Pit, WFT, Falcon and the other semi rare ones.

Ah I have a spare Mac to trade but the box is a bit screwed. Unless you don't care as plan on opening him, then let's do business.

paulrobinbrown

Neo Member
Anybody tried Argos today for Shulk/MK/DDD?

I managed to complete a MK/DDD delivery order around 12:00PM, had to pay an extra £3.95 for postage but scheduled for tomorrow. I previously ordered these from Argos when they put them up early but they just cancelled / refunded me. I will only believe it when they're in my grubby hands!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

OMG!!! :'-)

I can't believe it... is this real life?!

Laffer

I need Rosalina, Little Mac and Pit.
I hope Nintendo will restock these, as it's getting almost impossible to get them at retail price. I've been actively trying to get them since day one.

paulrobinbrown

Neo Member
Here is the confirmation email:

5QEts1R.png

I ended up contacting their support through chat and changing the delivery to tomorrow.

eltercero

Anyone do business with them in the past? Concerned about the packaging. I have had experience with some stores shipping amiibo in plastic bags..

This is the first time I buy from them, but in the checkout they say they use hard packages, not bags.

paulrobinbrown

Neo Member
How long was it up for? So mad I missed it...

Seemed like only half an hour or so, I caught it before it went up on one of the Amiibo alert Twitter accounts. I've had Argos, Toys R Us and Tesco tabs open all day and just refresh them occasionally. They've gotta get some store stock in soon too...

Wave 3b finally brought some amiibo madness to Europe. I only wanted Megaman and Shulk but Shulk was a real pain to find(Denmark). Called a TRU which had one Shulk left and had them put it aside for me. He then asked me what was so special about this Shulk figure. Anyway, I get to the shop and get my shulk. On the shelves they have 3 x rosalina, 3 x meta knight, 1 x villager. Although having no interest in any of them I ended up buying villager for the sole purpose of having something to trade with in future situations.

MicH

Wave 3b finally brought some amiibo madness to Europe. I only wanted Megaman and Shulk but Shulk was a real pain to find(Denmark). Called a TRU which had one Shulk left and had them put it aside for me. He then asked me what was so special about this Shulk figure. Anyway, I get to the shop and get my shulk. On the shelves they have 3 x rosalina, 3 x meta knight, 1 x villager. Although having no interest in any of them I ended up buying villager for the sole purpose of having something to trade with in future situations.
Was it the TRU in Field's? I called them about Shulk too so maybe that was why :lol Good to see you got him though

Kyonashi

Seemed like only half an hour or so, I caught it before it went up on one of the Amiibo alert Twitter accounts. I've had Argos, Toys R Us and Tesco tabs open all day and just refresh them occasionally. They've gotta get some store stock in soon too...

Make a post here next time! :p

paulrobinbrown

Neo Member
Make a post here next time! :p

Yes sorry, I processed the order on my phone during lunch and they were not available when I got back to my PC. I still won't believe it until I see them - had issues with Argos before.

Has anyone found any good Amiibo display stands / cases? Most of the ones in the general thread were not available in the UK. I haven't really got the space for the full height Ikea unit. I need something wider like the baseball bat cases people were posting.

Koren

Pre-ordered all of wave 4 there just now. Thanks! :)
Amiibo hunting is now a job per se:

- spend dozens of hours looking for shops that allow preorders (and miss most of them)
- spend even more dozen of hours pressing F5 in the Amiibos GAF threads
- re-learn several languages you hadn't spoken since high school
- place orders, wondering whether you should split an order in several parts or not
- work additional hours to pay for all this, including shipping costs
- loose sleep when thinking about shipping damages and parcels loss
- enrage because canceled pre-orders
- when you're lucky, receive them and have nightmare about opening the packaging (or not) without too much damage
- and since you've placed three pre-orders in hope to receive at least one, deal with the issue of reselling* duplicates or trading them...

* at cost to GAFfers, if possible ;)

Koren

It's German, but they ship (+10€) to many european countries.
France is missing, but what's curious is the fact that there's "Europa" in the list.

I wonder if I can put Frankreich alongside the town and putting Europa as the country... I doubt the cost of shipping is wrong, and I don't see what is the use for "Europa"... that's probably not the jovian moon...

So some of you guys might remember that I ordered a strange item that appeared as part of a glitch on Nintendo UK's store on Friday. The item was called "customer service" and cost £10.99. I was expecting the order to get cancelled but was very surprised when it shipped, especially since I had no idea what it was.

It arrived today. And....

Yep. A Dedede Amiibo. With no pre-order. From the official Nintendo UK store. Haven't these been out of stock on the store the whole time? This is really weird.

Luckily I don't have this guy so I'll probably keep him. It's got a funny story attached now, too.

Kyonashi

So some of you guys might remember that I ordered a strange item that appeared as part of a glitch on Nintendo UK's store on Friday. The item was called "customer service" and cost £10.99. I was expecting the order to get cancelled but was very surprised when it shipped, especially since I had no idea what it was.

DJ1NTXj.jpg

Yep. A Dedede Amiibo. With no pre-order. From the official Nintendo UK store. Haven't these been out of stock on the store the whole time? This is really weird.

Luckily I don't have this guy so I'll probably keep him. It's got a funny story attached now, too.

Hahaha, no way! I was tempted but didn't have the balls like you. Guess it paid off!

MicH

DJ1NTXj.jpg

That's hilarious and awesome! Dedede is really hard to find, so that's pretty cool

Hahaha, no way! I was tempted but didn't have the balls like you. Guess it paid off!

Definitely. I'd been looking around a bit for Dedede so I really really got lucky! I saw the Amiibo logo and instantly went "oh god, it's a Mario isn't it, what an anticlimax..." hahaha.

Zomba13

http://i.imgur.com/DJ1NTXj.jpg[IMG]

Luckily I don't have this guy so I'll probably keep him. It's got a funny story attached now, too.[/QUOTE]

Well Dedede prides himself on great quality customer service.

TheMoon

B-i8A_1IgAAENHd.jpg:orig

@NintendoAmerica 3m3 minutes ago

Three colorful #amiibo, one colorful game. Pick up Kirby and the Rainbow Curse in stores and in the #eShop on #WiiU.

So that's what "proper" versions of those amiibo should look like. No black smudges on MK and the planks on the hammer are all properly painted.

Cappa

Banned
yikes... I really didn't want to get started with this Amiibo stuff... I bought a Lucario yesterday and an Ike today... and now I want more. :(

Hobohodo

My brain is ever the optimist. Was sorting out delivery today and initially misread '1 Amiibo Sheik' as '1 Amiibo Shulk'.

Do love the fact that our first delivery since the new wave of Amiibo's and all we get is 1 Sheik and 2 Pikachu, yet the Argos down the road at least got some MegaMan and Sonic in stock.

Welp, that escalated quickly. I was barely able to carry the stuff. Also spent a ton on gas, but at least no money went so scalpers:

sam_148849s2a.jpg

Single ones and one villager are for my collection. (For some weird reason Zelda is really hard to find here) Dash is getting a set of DDD, Shulk and MK. Couldn't find another Meta for Spades, but I will keep my eyes open.

I'd love to trade villager, Shulk, MK, DDD, etc. for Rosalina or Mack. If that should not be enough for you I could maybe add something else on top.

Ah I have a spare Mac to trade but the box is a bit screwed. Unless you don't care as plan on opening him, then let's do business.

Could you send me a pic? I am a bit iffy when it comes to the packaging.

Who are you looking to trade for? I have a second Lucina on pre-order for trading purposes.

I still have hopes of getting wave 4 in store, so for now I am really only looking for Mack and Rosa.

Holy shit!!! You should post that in the US thread too, they deserve to know. :D

Top Bottom