• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

At least you got them sorted in the end dude.

Did they say why they were only honouring 2 out of 5 originally?

It was this on the email...

We are sorry part of your recent order has been cancelled due a problem with your payment.

Then they said it seemed like a problem with my debit card when I rang them up. Called bullshit on that as Bowser who I also pre-ordered early january as part of the same order arrived on time using the exact same card and I also pointed out to them that Sonic and Megaman should've also been cancelled if that was the case as I pre-ordered them all at the exact same time with that card. Also my balance hadn't dipped below the hundreds mark for months so I knew the balance was also more than enough to pay for them when they shipped, so my balance wasn't an issue either.

That was when I got the whole "Oh we can re-order them for you but they'll be at the new price of £15, sorry" bait and switch. I didn't back down and eventually she had to hand me over to her team leader who then passed me through to an employee who knew what on earth he was doing, and didn't try to rip me off.

shiyrley

Banned
For once, I'm actually very happy I live in Denmark.

ic28vKdh.jpg
Hey. A close friend of mine really, really wants a Meta Knight. It would be awesome if you could send it to him, in Madrid (Spain), of course he would pay you immediately via paypal. If you can do this, send me a PM or something!

Of course if you don't want to do it, it's fine. But I must try, right?

Bazry

I'm only really worrying about Meta Knight from this wave after picking up a King Dedede, Shulk must surely be restocked in the next month or so with Xenoblade 3D coming out and he being the only Amiibo supported for that game. I know this is Nintendo, but it would be crazy to not have any stock of the only supported Amiibo in their first New 3DS exclusive game

Saiyan-Rox

the lack of stores here that have amiibo is disturbing. having to rely on online sellers but finding a shulk is just annoying as hell

Zalman

Holy shit!!!

If they have extra Shulk, MK, DDD, is it possible you could get them for me? I'll pay the total cost and shipping of course (I live in the Netherlands).

Totally understand if you're not up for it, but I'm getting desperate now, lol.
Hey. A close friend of mine really, really wants a Meta Knight. It would be awesome if you could send it to him, in Madrid (Spain), of course he would pay you immediately via paypal. If you can do this, send me a PM or something!

Of course if you don't want to do it, it's fine. But I must try, right?
I would love to help you guys, but the thing is, the standard retail price for these things is really high here (about 20.10 Euros), and I have no idea how much shipping would end up being. I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. If you're still interested, send me a PM and I'll look into it.

Bazry

My King Dedede has arrived from Amazon.de and one of the corners on the cardboard is bent. Whoever packed it put the figure face down with a bit of paper to fill the rest of the box, it did nothing to stop any weight from above damaging the contents :(

I should just be happy I got one though

I'm only really worrying about Meta Knight from this wave after picking up a King Dedede, Shulk must surely be restocked in the next month or so with Xenoblade 3D coming out and he being the only Amiibo supported for that game. I know this is Nintendo, but it would be crazy to not have any stock of the only supported Amiibo in their first New 3DS exclusive game

Well, Meta Knight, Kirby and King Dedede are all compatible with the new Kirby game, right? I don't know what they do in the game, but it would be really stupid if Nintendo won't make more of those.

So Shulk and MegaMan was delivered this morning. So glad I never cancelled after getting their email.

I also have an extra WFT to swap with someone later on down the line.

kubus

I would love to help you guys, but the thing is, the standard retail price for these things is really high here (about 20.10 Euros), and I have no idea how much shipping would end up being. I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. If you're still interested, send me a PM and I'll look into it.
I'm okay with paying that for the amiibo, just checked Post Danmark and it says shipping a parcel to the Netherlands costs €28..... I'm not looking at a courier service or something right? Lol

Really appreciate you're willing to do this, but if the total amounts to ~€70 for just 2 amiibo then I think I'm gonna have to look elsewhere. Thanks though!

Laffer

So whats the deal with Mac now? Are we forced to buy at scalper prices or have there been reports of some trickling in stock?

Nintendo said they were making more amiibos of those who were popular, demanded or sold out fast. I think those will be Mac and Rosalina. There's hope :)

Aw man...screw it! Just made an impulse purchase (I should be studying right now) and ordered a Captain Falcon amiibo and "Atomos" by A Winged victory for the sullen...

Tomorrow I'm going to Frankfurt to see if I can hunt down Shulk. (Who am I kidding!?)

ic28vKdh.jpg

Fuck Nintendo Denmark (or Nintendo Germany, however manages this place), this and the Saturn photo...
For fucks sake Nintendo, is Denmark really having 50% of all of europe's amiibos, because it really looks so.
Worst distribution ever.

Spades

Nintendo said they were making more amiibos of those who were popular, demanded or sold out fast. I think those will be Mac and Rosalina. There's hope :)

It's hard to be optimistic when Nintendo are concerned - especially after the Wave 4 stock shambles.

MicH

Fuck Nintendo Denmark (or Nintendo Germany, however manages this place), this and the Saturn photo...
For fucks sake Nintendo, is Denmark really having 50% of all of europe's amiibos, because it really looks so.
Worst distribution ever.
Hahahaha

No. We don't get a lot of stock in Denmark. There's just absolutely no demand for Amiibo. Why else would their still be Marth and Villager Amiibo on the shelves? Hint: it's not magical restockings. Some stores have complete stopped receiving new Amiibo because they can't get rid of those they already have

Dommel

Bol.com just cancelled my King Dedede & Meta Knight pre-orders :(

I also have them preordered at Fnac but have even less faith in them then I did in bol.com.

This isn't looking good, anyone up for a road trip to Denmark this weekend? :D

Koren

No. We don't get a lot of stock in Denmark. There's just absolutely no demand for Amiibo. Why else would their still be Marth and Villager Amiibo on the shelves? Hint: it's not magical restockings. Some stores have complete stopped receiving new Amiibo because they can't get rid of those they already have
Most shops here have stopped ordering Amiibos, but the couple that still do sell-out of the uncommons in 30s on the random day they receive new ones.

So while the demand may be low enough that only some video game shops still bother (and maybe Toys'R us, but I'm not even sure since I haven't seen a 3b there in their huge stock), Nintendo still can't provide more than 2-3 amiibos to the shops that want them (some shop would gladly order two dozen because they know they would sell them).

Does anyone have an idea when we could expect the wave 4 pre-orders on amazon.de. Or have they already sold out?
I don't think they came up yet, but I was offline at the beginning of the week (and missed Amazon.fr preorders T_T ) so I may have missed them.

Ashler

Just passed by an Auchan in France. I was quite surprised to see so many of the new Amiibo:

442A7A22-E7C6-4EF3-88A5-B8A510B01534_zpsedubv73w.jpg

I counted about 5 Shulks, Dedede, Mega Man and Sonic. Just Meta Knight wasnt't there.

Inotti

I visited two different (finnish) Toys R Us stores this week and here are my pickups:

IMG_0091.jpg

Imo not bad at all. :3 And didn't have to give any money to scalpers.

so after having secured a MK and a D3, what are the next Amiibos to watch out for now? I mean the probably hard to get ones? Wave 4 is still a ways off isn't it?

Went to Saturn after work and low and behold, i took the last King DDD and Meta Knight. No Shulks there, but got one in the mail yesterday.

So i´m good for now........ until the next wave launches.

Hahahaha

Really?
Seems the only country that doesnt want amiibos then. No much Nintendo fans in denmark?

No Amiibo in the post today...

4ymZL4N.jpg

But my sweet N3DS Cover Plates arrived!

Awesome face plate. Toys R Us have an awesome OR/AS face plate set.

ic28vKdh.jpg

Yeah I am salty.

So let't take on-line out of the equation.

What's the best place in London to go find Amiibos?

All the big named places. Toys R Us, Argos, GAME... :/
Has anyone in UK found Amiibo in small independent shops before or is it just the big chain stores that sell them?

All the big ones. I would expect all the small ones are run by morons who'll put the price up.

Zalman

I'm okay with paying that for the amiibo, just checked Post Danmark and it says shipping a parcel to the Netherlands costs €28..... I'm not looking at a courier service or something right? Lol

Really appreciate you're willing to do this, but if the total amounts to ~€70 for just 2 amiibo then I think I'm gonna have to look elsewhere. Thanks though!
Yeah, I thought it would be something like that. A crazy amount of money to pay for shipping.

Really?
Seems the only country that doesnt want amiibos then. No much Nintendo fans in denmark?
People obviously know about Nintendo, but as far as "hardcore fans" go there aren't many. Not a lot of people are willing to spend money on these, especially considering that they are ridiculously priced here. Not even comparable to Skylanders/Disney Infinity.

Denmark is barely getting anything. The reason why you can still find rare ones like Marth and Villager here is that nobody cares.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Windom Earle you're da man!
Thank you so much mate, so happy, can't wait to get my package! Seriously tho, Amiibo-GAF is full of awesome people, loving it.

Ashler

Yeah, i'm in too deep with waves 1,2 and 3 completed. I've got wave 4 and Mario party wave 1 pre-ordered, so there's really no going back now.

I just hope that they stop releasing waves somewhere along the line!!!

I just hope that they stop releasing waves somewhere along the line!!!

I want a total of 6 more, but if they release the two that I want in the same wave (DHD and Mr G&W), I'm considering skipping on Olimar, ZSS, Ganondorf and ROB due to the damn stress.

Please let me rest...

Top Bottom