• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Just beat this and think it is easily better than Uncharted 4. The pacing is excellent, story is great and the balance between combat, platforming, and puzzle solving is perfect.

The final few chapters are jaw-dropping, and the ending is so much more satisfying than Uncharted 4's was. I'm going to say it is the best finale of any of the Uncharted games.

Epic stuff. If you are on the fence, I highly recommend.

Grisby

Chloe's Theme is one of the more memorable tracks for me. Although I think both TLL and UC4 pale in comparison to Greg's work.

Reunion from UC2 is still the series's best track in my opinion. Outside of Nate's theme.
But yet XboxGAF is jumping up and down for seeing Lara in 4K on Xbox One X.

I'm like... You guys do rememeber that one of the biggest problems with the Lara Croft reboot games is her as a character???
This is kind of a weird post. I imagine they're excited to see the graphics...in a thread about the graphics.

Mediking

Just climb out.

I keep pressing X everywhere but nothing happens...

This is kind of a weird post. I imagine they're excited to see the graphics...in a thread about the graphics.

I meant like.... what's the point the being excited to see the graphics of a boring game? But then I realize that graphics is actually one of the Rise's biggest bragging rights and I'm like... ohhhh...

psychotron

This game is a lot more fun for me than Uncharted 4. I'm actually using stealth, and finding myself wanting to rather than shootouts.

Also, this game is drop dead gorgeous on a Pro with HDR. I'm consistently blown away by the lighting and textures. Not to mention the scale of it. Kudos to you Naughty Dog!

Chris R

BEST ending for any Uncharted game yet.

Should have been a little shorter $15 standalone game with no multiplayer stuff but whatever, short enough for me to power through it in one day from Redbox.

VanWinkle

Finally finished the open world section. Spent three hours on it and loved every second. I was a bit frustrated a couple hours in that there was no way to know where you are on the map, until my wife showed me that there in fact was, lol. The red arrow is WAAAAY too hard for me to see without squinting or getting close to the TV.

So fun though. Beautiful and full of cool puzzles and combat scenarios.

Lyonaz

Just finished the game, amazing game with a fantastic cast. It took me longer to finish, because I started on Crushing and did the sidequests.
Also the whole ending sequence was fantastic with a great boss battle. I think UC2 and this might be my favourites of the series. Pacing was on point.

I hope for more Chloe and friends in the future.

Alchemist

Chloe's absence from Uncharted 4 really made me forget how awesome the character is.

Just finished Chapter 2 and can't wait to jump back in tomorrow.

Holy shit @ that whole ending sequence. Hypest shit ever. Lost Legacy makes a strong case for best Uncharted since 2 for sure. I really like the story and expansive globe-trotting adventure feel of 4, but I think this one definitely tops it in pacing, set-pieces, and the core gameplay components are put to better use.

I wouldn't say no to more of these $40 Uncharted stand alone titles from Naughty Dog in between major releases. I'm certainly down for more Chloe and Nadine if they aren't feelin a young Sully 80's adventure.

Holy shit @ that whole ending sequence. Hypest shit ever. Lost Legacy makes a strong case for best Uncharted since 2 for sure. I really like the story and expansive globe-trotting adventure feel of 4, but I think this one definitely tops it in pacing, set-pieces, and the core gameplay components are put to better use.

I wouldn't say no to more of these $40 Uncharted stand alone titles from Naughty Dog in between major releases. I'm certainly down for more Chloe and Nadine if they aren't feelin a young Sully 80's adventure.

I agree completely. Best Uncharted since number 2. The ending sequence had my jaw on the floor. Better than any set piece in Uncharted 4, and the boss battle was much more satisfying.

I'd have been happy spending $60 for this one.

9.5/10

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
just finished in 2 sittings lol. i still prefer 4 and 2 over LL but holy shit this was better than i expected.

how is Naughty Dog so damn good at this?

btkadams

I had a great time with this, but I feel a little confused about the game’s length. My game clock is 5:44:26, but I played on normal and died an embarrassing amount of times (lol). Didn’t people say this was like 9 or 10 hours? Were they on higher difficulties or collecting everything?

Great game though.

jb1234

I had a great time with this, but I feel a little confused about the game’s length. My game clock is 5:44:26, but I played on normal and died an embarrassing amount of times (lol). Didn’t people say this was like 9 or 10 hours? Were they on higher difficulties or collecting everything?

Great game though.

It took me eight hours on normal. It appears to depend on how much time you spent on Chapter 4. I ended up getting all the tokens so it added a couple of hours to the total time.

leng jai

Playing this on hard and the encounter design is pretty bad. Feels like guys just come out of nowhere half the time and you can easily get overwhelmed in a few seconds.

BashNasty

Great game though.

People, as a general rule, tend to lightly inflate game lengths when talking about them, particularly if it's a game they like. I'm not quite done with the game yet, but if I had to guess my completion time will be close to yours.

Bandit1

Just finished, holy crap that ending sequence was amazing. I think I would have to say the best setpiece in the series. Overall I still prefer 4, but The Lost Legacy is really great.

Y'know what, I'd go so far as saying The Lost Legacy not only has the best home stretch in the series, but is the first time Uncharted has built to a crescendo I actually want to replay. I've never cared for the last few chapters of any of the other games, but this one peaks at just the right time and sustains that energy right to the credits.

I still think this game is one more location and one more major set-piece from realistically challenging UC2, but there's something to be said for a focused campaign that climaxes and kicks you out.

leng jai

How is it that 6 games later ND really haven't improved the traversal at all? Sure they've added stuff like swings but at its core it's still as contrived as ever. Every climbing section is just comical at this point, it's like they aren't even trying anymore. Every random random character is basically a master climber and none of them even wear gloves for crying out loud.

TP-DK

Is the jeep supposed to be silent? It feels so weird driving around with no engine sound and basically all quoet except for when there's dialogue.

leng jai

Is the jeep supposed to be silent? It feels so weird driving around with no engine sound and basically all quoet except for when there's dialogue.

The mixing on the jeep is just soft, sounds the same as the base game. It should be noisy AF by the look of it.

autoduelist

Playing this on hard and the encounter design is pretty bad. Feels like guys just come out of nowhere half the time and you can easily get overwhelmed in a few seconds.

I just finished my first playthrough [on Crushing] today. Guys do not just come out of nowhere. Ever.

Roussow

Had a great time with the game, although I didn't enjoy the later enemy encounters as much as I enjoyed pretty much any of the encounters in chapter 4, with the exception of the few encounters with the
inclusion of vehicles, with the APC and Helicopter,
or the final chapter, which was also a blast. Fortunately there aren't too many fights beyond that.

I favored stealth pretty overwhelmingly over going loud as much as I could, I tell you though, that silenced pistol is actually pretty difficult to use, at a distance the crosshair is pretty big, making headshots unlikely, plus even in tall grass you barely have time to peak before being spotted. You're almost best off just burning three shots on every enemy using body shots, each shot you land resets the timing for you being spotted too, which helps.

Wabba

Just finished, prefer Uncharted 2 and 4, but this was a sleeper hit. Incredible to think that they made this in just a little year. Can't wait to see what they have in store for The Last of Us Part II.

I just finished my first playthrough [on Crushing] today. Guys do not just come out of nowhere. Ever.

actually they do. I noticed one guy just appear out of thin air on the level with the
mirrors

I agree completely. Best Uncharted since number 2. The ending sequence had my jaw on the floor. Better than any set piece in Uncharted 4, and the boss battle was much more satisfying.

I'd have been happy spending $60 for this one.

9.5/10

Yeah the ending sequence is baller. As mentioned; when I replayed it, it was suprisingly even better.
swinging from the destroyed train cabin to where asav and chloe was
gave me holy fucking shit vibes. Just insanely good

steven28

Naughty dog need to win some awards for their environment design,holy shit are the environments stunning,the detail is incredible.

Shin-Ra

Just finished, prefer Uncharted 2 and 4, but this was a sleeper hit. Incredible to think that they made this in just a little year. Can't wait to see what they have in store for The Last of Us Part II.
TLoU2ellieshake.gif

Next-level gibbing.

Finished. It was even better than I thought it would be (and I love Uncharted). Enjoyable story and character moments, awesome set pieces, and some interesting new puzzles, which are probably the best in the series, Uncharted 4 still has the better story though.

The semi open world was the weakest part for me, not that it was bad by any means, I just thought the game got even better after it.

Overall, it's easily in my top 3 for the series, along with Uncharted 2 and 4, I'd totally be down for another Chloe and Nadine adventure.

LiK

Replayed on Crushing. Not even infinite ammo could save you from how quickly you can die in some spots. Not as frustrating as parts of UC4 tho.

Venuspower

This made me laugh tonight.

https://youtu.be/ZlCzb0Cgf5c

Had some weird glitches too.
My favourite so far (killed the first two enemies):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxeakGM8Nfw

Replayed on Crushing. Not even infinite ammo could save you from how quickly you can die in some spots. Not as frustrating as parts of UC4 tho.

Definitely. I am really satisfied with the difficulties in TLL.
Especially with crushing. Totally worth playing it. Not like UC4 which had a lot of spots where luck was more important than skill while playing on crushing. TLL is really well balanced. Sure at has some really hard spots (e.g. APC fight). But it is far away from being unfair.

I have started my first playthrough on crushing. After beating it I switched to explorer to get some sweet trophies. It was really funny to see the differences between these modes. While one mistake on crushing gets you spotted explorer really supports the player if he is not that experienced. Same goes for the other difficulties. Eventhough I did not feel a big difference between explorer and easy.

The only really bad thing in the game is the auto-aim. I mean seriously. With the silenced pistol the aim goes straight to the head. Thats the most stupid auto-aim I have ever seen. IMHO that aim should support the player if he is not that good in aiming. But doing 99,99% of the work by pressing one button? Whats next? Aiming + Shooting while pressing one button? Or even better: How about a "cinematic playthrough difficulty" where the game plays itself and the player can sit right in front of the TV without touching the controller.
Ok. Just kidding with the last point.

holygeesus

Banned
Really have to nit-pick at this point, but Nadine definitely got in my way a few times during the last level, specifically when
running to escape the falling train right at the end, resulting in a few death-falls

That aside, certainly my favourite UC since 2.

Y'know what, I'd go so far as saying The Lost Legacy not only has the best home stretch in the series, but is the first time Uncharted has built to a crescendo I actually want to replay. I've never cared for the last few chapters of any of the other games, but this one peaks at just the right time and sustains that energy right to the credits.

I still think this game is one more location and one more major set-piece from realistically challenging UC2, but there's something to be said for a focused campaign that climaxes and kicks you out.

It's kinda crazy to me that this is the first time in the series they decided to end on their huge set-piece rather than putting it at the midpoint of the game.

No offense to Nadine and Laura Baeley but this game should have been Chloe only.

And not have any character interactions or banter for 90% of the game? Then what would even be the point of having Chloe if she's silent most of the time lol

Venuspower

No offense to Nadine and Laura Baeley but this game should have been Chloe only.

I do not think that the game could work without Nadine.
The tension between
Nadine and Sam
would not be there.
Some funny dialogs would be missing and the dispute between
Nadine and Chloe
would not be there too.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
How is it that 6 games later ND really haven't improved the traversal at all? Sure they've added stuff like swings but at its core it's still as contrived as ever. Every climbing section is just comical at this point, it's like they aren't even trying anymore. Every random random character is basically a master climber and none of them even wear gloves for crying out loud.
Youre taking a treasure hunt game that involves giant lost cities too serious lol

Is it just me or are the combat arenas in this game not as stellar as Uncharted 4's? I feel like UC4 had a lot more options with swinging and the areas were amazing for mixing up style. Lost legacy is good in this area but I still felt more pinned to the ground. Was I just not taking full advantage??

Is it just me or are the combat arenas in this game not as stellar as Uncharted 4's? I feel like UC4 had a lot more options with swinging and the areas were amazing for mixing up style. Lost legacy is good in this area but I still felt more pinned to the ground. Was I just not taking full advantage??

I think Uncharted 4's arenas were a little better overall as well. The typically had a lot more multilayered structures to climb on, whereas Lost Legacy's fights usually had about 2 floors. 4 also made better use of the slides in combat. But LL still has pretty great combat zones and there were definitely some standout encounters like the one where you could rope swing in a loop from like 5 different points.

kpaadet

Just finished the game, really liked it. That ending sequence is hands down the best set piece in any Uncharted game, very impressed with what ND managed to create in so little time. Can't wait to see what TLOU2 looks like.

I'd like to point out one thing from Chapter 5:

When Asav took down Nadine, I was like, "Um... I can't beat him, can I?"
Because I know I got maybe one hit on Nadine total in UC4. xD~~

dralla

People, as a general rule, tend to lightly inflate game lengths when talking about them, particularly if it's a game they like. I'm not quite done with the game yet, but if I had to guess my completion time will be close to yours.

It tells you exactly how long you played in the bonus menu so there's no need to estimate.

Took me just over 8 hours my first time through. Not sure how it can be beaten that fast unless you rush through chapter 4 and ignore all its optional content, which I would highly advise against because you'll miss out on tons of dialogue between Chloe and Nadine that helps flesh out their characters and builds their relationship.

TripOpt55

Totally agree. The arena designs in 4 were incredible. Thinking back on things like the dormitories in Scotland and the PSX demo area in Chapter 13 and so on. They had all these layers to them and tunnels underneath with slides and swings used better than in LL. LL has some good ones for sure but not on 4's level to me.

Top Bottom