• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

CHC

Is it just me or are the combat arenas in this game not as stellar as Uncharted 4's? I feel like UC4 had a lot more options with swinging and the areas were amazing for mixing up style. Lost legacy is good in this area but I still felt more pinned to the ground. Was I just not taking full advantage??

I don't know, I thought it was at least on par. I thought the
train yard
section in Chapter 8 was one of the best arenas in the whole UC4 / LL saga.

Vidal

After selling my PS4 end of last year, I got a Pro and Lost Legacy.

HOLY COW! (hint hint)

This game is better than Uncharted 4. And playing this a 4k TV and HDR... Next gen is here folks! (Not really, but it looks incredible, can't wait to see what ND will do for The Last of Us 2).

Zaki2407

Finished the game just now. Wow, ND is on another level. Played it on standard PS4 and I still can't believe that PS4 can do these graphics. Bring on TLOU part 2!!!

dEvAnGeL

This game shows how important is the art direction in videogames, despite being technically identically to U4 this game looks so much better IMO, after i finished it i went back to play U4 and while U4 looks phenomenal to no ones surprise it looks kinda dull and boring, it also might be that the TLL uses a different color palette to U4 and that really helps the engine shine through.

I'm on Chapter 8 I think.

I haven't seen anything that looks better than UC4, tbh. No set pieces on the level of anything from UC4 (in fact, only a couple set pieces that I remember), but I keep hearing good things about something near the end, so I'm sure I'll know it when I play it.

The above sounds like a downer, but I think this is a very good game overall. I like lockpicking for better weapons, and I think the C4 is a nice touch. I just haven't seen anything that matches the lauds given by some on GAF yet besides the puzzles being very good. I hope to be proven wrong, though.

Just made it to chapter 5 and I already have played over 5 hours lol; I spent way too much time in chapter 4. This game is phenomenal and everything that Uncharted 4 should have been. Playing on a Pro in 4K HDR is bliss.

iratA

Yep just finished this today and couldn't believe how good this was. MORE spin off stories in the Uncharted Universe please ND. This game is proof of how good it can be done, and I'll echo what others have requested about a Sully focused story.

Overall, this game fits the typical Uncharted formula (platforming, combat, exploration, puzzle) together in one of the best ways yet. It gets the mix really well and the silenced pistol makes for an awesome addition that doesn't feel OP.

I loved the pacing and level design through most of the game, however the OCD in me meant I couldn't push forward past the open world region until I had completed everything. I felt like it did affect the flow/pacing a little bit. But here is the thing, it was my choice to stay and linger doing optional stuff. I don't know if I'd change it, I loved these more open sections because they allowed for some more rewarding exploration. So its a trade off then, regardless, there was only one area of its kind in the game.

Amazing game though and easily one of ND's greatest efforts since Uncharted 2. Loved the setting and art poured into this game. Also love how ND wasn't tempted to do flashbacks, or young Chloe, or a drugged character section, or anything else that could potentially mess with the pacing on this one, bar the open world bit of course, which at least had its own merits.

9/10

Loving the scenery and open world aspect, especially in 4k, but not sure how I feel about the main characters. Nadine was like the bad guy in previous games, playing with her as one of the main protagonists feels wrong to me, and not want to like her character

Mik2121

Finished the game after 8:30h and oh man was it great. Amazing art direction as always, and the lighting was beautifully executed (same as in Uncharted 4). The environments were beautiful and while the locations didn't change country-wise, there was a very nice pace of different nature and ruins.

I felt like the puzzles in this game were the best ones in the series. Some more than others, obviously, but overall impression was great.
Personally the only thing I didn't notice much was the soundtrack, which I really enjoyed in Uncharted 4. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention?

Assuming that the next thing we get is TLOU2 and then probably some DLC for it, I wonder if we'll get some smaller expansion like this or they'll jump into the next IP instead (which I guess they got cooking already).

Credits rolling.
That scene mid credits was perfect.

Easily the best Uncharted game, can't believe I just typed that. Wow.

The last level is god tier. Then you remember that they basically made this game in a year.

olcoEjp.gif

Chloe thinks your armor is shit :p

Just beat it. God damn, that was amazing. ND does it again.

UC4 is still my favorite UC game due to a couple of reasons, but it's hard to deny that this is my second favorite, if not tied with UC2 at the least.

Just beat it. God damn, that was amazing. ND does it again.

I think this is easily my favorite game in the series. Chloe and Nadine are great together, and it seems like they cut out a lot of the fat that hampered UC4. I'll probably give it another playthrough just for fun, and to clean up some of the combat trophies.

gdt

Man, how fucking good was this?

It was amazing! I did not expect it to be this awesome.

It was decently lengthy too, 9hrs on my end. What a fantastic game.

hollomat

Banned
Just finished it. The combat and vehicle sections remain the weakest parts. Overall I thought it was just ok. Maybe I'm just burned out on uncharted.

It was impressive though how long the game was for coming out a year and a half after uncharted 4.

SpokkX

Finished in 7,5 hours. Got 50% of collectibles - dont really enjoy hunting them too much in line with what i get in every game.

Anyway second best uncharted after 4. Amazing stuff really and really proves that uncharted works without drake/sully/elena.

mhanna49

Neo Member
Chapter 4 in one of the token areas. I'm stuck under some textures because of a glitch after doing a drop down melee attack and cannot get out. The save and checkpoint are both under the ground textures. I only have this save game and I really don't want to start this chapter over again. Any ideas?

Shifty1897

Chapter 4 in one of the token areas. I'm stuck under some textures because of a glitch after doing a drop down melee attack and cannot get out. The save and checkpoint are both under the ground textures. I only have this save game and I really don't want to start this chapter over again. Any ideas?

Can you just choose chapter select from the main menu? Or does that not unlock until you've beaten the game?

EDIT:
Just read your post again. I'm an idiot. Dunno man.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just finished it. Was pretty good, but felt a bit too much like a retread to me. Best end credits ever though.

Chapter 4 and the last chapter felt like they were lifted wholesale with barely any changes from UC4. And the dialog felt a little off - too much explanation of Hindu stuff sounding like Chloe teaching Nadine. I know they have to have some exposition but it felt a little flat to me.

nampad

No offense to Nadine and Laura Baeley but this game should have been Chloe only.

Part of the series charm is the interaction between characters so I disagree on a Chloe only game. Could have been someone else than Nadine though but I do like her.

Finished in 7,5 hours. Got 50% of collectibles - dont really enjoy hunting them too much in line with what i get in every game.

Anyway second best uncharted after 4. Amazing stuff really and really proves that uncharted works without drake/sully/elena.

What the hell, 7.5 hours? Most Uncharted games take me 20+. Is this game really that much shorter?

Some of you people's times are crazy. I didn't really rush through it that much, I did the optional thing in Chapter 4, and I still ended up with 6.5 hours.

What the hell, 7.5 hours? Most Uncharted games take me 20+. Is this game really that much shorter?

Uncharted 1-3 for a normal person should take 7 to 10 hours. If those are taking you 20, LL will probably last you 15.

Footos22

Just start it again. You'll keep all collectibles if you just save it to a different file. You can get through chapter 4 really quick if you've seen most of it already.

BeeDog

lol, no, if you get 20+ hours out of an Uncharted game, I'd guess you'd get like 12-13 hours out of this one. U4 is the longest and took me ~14 hours to finish, and U1/2/3 are quite short (around 9-10 hours).

Roufianos

Finished it on normal in 5 and a half hours.

Thought it was amazing. The tone, pacing and set pieces are miles ahead of 4.

It's much more fun when the characters are actually enjoying themselves instead of all the melodramatic bullshit we got in 4.

Drewfonse

I generally play Uncharted games on Normal, but I may want to extend my playtime by tackling this on Hard. How does it compare, difficulty wise, with UC4?

I haven't seen anything that looks better than UC4, tbh. No set pieces on the level of anything from UC4 (in fact, only a couple set pieces that I remember), but I keep hearing good things about something near the end, so I'm sure I'll know it when I play it.

The above sounds like a downer, but I think this is a very good game overall. I like lockpicking for better weapons, and I think the C4 is a nice touch. I just haven't seen anything that matches the lauds given by some on GAF yet besides the puzzles being very good. I hope to be proven wrong, though.

You sound like me so yes, the final set piece is really awesome among the best in the franchise.

Withnail

Just finished. This is far better than it has any right to be and it's a genuine GOTY contender in a GOAT gaming year.

Easily the best Uncharted since U2. Amazing visuals, nice locations, interesting plot, snappy dialogue. Chloe is a great protagonist and I loved the relationship between her and Nadine.

Bravo Naughty Dog.

sense

Uncharted 4 made more of an emotional impact on me with regards to the series and especially that final shot. This one was more fun but I am not fully sold on the open world aspect and constantly having to pull up the map and trying to figure out which way to go was starting to annoy me as well. Story, characters, graphics, presentation as always were all top notch.

Finish Chapter 9, and then we'll talk ;-). Chapter 9 wipes the floor with anything ND has done setpiece-wise in the past, imo.

illusionary

Beaten the game last night - that was excellent, really enjoyed it throughout. Less combat than I thought that there might be, but not in a way that felt at all negative, and it was all just really well judged. The art and music used in the end credits brought a smile too, which was a great way to close out the game.

My top three of the year had been fairly well set with Zelda, Horizon and Hollow Knight, but that's just become a top four.

Now for Crushing...

Finish Chapter 9, and then we'll talk ;-). Chapter 9 wipes the floor with anything ND has done setpiece-wise in the past, imo.

Yep - no spoilers, but looking back on it, I think that I'd have to agree.

jbttwin

This was incredible, and so much more fun than Uncharted 4.

Glad they decided to pass the baton to Chloe with this series. She's the perfectly charismatic protagonist Uncharted needed after Nate, and the chemistry she had with Nadine is aces too.

Pls make a sequel, ND.

Top Bottom