• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncle Roger

GymWolf

I like egg fried rice.

This guy talks exactly like that bitwit guy on yt.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I find him annoying but Hersha Patel with her reaction to the whole ordel and just go with his "uncle Roger" persona made me a fan (of her).

inb4 simp

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
His voice is great, but I don't think he's actually very funny. He hits on a few jokes but after a while you realize he misses pretty often.

DESTROYA

That's what I said to a friend who I sent that link. He's called Lyle, OG Bitwix is Kyle.

you got a problem with fried rice bro
fite me
You wouldn’t want a piece of this tough guy! :messenger_bicep:
But 3 straight videos on fried rice makes you think he needs new material

Mohonky

I've actually been watching a few of his videos lately, he has some really funny moments. I don't find him terribly consistent, but he does have some good stuff.

notseqi

He got his break working for another well known chef when he was younger. He was something completely different - a young carefree working class lad in a sea of old posh chefs.
I don't like how he cooks one bit but seeing other english dishes and his wide reach on the TV makes me think that he probably cooks with stuff people have at home anyways - but not much more. So he uses what a low to middle class family can afford or already has.

oagboghi2

I don't like how he cooks one bit but seeing other english dishes and his wide reach on the TV makes me think that he probably cooks with stuff people have at home anyways - but not much more. So he uses what a low to middle class family can afford or already has.
A low to middle income family has chili Jam instead of sirracha?

Boss Mog

That was legit funny. Thank you Boss Mog Boss Mog
Ty for sharing this! Had a bad day and this helped

No problem. It hard to laugh these days between all the sad shit going on in the world and comedy being somewhat neutered in this new age of political correctness and identity politics. This was the first laugh I had in a while, I lost it when he said "Mulan is gonna start singing when she sees this rice".

Soodanim

That’s exactly it. He aimed right at the working class with dishes and attitude people can relate to instead of fancy stuff. He doesn’t aim for Michelin stars, that’s not not audience. He pisses people off with Jerk Rice and other stuff but it’s inoffensive watching for those that aren’t really into food. A popular show of his being meals he can do from start to finish in the time of one 30 minute episode, for example.

notseqi

That’s exactly it. He aimed right at the working class with dishes and attitude people can relate to instead of fancy stuff. He doesn’t aim for Michelin stars, that’s not not audience. He pisses people off with Jerk Rice and other stuff but it’s inoffensive watching for those that aren’t really into food. A popular show of his being meals he can do from start to finish in the time of one 30 minute episode, for example.
Cooking with Kay really killed it for me:

I have never seen people have to drain cooked rice...or rinse it AFTER being cooked. If you are going to appropriate a culture, you white colonizing devil, at least do it correctly.

YukiOnna

Yeah, he's pretty funny. And he's 100% right about the whole outside kitchen/inside kitchen thing. We use to have that system and my friends parents only fed me from the outside kitchen lmao

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Say what you will about Gordon Ramsay - the motherfucker knows how to cook, and when he ventures into a new style of cooking, he knows when to humble himself as a student and learner.

God help you though, if he knows he's better than you and you fuck up.

Top Bottom