• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US: Gamestop giving $50 extra trade credit for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U

http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Fund Your Holiday with a Bonus $50 GameStop Gift Card

WHEN YOU TRADE IN THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBLE CONSOLES, TECH DEVICES, OR VR AND CHOOSE CREDIT:
XBOX ONE
PS4
PLAYSTATION VR
WII U (32GB)
... buncha phones

Offer valid 12/07/16 - 12/09/16

Current trade in value for a 32GB Wii U is $125, a PS4 500GB is $125, a xbox one 500gb is $75, and a 1TB xbox one is $130.

So you'd get $175 for a PS4 or wii u, could put that towards a ps4 slim, ps4 pro, or xbox one S. They are running a special on Xbox One S, get a free controller when you buy a new xbox one - $299 for the gears of war 4 Xbox One S blue, so it would "cost" you $174 to upgrade and you'd get a free controller. Only PS4 special seems to be a free year of PS+ if you buy a slim, no deals on PS4 Pro.

Or trade in your wii u and ps4, get $250 for the two of them, and pay $0 for a new ps4 slim or $150 for a ps4 pro.

Only runs today - friday, trade in values may drop tomorrow. I traded in my PS4 and 1TB elite xbox one two weeks ago and upgraded to a PS4 Pro and Xbox One S for about $200 out of pocket, totally worth it for me. If I still had a Wii U, I would jump at $175 trade value.

You need to take in all the cords, controller, but don't need the box. They do test the system to make sure it comes up, connects, and plays a game (disc works). You should deactivate and reinitialize the system at home before trade in. I did the backup on PS4 to usb drive before I took mine in, took around 5 hours for 1TB.

I'm seriously considering ditching my Wii-U with this promo. I'll just add that trade credit to what I've already got on the side and get the Switch for free come March. Thanks OP!

Damn wish this was going all month. I plan on getting a Pro in less than 2 weeks but this deal will already be over by the time I have the money.

Damn

The Ummah

Banned
Might jump on a Pro today. Nice! Was debating whether to do the Amazon trade, but I waited too long and they don't have new Pro stock yet.

I'm seriously considering ditching my Wii-U with this promo. I'll just add that trade credit to what I've already got on the side and get the Switch for free come March. Thanks OP!

If you're specifically trading it in towards a Switch, I would wait for a Switch-specific deal after the release date is announced.

Wait, is $175 a good deal for my launch PS4?

its better than what most places will give for one, and a "new" one is 300 so yeah i'd think so

I have a Wii U backlog, but man, is that system about to worthless soon.

Tough choice.

same, man. even worse, I bought TMS digitally (someone gave me some eshop cards) so because of Nintendo, it's literally gone if I dump the system.

hate that shit

I bought a PS4 Pro at Amazon and was going to send in my old PS4 to them but if I get 175 at Gamestop for it...shoot..I'll give it in today and pick up The Last Guardian and FFXV!

TIL WiiU trades for $50 more than Xbone.

Ouch.

Eh, I'll wait for Switch before trading in my WiiU or not.

Actually on second thought, might be worth it to trade in my WiiU and games towards a Pro for exclusives and pray that the rumors of WU games getting Switch ports is true.

Hmm, tempting. $253 after tax for a PS4 Pro sounds nice. Do I really need to do a backup if all my saves are in the cloud with PS+ and I don't mind redownloading games? Don't have many saved screenshots or videos either.

It's quite decent actually. PS4 was $400, 3 years ago and you're getting close to half of it back. I'd say it's not bad.

I should take advantage of the deal myself once I scrub the data.

What do you mean scrub the data? Don't you just need to deactivate the account (can this be done on the PS4?) and reset it the system?

Persona7

Banned
If you reset your system before taking it into gamestop the trade in process will take 20-30 minutes longer because they have to set everything back up to test it.

SlickVic

Somewhat tempting on Wii U but sounds like this deal is for store credit, and I don't have a whole lot I'd buy from GameStop when I get most games with either Best Buy GCU or Prime

MastAndo

If you reset your system before taking it into gamestop the trade in process will take 20-30 minutes longer because they have to set everything back up to test it.

Wait, so you advise I should bring my PS4 to Gamestop as it is (i.e. with all my crap on it)? Will they wipe it down in front of me after testing it?

I have a Wii U backlog, but man, is that system about to [be] worthless soon.

Tough choice.

Probably not, actually. It's already no longer being made, but there are still some exclusives without known Switch ports on the horizon (Bayonetta 2pk, Paper Mario, etc.) and it will be a GameCube-esque collector's system even moreso than the GameCube thanks to that easily wrecked and difficult-to-replace GamePad making nice-condition units desirable in a decade or two.

Hmm, by my calculations, selling my WiiU and physical library for it would bring the cost of a PS4 Pro down to $161 before tax. Should I go for it? How has the PS4's 1st Party library evolved since 2014? Sold my launch PS4 for a WiiU back in the day since I'm primarily a PC gamer and the PS4 1st Party library was weak as hell back then.

And is the Pro worth it so far?

This doesn't fall under the realm of something that Best Buy would price match, right?

I ask because I have a $250 gift card I'm looking to use toward PS4 Pro.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
So they decreased the trade in value compared to 2 months ago, and now bump it back up while calling it an offer?

I traded my Xbox One for an Xbox One S at $125 without any extra offer.

Just be careful gamestop employees are told to try to tell you the system is not in good condition and they have to put a defective fee (around 20-30%)

If its dusty or has light scratches (which most launched ps4 has on the glossy part and the wii u )

Insist that these are light cosmetic scratches and dont let them take off money from the trade.

Top Bottom