• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] -- New Boxarts (JUNE Edition) (56k no)

Hold on a sec, did Luigi just GET SOME FROM PEACH??

t000147b.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The happy-go-lucky orange army sure looks to have aged in that cover. I like it.

Hero

I doubt most of those are real, but the Nintendogs, Fire Emblem, and DDR feat. Mario covers are pretty good.

djm19

a lot of those box art for nintendo arent final. Some dont come out till the end of the year. And no, there wont be the word "new" in the new super mario bro's title.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so let me get this straight.. people really think the PSP will continue to dominate in America when DS has a lineup like that over the next couple months??? HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for some decent games to come out for the PSP (besides the couple games at launch), but that is more DS games in the month of June than I own in total for my PSP.

Can't WAIT for Kirby and Meteos.. Put off on buying them in Japan because I saw the US release was so close.

Unison

djtiesto said:
t000204b.jpg

I have no interest in the game, but damn that's some awesome boxart.

All of the upcoming Nintendo boxart looks pretty good, imo. They obviously are trying to move away from the "kiddie" image a bit more.

borghe said:
Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for some decent games to come out for the PSP (besides the couple games at launch), but that is more DS games in the month of June than I own in total for my PSP.
None of those come out in June. Advanced Wars isn't out until September.

I like the Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi, and Mario DDR covers. Strikers also looks cool, but I wonder why it has hand drawn look and the others don't. The metroid covers look almost exactly the same, I predict myself buying the wrong one and returning it...

shibbs

Cant wait for GTA:SA, ive been waiting so long, is it really that much better than VC?

Btw, Mario strikers box looks great.

Dragmire

djtiesto said:
t000204b.jpg

I have no interest in the game, but damn that's some awesome boxart.
I agree. That's why NOA will somehow mess it up before release, Pikmin 2 style. It'll probably end up being a shot of Mario's foot or something.

I also really like the Metroid Prime Pinball box. The Hunters one just doesn't look right.

[edit] LOL Shibbs, what the hell is that avatar?

Memles

I think it's pretty clear that this is more or less all official art being plastered onto the boxes by Nintendo as nice placeholders. I'd expect Mario Baseball (The Best Looking cover of them all) to stay the same, while Super Mario Strikers will likely see some retooling. The rest...meh, for now.

I'm more disappointed that EB is seriously listing both sports titles at $50 USD. Come on, Nintendo. The compliments being thrown around for both games amount to "Brings back a nice arcade feel" (Baseball) and "Multiplayer Mayhem" (Soccer). While I really feel that there is every ability for each game to be really good, neither seem to have much in the way of depth, and there isn't even much of a multiplayer component to MB. I just think that charging full price for these games seems like a big mistake considering the content being offered.

In the meantime, Nintendo can get onto dropping some new titles to Player's Choice...or at least bundling Mario Party 4/5 together. I mean, really now, four on one system is getting a little bit insane, at least bundle the first two and PC them.

Oh...and the Japanese AW boxart kicks ass. Alas, I'd expect a cover more akin to the AW2 cover, to be honest. Even the one currently in place seems to lack interest.

Also of note, I'm definitely not interested in Mario Tennis Advance at this stage of the game. I've always preferred the Golf titles to be honest with you, especially at the Game Boy level. I found that Advance Tour seemed like WAY too much of a retread of the GBC game and I can't help but feel that this will be the exact same thing. I mean, it's not like they have any sort of doubles to add to the story mode this time around, and unless they do a very good job of creating a more indepth tournament circuit and allow for "seasons" with major tournaments and smaller tournaments, it will just be the same damn thing all over again. I'm utterly uninterested.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I like the Strikers art actually. I think it's better than Baseball.
Anyone have a handy pic of the banner Nintendo had at E3 for Strikers?
I think that was the best one they had. Crazy cool.
Strikers was the game there I had the most fun playing anyway.

Oh, and I do like
<----------- one too

Ironclad

The Famicon Wars DS boxart is great. :lol

The Twilight Princess boxart even popped up in the latest NP. Path of Radiance has a great cover, I just hope they don't screw it up when they put the subtitle on there. Strikers looks awesome, and I like the Gale of Darkness boxart as well.

Dragmire

Memles said:
I'm more disappointed that EB is seriously listing both sports titles at $50 USD. Come on, Nintendo. The compliments being thrown around for both games amount to "Brings back a nice arcade feel" (Baseball) and "Multiplayer Mayhem" (Soccer). While I really feel that there is every ability for each game to be really good, neither seem to have much in the way of depth, and there isn't even much of a multiplayer component to MB. I just think that charging full price for these games seems like a big mistake considering the content being offered.
Never going to happen, but these games may actually be worthwhile. It's games like EA's sports line-up that aren't worth $50 price tags. They don't even work from scratch, yet they shit out full priced updates once a year. Cut the Mario games some slack and if you need to, buy it used.

PopfulMail

As much as I would love to see the Japanese artwork on the cover of Advance Wars, I don't see it happening.

Can't wait for Riviera!

Top Bottom