• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] -- New Boxarts (JUNE Edition) (56k no)

NWO

box.jpg

box1.gif

box.gif

Memles

Dragmire said:
Never going to happen, but these games may actually be worthwhile. It's games like EA's sports line-up that aren't worth $50 price tags. They don't even work from scratch, yet they shit out full priced updates once a year. Cut the Mario games some slack and if you need to, buy it used.

I concur on the EA Sports' lineup, but at the same time I worry that there won't be much meat to either title. I have Sega Soccer Slam already, and it at least had the Quest Mode for single-player gaming. As it stands right now, SMStrikers lacks that component for me. I really hope that it comes together well, to be honest with you, but at the same time I am entirely unconvinced that it will be worth it's price tag. Mario Baseball just seems like it could be a fun little diversion...I think that, after playing a whole lot of MVP lately, a lack of stats and the like will make it kind of lame...especially since I'd probably turn off the power moves ala MPT.

Oh...and just because Nintendo make mock-up box art for the titles doesn't mean they're final, just official. I'x expect Strikers, especially to get a change, even if that change is simply the busying up of the box a bit. Although it's relatively starkness outside of an image of Mario reeks of the other SMS cover.

FoneBone

DarkCloud said:
200103b.jpg

!!!

Well that's close enough to a confirmation for me. Purchased in full.
I really want to see screens of this -- I want to see what next-gen cel-shading looks like. Though it may not be that impressive, if the laughable screens of American Wasteland for 360 are any judge...

DarkCloud

Treyarch =! Neversoft...keep the dream alive.

Would be funny if the 360 version was the only non celshaded version (that wasn't on a handheld).

milanbaros

Member?
Mario sure does get around.

Are those top 5/6 games all published by Nintendo and being released this year? There is LoZ as well. Nintendo should make a tidy some from each and every one of those games.

StRaNgE

Banned
Stryder said:
My wallet is a very sad wallet after seeing all of those covers side by side.

yes, strangley as i looked at this thread i had this horrible pain from my side only to realize it was my wallet screaming out in pain!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Fularu said:
you gotta be kidding me...

Why are you surprised, its Ubisoft, its on xbox, its gotta look like crap by rule.

Andy787

Banned
Matlock said:
wtf, that looks like the Burnout 3 cover! :lol
210671b.jpg
210609b.jpg

They just changed the theme and flipped it around, hah.

190123b.jpg

Hmm, which is the real one, this or the EB one? I think this looks a lot better, but they both look nice. Hope this turns out good.

190145b.jpg

This is a purchase.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Shiggy said:
The European boxart looks much better!

No. It's actually one of the most horrible, no-effort-at-all photoshops I've seen come out from NOE. A lazily composited character and a flat blue background with Render > Clounds and an old Kai's Power Tools "TV Scanlines" filter applied. So. Horrible.

Top Bottom