• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Foward Showcase Announced for June 10

Kurotri

Assassin's Creed Red and Star Wars Outlaws are a given, maybe a new Ghost Recon as well. Wonder what else, probably a new Far Cry? The Prince of Persia remake is still a ways off it seems. Wish they'd revive Watch Dogs, they really fucked that one up with Legion but 2 was really good.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
BG&E2, right?

evil-laugh-laugh.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
These are always terrible lol

Sybrix

Line up so far:

Ass Creed Ultimatze
Far Crap Vass Vengage
Watch Doge Boomer Patrol
Some random hero shooter that will tank

All with that Ubisoft predictable gameplay sprinkle of repetativeness.

Usual shite from Ubisoft.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Assassin's Creed Red and Star Wars Outlaws are a given, maybe a new Ghost Recon as well. Wonder what else, probably a new Far Cry? The Prince of Persia remake is still a ways off it seems. Wish they'd revive Watch Dogs, they really fucked that one up with Legion but 2 was really good.
That Pathfinder Battle Royale is possible.

Dazraell

Give me footage from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Splinter Cell remakes and show more about Star Wars Outlaws and it'll be enough for me

Last edited:

Belthazar

Man, why announce it so in advance? Usually a week before is enough, or a month if it's a big thing. More than 2 months is kinda excessive.

GymWolf

It would be right up my alley but I don't own a PS5 :(
Tsushima is gonna be out on pc pretty soon, another ubisoft open world with decent combat, a good 7\10 game.

Maybe not as big as the latest ac games in term of map extension tho.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

Man, why announce it so in advance? Usually a week before is enough, or a month if it's a big thing. More than 2 months is kinda excessive.
'Bad PR' is Ubisoft's true core talent as a studio. It's their superpower.

[edit: I say that as a huge AC and Watch Dogs fan. Well at least the first two WDs.]

Last edited:

King Dazzar

AC Red and SW Outlaws should be good to see. Cautiously interested in seeing anything about Ghost Recon. Probably too early for any more Far Cry.

Jesb

If they don’t show something for splinter cell I’m gonna assume that’s not ever coming.

GymWolf

I'm 100% going to play it on PC!

First I'm getting Forbidden West tomorrow
Have you played the first horizon?

I love the brand but you really lose a lot if you didn't followed the first game, watching a recap is really not enough.

The first one is also on pc and i personally think it's the better game overall, at least story wise.

Hrk69

Have you played the first horizon?

I love the brand but you really lose a lot if you didn't followed the first game, watching a recap is really not enough.

The first one is also on pc and i personally think it's the better game overall, at least story wise.
Finished it on PS4 at the time but that's a while ago
Anything I need to know story wise? I mean I usually skip stuff when I think it's boring / generic

GymWolf

Finished it on PS4 at the time but that's a while ago
Anything I need to know story wise? I mean I usually skip stuff when I think it's boring / generic
If you didn't liked the plot and lore and art design of zero dawn, stay away from fw.

The game get a bit more verbose overall, good if you are engaged in the lore, plot, tribes etc, terrible if you think all these things were boring in the first game.

Just a sincere heads up.

P.s. (i mean unless you only care about the action rpg part and blasting dinobots and making different builds etc., in that case the game is excellent)

Last edited:

Hrk69

If you didn't liked the plot and lore and art design of zero dawn, stay away from fw.

The game get a bit more verbose overall, good if you are engaged in the lore, plot, tribes etc, terrible if you think all these things were boring in the first game.

Just a sincere heads up.
ZD was a mixed bag for me but I did finish it

I just need a new game 😁😁

Last edited:

Bond007

For as much as everyone hates Ubi- i feel like their upcoming lineup holds some excitement.
How they turn out is a different story- but there is an opportunity for some good.

I also enjoy Skull and Bones, so wtf do i know?

Last edited:

Ristifer

I’ll just say it now so I don’t have to bother with it later: I’m disappointed there’s no new Rayman game.

GymWolf

FW was a mixed bag for me but I did finish it

I just need a new game 😁😁
I guess you wrote fw by mistake but you wanted to say zero dawn right?

Well at the very worst, you can just skip dialogues and play the game for the action rpg part, a lot of new enemies, weapons and skills to nerd on.

Last edited:

TVexperto

Line up so far:

Ass Creed Ultimatze
Far Crap Vass Vengage
Watch Doge Boomer Patrol
Some random hero shooter that will tank

All with that Ubisoft predictable gameplay sprinkle of repetativeness.

Usual shite from Ubisoft.
i would love to have another game like watch dogs 1 or 2. best games ubi of last generation

Unless they revolutionize the "ubisoft formula" that they bake into every game... i don't care at all about this. Can't recall the last time i Had fun with an ubisoft game... maybe Black Flag? The division for a few days?

Dazraell

I really hope we hear (see) more on that Assassin's Creed Codename Hexe; that's the AC I'm most interested in rn.
I remember seeing some rumors that Hexe is the third game in the rotation they had planned. The first one was Red (one in Japan), and other one was a multiplayer-focused game called Invictus. So I would assume Red will be the one they will show on their showcase

I remember seeing some rumors that Hexe is the third game in the rotation they had planned. The first one was Red (one in Japan), and other one was a multiplayer-focused game called Invictus. So I would assume Red will be the one they will show on their showcase
Yes, I think you're right. Just me huffing on that copium... :lollipop_pensive:

Last edited:

BuddyLaDouche

Neo Member
I bet they announce another closed beta for The Division: Heartlands. 6-7 more beta's and it'll be ready to scrap completely. God, I hate Ubisoft.

Braag

AAAAAAA
Could be me screaming in anticipation for the event or Ubisoft's next game as told by Yves Guillemot.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Nice. Their last show was amazing - better than PlayStation's, Xbox's, and the entire Summer Game Fest.

This one likely won't beat last year's, but let's see what they have in store. My predictions:
  • xDefiant
  • Prince of Persia (from Dead Cells team)
  • Star Wars Outlaw
  • Ghost Recon Next.

Top Bottom