• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is being ported to the Nintendo Switch for release in April 2022

Killer8

I really want to see a proper Switch vs PS4 comparison on this. Best I can find is this preview article. I do say I miss the depth of field effect seen on PS4 in the RTS segments. It made the game look like a tilt shift miniature city.

NanaMiku

What's the deal with Atlus? Are they against earning money or something?

I'm currently playing Dragon's Crown and man, this game would be perfect on the Switch.
Yeah, Atlus hate money lol, even Atlus own titles only that comes to PC are only 4 games, and all are old titles.
Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown, and 13 Sentinels are published by Atlus
GrimGrimoire is published by Nippon Ichi Software
Muramasa is published by Marvelous

Maybe Vanillaware's engines are limited when it comes to porting to PC
Toned down? Was it the same for the PS4 release?
Yup it's the same. It's not really affecting the story

Gambit2483

Heard good things about this game from the PS4 version. Just picked it up on Switch last week and have been extremely satisfied.

It's more of an interactive story with branching paths with a dash of real time strategy. Probably not up everyone's alley but I like games like this. The amazing visuals definitely help

NanaMiku

Heard good things about this game from the PS4 version. Just picked it up on Switch last week and have been extremely satisfied.

It's more of an interactive story with branching paths with a dash of real time strategy. Probably not up everyone's alley but I like games like this. The amazing visuals definitely help
Yeah the visual is always great as always. I'm just kinda disappointed that I can't see the food really clear in this game. Foods in Vanillaware games are always an eyecandy
fbefd871387d0ae8f91c2a7e25bbec90.jpg

Good game, wish the combat was more engaging and interesting, also kinda ugly.
Vanillaware really focused on the story for this. I can't imagine how they manage it. It's also have the longest development time.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Sure but combat scenarios become few and far between.

Can’t understand how this game is rated so highly, it’s non stop bad anime writing with some clever twists on the way.

Cyberpunkd

Ok, so I’m 2 hours in and my mind is fucked.

How should I proceed with the story? Replay one person to see all the choices i.e. complete all the intrigue modes that I can?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
How should I proceed with the story? Replay one person to see all the choices i.e. complete all the intrigue modes that I can?
However you want, what I did jump between characters and I also would play 2-3 story section then jump in to destruction mode.

My advice is do destruction mode as you play the story mode.

lachesis

Ok, so I’m 2 hours in and my mind is fucked.

That's the charm of the game. Play thru however order you'd like!
In the end, the story will come together all well tied up, with little bow on top.

My approach was to play any available characters as far as I can carry, one at a time.... Then focus on destruction mode for a while to level up and unlock the next patch.

And you can re-watch the whole story in more or less chronological order as well, if want to dive deeper.

edit: You will hit a roadblock for each person's story when you reach to certain chapter. The game tells you in order to open up, you'd need to progress certain character's storyline to certain amount of chapters etc. When I hit that mark for all the characters and couldn't see anymore - then I changed to the destruction mode. You play thru and upgrade your gears however you'd like - until you can't progress more. The game tells you that you have to be at certain point in the story mode in order to progress... then I switched back to the story mode. Rinse and repeat. That was my approach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom