• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wall Poster Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Ok I was wondering if anyone knew a substitute to tape to place posters on walls? Because I got to take them off my wall every year, and well tape rips it or something, so I was wondering if there is anything else that doesn't rip posters and well doesn't involve damaging the wall.

SKluck

Banned
Well, I've been using tacks, and to prevent "slippage" and tearing, I put a few pieces of thick tape on the back of the poster in each corner to reinforce the hole.

I'm pretty sure there is some scotch/3m removable squares that will not damage posters. They are black. You do have to be careful, you can't just rip em off, but I've successfully taken them off with no damage at all after a year, so they are good.

Mason

Have you guys never heard of poster putty or sticky tack? It's cheap, reusable, it works well, and doesn't damage your posters.

SKluck

Banned
It stains the poster. Take it off after a long period and it will be oily looking and discolored.

And that's not even mentioning it is a BITCH to get off.

KingGondo

Banned
3M Command strips.

I had the exact same problems (ripping of paint, posters), and Command strips work great. How do I know? I didn't use a level to make sure my Lichtenstein poster was straight, and I had to take it down again.

They're at Wal-Mart (if you live around one), but look in the hardware section instead of school supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom