• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watched the original (Special Edition) Star Wars trilogy yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alucard said:
how come in Jedi Obi-Wan tells Luke that his father was a great pilot before he even met him, but in Episode 1 Anakin is just a useless kid when he meets Obi-Wan? I mean, come on now...

He is already a gifted podrace pilot... it's hinted at in the movie, but the novelization goes a bit more in depth about this.

I personally cannot wait for these DVD's. I don't mind a lot of the changes in the SE (a lot of the whining seems like nostalgic fanboy rhetoric) and I'm expecting the video and audio quality to be awesome.

If I had to rank, I'd probably go: ESB>ANH>AOTC>ROTJ>TPM. I don't think people really remember how bad TPM is, and I can't see how a lot of people rate it higher than AOTC. I liked pretty much everything in Clones, aside from the romantic scenes, but the same cannot be said about Menace.

I'll take a "sand is rough," "wish I could wish my feelings away," and riding that damn constipated sheep thing over "Count me outta dis one; better dead here den dead in da core," (1 example of many,) midi-chlorians, virgin births, and multiple "yippees" anyday.

ManaByte

Gold Member
huzkee said:
Does the new Ewok celebration scene with Christiensen make it into the new DVDs coming out this November??? Are people gonna get this? I'm still wondering if I should wait for the whole 6-pack for the ultimate edition.

The DVDs come out next month (September 21st) and if you think the 30th Anniv. box set with episodes I-VI WON'T have the Hayden scene at ROTJ you are in for a world of disappointment. The DVDs that come out next month are the "archival editions" that they have been working on off and on for a few years, and the I-VI will probably have a few additional tweaks. One thing that is already finished is the replacement of the stoned Yoda puppet from Episode I with the CG model used in Episodes II and III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom