• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watching videos on Dinosaurs with my kids made me think dinosaurs are bullshit

hecatomb

Banned
I could only image if some of the dinosaurs were alive today, they would have to be on some island away from people, I can't image a 30 foot predator walking around with people. Even some of the other prehistoric animals like the terror bird a 10 foot tall carnivores bird, would try to kill people if it got the chance. Most of these animals would be killed off if they were still alive.

Last edited:
Man this thread got bleek...

More like the Angular Saxophone trolling train has long since run out of steam, and now pulls whatever bullshit topic he can out of his ass, so people keep paying attention to him. Everyone knows it's an act, but the number of people that humor him is dwindling at a satisfactory pace.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I don't get this comment at all. Did your father beat you or something?

first of all why does 5secondrulesucks get such a bad name cops are 5secondrulesucks men are 5secondrulesucks have you ever eaten bacon or chicharon. that shit is fucking unbelievable. a nice pulled pork sandwich some cracklins. ever hang out with a baby 5secondrulesucks. they are cool man my grandpa has a little farm and i was hangin out with the baby 5secondrulesucks theyll just walk up to you. you can pet them but they might have a little dookie on them so wash your hands after

That would damage the child. Child can't even legally hold a job. That's not even nurture. That's abuse. We know that physical abuse actually interrupts intended gene expression, leading to different fate for child. It all comes down to genes.

This has been done with twins, the outcome was the same. Twin in luxury household turned out identically to twin in poor household in terms of IQ and interests.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned
A lot of science (outer space, earth’s history, etc) is purely speculative. It’s guessing. Educated guessing based on what information is currently available, but guessing nonetheless.

The reason the taxonomy and recreations of dinosaurs change all the time is because not much information that can gleaned from incomplete dirt-skeletons of creatures that no longer exist, from an earth that was very different from how it is today.

You cannot determine a creature’s appearance merely from its bone structure. Dinosaur fossils are old enough that all organic material has disintegrated, so you can’t determine its genetics from DNA. This also means that you can’t determine how any given dinosaur species is related to any other dinosaur species.

So yes, what most people think of as dinosaurs is made-up. That being said, it’s a toy. who gives a shit if it’s a 1:1 recreation of the real organism.

Last edited:
and now pulls whatever bullshit topic he can out of his ass, so people keep paying attention to him.

First off I didn’t create this topic, second off just about everything I posted is fact. A lie turned into truth will always be a lie. You’re acting like a child that wants to cling to Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. Why not contribute as I have instead of slinging weak accusations.

source.gif

MC Safety

First off I didn’t create this topic, second off just about everything I posted is fact. A lie turned into truth will always be a lie. You’re acting like a child that wants to cling to Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. Why not contribute as I have instead of slinging weak accusations.

Just about everything...

I'm glad you don't even believe your nonsense.

Last edited:
So the word dinosaur not existing is a troll, the Canadian discovery is a troll, fossils in museums being fake is a troll, dragons being in just about every ancient culture is a troll, being on flags all over the place, they’re trolling us, and scientists just making stuff up when they find bones is what you see as fact instead of hundreds if not thousands of years of the stories that proceed those “facts”. Guy makes thread about being skeptical about dinosaurs, I lay out the knowledge I have but yep. Pure trolling. I just can’t with you guys sometimes.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
That would damage the child. Child can't even legally hold a job. That's not even nurture. That's abuse. We know that physical abuse actually interrupts intended gene expression, leading to different fate for child. It all comes down to genes.

This has been done with twins, the outcome was the same. Twin in luxury household turned out identically to twin in poor household in terms of IQ and interests.

Really?

The studies of reared-apart twins have shown that in general, half the differences in personality and religiosity are genetically determined, but for a trait like I.Q., about 75 percent of the variation, on average, is genetic, with only 25 percent influenced by the environment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/well/family/what-twins-can-teach-us-about-nature-vs-nurture.html

This is wells studied.

I'd like to know what they constitute as environment. Because factors that depress or help express inherent genetics are not nurture in my book. Genetics is still at the core of somebody mired in poverty tending towards criminality, for example. The poor in parts of Delhi India don't exhibit the same criminality as the poor in Compton, despite having it even worse. I'd make that 25% a more modest 10%.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned
So the word dinosaur not existing is a troll, the Canadian discovery is a troll, fossils in museums being fake is a troll, dragons being in just about every ancient culture is a troll, being on flags all over the place, they’re trolling us, and scientists just making stuff up when they find bones is what you see as fact instead of hundreds if not thousands of years of the stories that proceed those “facts”. Guy makes thread about being skeptical about dinosaurs, I lay out the knowledge I have but yep. Pure trolling. I just can’t with you guys sometimes.

None of those things actually lead to the conclusions that you’re implying they lead to.

Why does when the word dinosaur was coined make any damn difference? The words "cat" and "dog" haven't been around forever either, what difference does it make when a term was coined?

Shaqazooloo

The idea that dragons might've actually been the dinosaurs is very interesting. However just for clarity I need to ask: Are you saying that what we now call dinosaurs, used to have fire breath and different shapes akin to the depictions of dragons in myths? Or are you saying that dragons existed, it's just that now we call them dinosaurs?

Eh. I had something more well laid out posted before, but I'll just keep it simple. You're adorable. Keep up with the quality trolling. :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Greedings

I'd like to know what they constitute as environment. Because factors that depress or help express inherent genetics are not nurture in my book. .
Then you’d be wrong.
Environment constitutes almost anything that is not genetic. Genetic only constitutes the code of your DNA.

This stuff is really well studied, and there is no conclusive answer either way other than both genetics and environment dictate.

AgentP

I'd like to know what they constitute as environment. Because factors that depress or help express inherent genetics are not nurture in my book. Genetics is still at the core of somebody mired in poverty tending towards criminality, for example. The poor in parts of Delhi India don't exhibit the same criminality as the poor in Compton, despite having it even worse. I'd make that 25% a more modest 10%.

Now we are getting to the root of your post. You are a racist that believes in eugenics. I'm out.

used to have fire breath and different shapes akin to the depictions of dragons in myths? Or are you saying that dragons existed, it's just that now we call them dinosaurs?

Dragons existed. We now call them dinosaurs. The images that science depicts them as is purposely wrong. They already know what they looked like. Dragon fossils would look no different than dinosaur fossils.

VulcanRaven

Dragons existed. We now call them dinosaurs. The images that science depicts them as is purposely wrong. They already know what they looked like. Dragon fossils would look no different than dinosaur fossils.
So are you saying that there is some big conspiracy that scientists depict dinosaurs wrong on purpose and they were really dragons? I hope you don't really believe that. :D

Last edited:
But it doesn’t have to work that way. All you have to do is get people to believe the lie. Look at Columbus and how long we believed that garbage. All it would take in science is believing one “mistake” and now everyone is parroting the same theory. Weren’t we all taught in school that earth was filled with magma at its core? Now it’s supposedly a solid ball of iron or nickel. 🙄 what will it be 20 years from now?

Last edited:

MC Safety

No, it's true there were pictures of dragons which means dragons are real. Also, the word dinosaurs doesn't exist and here's a picture of a paint ad which also proves the Earth is flat.

I was discussing this with Lucky, the Lucky Charms leprechaun just the other day.

Now we are getting to the root of your post. You are a racist that believes in eugenics. I'm out.

No, I'm citing actual statistics. Violent crime in Delhi's slums is very low, as opposed to LA's slums. Only explanation is the demographic one since the one constant is abject poverty. The fact you need to derail scientific inquiry with the old go-to accusation is telling. Perhaps this is not for you, emotionally elevated sensibilities and all.

As for Dragons, dino fossils were no doubt discovered long ago. They may have simply based dragons on old dinosaur fossils. Also east vs west dragons are different. In the east they are more like flying serpents with a lion's head. In the west they are more like flying crocodiles.

Last edited:

AgentP

No, I'm citing actual statistics. Violent crime in Delhi's slums is very low, as opposed to LA's slums. Only explanation is the demographic one since the one constant is abject poverty.

So no differences between LA and Delhi besides race, all other factors are identical? Please show me your scientific citations (which are not from Alt Right sources).

So no differences between LA and Delhi besides race, all other factors are identical? Please show me your scientific citations (which are not from Alt Right sources).

Ah now we exhibit tactic 2. Why would I bother, given you have an agenda to implicate me as a racist based on nothing more than statistical observation?

I'll save you (and me) some time:

Do you have a source on that?
Source?
A source. I need a source.
Sorry, I mean I need a source that explicitly states your argument. This is just tangential to the discussion.
No, you can't make inferences and observations from the sources you've gathered. Any additional comments from you MUST be a subset of the information from the sources you've gathered.
You can't make normative statements from empirical evidence.
Do you have a degree in that field?
A college degree? In that field?
Then your arguments are invalid.
No, it doesn't matter how close those data points are correlated. Correlation does not equal causation.
Correlation does not equal causation.
CORRELATION. DOES. NOT. EQUAL. CAUSATION.
You still haven't provided me a valid source yet.
Nope, still haven't.
I just looked through all 308 pages of your comment history, figures I'm debating a plumfp supporter. A racist.

There we go. In the meantime I suggest you polish up on your biology and global economics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom