• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wayfinder |OT| World of Warframe

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I got to play a bit as well and I like it quite a bit. It's Warframe(systems) + .Hack(elements in how the world works) + Darksiders(Art Style/Hack and Slash) all in one package.

Like Warframes, Wayfinders have their own internal kit but you can use any weapon you want and the Wayfinders and Weapons all have slots to put in Echoes(pretty much Warframe mods) with limited capacity.

Weapons perform different too. Daggers has parry, 2H has a block, Gun is aim, etc.

And if you like the grind you can grind for new characters, cosmetics, weapons with mats and drops. I'd expect powercreep in the future though with new Wayfinders.

And similar to Warframe you can skip the grind if you pay real money or get exclusive RMT skins or whatever.

Wouldn't surprise me if they come out with a thing that resets your weapons and characters back to Lvl1 to acquire more capacity for Echoes/Mods like Formas in Warframe.

It's kinda buggy trying to start up a dungeon sometimes and my only caveat is really waiting in any sort of queue if I'm a solo player since the game at least so far is quite doable solo.

The uh story/dialogue is mostly worthless exposition and I skip most of it.

I think for someone to enjoy this game you have to like the gameplay loop otherwise you will probably get bored of it quite fast.

Salz01

Omg.

So finally can log in, the que goes fast, only to get hard kicked to login page once I do anything in a dungeon. Are the devs smoking crack? Serious question. I never asked to refund a game before, but holy shit are they not testing my patience.

Valt7786

Omg.

So finally can log in, the que goes fast, only to get hard kicked to login page once I do anything in a dungeon. Are the devs smoking crack? Serious question. I never asked to refund a game before, but holy shit are they not testing my patience.

It's a stupid af bug, but just load in to the dungeon, rush to the end without picking anything up except the quest item, clear it and then it wont happen again

I've started playing today as well since I've seen 'the queue is fixed' news. So far it's been pretty smooth, and I am on Playstation.

MagiusNecros MagiusNecros From what I've seen of the story, I agree that it is too gigantic of an exposition dump at the start, but it does ramp up a bit in quality once you reach the undercroft and they do drop a double-twist moment shortly afterwards that I think most people will miss regarding the lore, because they'll be too busy skipping it. Considering how the story is based on The Gods vs The Gloom vs The Humans(and what remnants remain of them), I think that they could tell a potentially cool story here. They could even go a bit meta like Dot Hack and have certain story characters manipulate the world using the Gloom, because it would technically fit within the theme.

I hope that eventually they add animated cutscenes with their 3d models to some of the larger story beats, as I think that would have more impact over seeing two character models facing each other with a dialogue box on the screen. I like when devs will try to add some flair to their cutscenes and make sure they feel dynamic, even when it's just two characters talking(if they have the budget to).

When you really focus on the above scenes, there's not much to most of the animations(they even cut away from certain movements or lip animations to make it work) in these two clips, but there's feeling behind it, from the soundtrack, to the camera angles, to the voice acting, etc. I feel like a lot of devs, let alone MMO devs, don't understand how much of an impact adding stuff like this matters, instead of just relying on the old school way of character model/concept art + text. I'm glad the WoW devs eventually picked up on it though:

Furthermore, you don't even need voice acting to do it:

Is it locked 60 on PS5? Thinking I might pick it up again now that some issues have been resolved but can't decide between PC and PS5. Would prefer playing on the couch I think!

Edit - Alright so I picked it up on PC again and I've had 3 UE4 crashes in about an hour. This sucks. Requesting another refund, hope they accept. Just not fun.

Last edited:
Is it locked 60 on PS5? Thinking I might pick it up again now that some issues have been resolved but can't decide between PC and PS5. Would prefer playing on the couch I think!
It is unlocked 60fps on PS5. Like most online MMO games, there are drops in frame rate when loading other players into a zone. However I’ve also seen slight frame rate drops here and there when there’s too many particles and enemies both on the screen at once. Most of it seems completely fixable by the time the full launch happens though.

So there's an extremely big jump in difficulty in the second area of the game(that you unlock in the second half of the game), and enemies are doing nearly 3x-5x the damage(axe guys literally have a 1 hit kill move that they spam multiple times that reminds me of souls game skeleton wheels), and this is me saying this with completely leveled gear and a level 28 character with a power rating just shy of 2k. Keep in mind the starting requirement for the power level is 1.6k so something odd is going on here and it feels like awful balancing, because nearly every mission in this area feels like an endgame raid from another RPG, with added very high risk of failure.

As a second issue, the dungeon maps for this area are way too long and 5x larger than the perfectly balanced first area maps. It makes it so that group runs either take 10ish minutes because everyone is rushing to the boss, or they take up to 30-40 minutes or more due to people trying to explore the map. If you do the latter and run out of lives, you've just wasted 40 minute, and you can't solo the final bosses of the level on your own because they hit too hard too. All of this basically funnels you into making sure you are leveling a character that can heal, like Venomess or Wingrave, due to very much needing survivability if youre running with randoms.

I'm hoping some of you guys are making it to this section because they need feedback on all of this asap.

On a side note Aturach, the villain of this section, is definitely the guy who voiced the villain from Halo Infinite(The general guy). He has a cool voice to me 🤷‍♂️

Killjoy-NL

So there's an extremely big jump in difficulty in the second area of the game(that you unlock in the second half of the game), and enemies are doing nearly 3x-5x the damage(axe guys literally have a 1 hit kill move that they spam multiple times that reminds me of souls game skeleton wheels), and this is me saying this with completely leveled gear and a level 28 character with a power rating just shy of 2k. Keep in mind the starting requirement for the power level is 1.6k so something odd is going on here and it feels like awful balancing, because nearly every mission in this area feels like an endgame raid from another RPG, with added very high risk of failure.

As a second issue, the dungeon maps for this area are way too long and 5x larger than the perfectly balanced first area maps. It makes it so that group runs either take 10ish minutes because everyone is rushing to the boss, or they take up to 30-40 minutes or more due to people trying to explore the map. If you do the latter and run out of lives, you've just wasted 40 minute, and you can't solo the final bosses of the level on your own because they hit too hard too. All of this basically funnels you into making sure you are leveling a character that can heal, like Venomess or Wingrave, due to very much needing survivability if youre running with randoms.

I'm hoping some of you guys are making it to this section because they need feedback on all of this asap.

On a side note Aturach, the villain of this section, is definitely the guy who voiced the villain from Halo Infinite(The general guy). He has a cool voice to me 🤷‍♂️
Maybe it's because I play as Venomess, but I think the second area isn't that hard, assuming you're not going Rambo while being 500+ Power underleveled.
Once you've figured out all the attack patterns of all the enemies and your powerlevel is appropriate, you can wreck even the biggest mobs relatively easy. Just gotta be quick on your feet.

Then again, might be because I play as Venomess, who as you said has better survivability due to her healing abilities.

The dungeon maps are quite large though. But you can easily skip large parts and rush through the map, making it possible to complete the dungeons in the same timeframe as the first zone dungeons.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I play as Venomess, but I think the second area isn't that hard, assuming you're not going Rambo while being 500+ Power underleveled.
Once you've figured out all the attack patterns of all the enemies and your powerlevel is appropriate, you can wreck even the biggest mobs relatively easy. Just gotta be quick on your feet.

Then again, might be because I play as Venomess, who as you said has better survivability due to her healing abilities.

The dungeon maps are quite large though. But you can easily skip large parts and rush through the map, making it possible to complete the dungeons in the same timeframe as the first zone dungeons.
It’s Venomess. Again, I’m at just about 2k power level, playing on normal difficulty and the requirement is around 1.6k. That’s almost a +400 difference. Story mode missions shouldn’t be as hard as a theoretical raid-level difficulty, especially since the first half of the game had a near perfect difficulty ramp aside from maybe one boss.

I’m finding myself constantly having to perform to utmost perfection because I’m being hit extremely hard due to making a single, tiny mistake in positioning once in a while. My teammates, regardless of level, are being ripped to shreds next to me and we are having to res each other quite a bit once a moment is safe or an enemy is killed, due to either being overwhelmed in attack or blindsided by one of the enemies that throws their axe.

I’m using Senja and my other level 25 is Silo(due to picking him first). I grinded both once I reached level 20 with Senja because the game introduced affinity systems and also I had to level my echoes to max(which is why they’re above recommendation level). I find nothing wrong with this level of difficulty if this were a level 2 or above hard mode modifier on the dungeon, but doing this for normal mode with zero imbues added creates too great of a filter for others who simply can’t handle it.

Killjoy-NL

It’s Venomess. Again, I’m at just about 2k power level, playing on normal difficulty and the requirement is around 1.6k. That’s almost a +400 difference. Story mode missions shouldn’t be as hard as a theoretical raid-level difficulty, especially since the first half of the game had a near perfect difficulty ramp aside from maybe one boss.

I’m finding myself constantly having to perform to utmost perfection because I’m being hit extremely hard due to making a single, tiny mistake in positioning once in a while. My teammates, regardless of level, are being ripped to shreds next to me and we are having to res each other quite a bit once a moment is safe or an enemy is killed, due to either being overwhelmed in attack or blindsided by one of the enemies that throws their axe.

I’m using Senja and my other level 25 is Silo(due to picking him first). I grinded both once I reached level 20 with Senja because the game introduced affinity systems and also I had to level my echoes to max(which is why they’re above recommendation level). I find nothing wrong with this level of difficulty if this were a level 2 or above hard mode modifier on the dungeon, but doing this for normal mode with zero imbues added creates too great of a filter for others who simply can’t handle it.
Yh, that sounds unbalanced and tbf due to her healing abilities, Venomess is top-tier atm, maybe even slightly OP.

I might level up Niss and see how I manage with her. Gives me something new to do until the first content update coming in the next week or 2.

Edit:

On second thought, Venomess is pretty balanced and not OP at all. In best-case scenario she can do major instant heal with her Vampiric Blast, but a lot of times it's a minor heal that only gives minimum advantage.

I actually die rather quickly with her, as I put most of the focus into Ability Power and Weapon Power/Crit%.

Maybe they should put one of those health refills in the large map, that you can use 1x?

On the other hand, Venomess and Wingrave are in the game for this exact reason, to support the team, while a character like Niss is rated as higher difficulty.

Last edited:
Warframe and wow... I know a thing or two about those games.

This game has a good boss design, but the gameplay seemsike it's in slow-motion... The combo system and way you use special attacks are is too goddam slow and don't seem to involve any play skill whatsoever.

Warframe monetization is retarded trash(people only say it's good because other games are even worse) if this game goes the exact same route it will be trash as well.

60 fps on ps5?
Maybe in a dungeon by yourself but certainly not in any open area with things happening and other players around but it still feels playable at least.

After having issues with the PC version and refunding for the second time I bought it on the PS5. The experience has certainly been a lot better than I was getting on the PC. I'm actually having fun playing it, despite the lag in open world areas due to no local servers.

Yh, that sounds unbalanced and tbf due to her healing abilities, Venomess is top-tier atm, maybe even slightly OP.

I might level up Niss and see how I manage with her. Gives me something new to do until the first content update coming in the next week or 2.

Edit:

On second thought, Venomess is pretty balanced and not OP at all. In best-case scenario she can do major instant heal with her Vampiric Blast, but a lot of times it's a minor heal that only gives minimum advantage.

I actually die rather quickly with her, as I put most of the focus into Ability Power and Weapon Power/Crit%.

Maybe they should put one of those health refills in the large map, that you can use 1x?

On the other hand, Venomess and Wingrave are in the game for this exact reason, to support the team, while a character like Niss is rated as higher difficulty.
Niss is going to be tough for that area. I saw a ton of Niss players making one wrong move and going down instantly. Wingrave players fared way better, Venomess second, and I’d say Silo is third place depending on which skills you decided to level.

Senja, Niss, and Kairos will be much harder simply due to very little heal or complete lack of heal. Even Senja’s super armor on taunt didn’t help enough, but at least it kept me alive just a little longer than others.

I think once I beat the current story I will put it on hold for Starfield then come back to it for future content. There was one other MMO I remember that did this, where the latest section added to the game was always super hard(to attempt to keep people playing) and that game was Vindictus. Great game, but I always ended up waiting for 2 new content releases instead of just 1, so that I could play the first content release when it was tuned down and correctly balanced, and then play the 2nd release when release 3 came out, etc.

I ended up having way, way less angry, sweaty dungeon runs due to following that method.

Killjoy-NL

They just announced compensation for the rocky first week:

- 1 Token (instantly unlock a Wayfinder)
- 1100 Runesilver
- 5 Reward Tower keys

Pretty generous compensation imo.

Niss is going to be tough for that area. I saw a ton of Niss players making one wrong move and going down instantly. Wingrave players fared way better, Venomess second, and I’d say Silo is third place depending on which skills you decided to level.

Senja, Niss, and Kairos will be much harder simply due to very little heal or complete lack of heal. Even Senja’s super armor on taunt didn’t help enough, but at least it kept me alive just a little longer than others.

I think once I beat the current story I will put it on hold for Starfield then come back to it for future content. There was one other MMO I remember that did this, where the latest section added to the game was always super hard(to attempt to keep people playing) and that game was Vindictus. Great game, but I always ended up waiting for 2 new content releases instead of just 1, so that I could play the first content release when it was tuned down and correctly balanced, and then play the 2nd release when release 3 came out, etc.

I ended up having way, way less angry, sweaty dungeon runs due to following that method.
Been leveling Niss the past few days (Level 17 currently) and took het into the first Woods dungeon underleveled (-350) and honestly, I don't see the problem.

Been playing with matchmaking and without (solo) and I can't say I had a problem running the dungeon. I can even compete it at a decent completion time.

I think the problem you encounter is up to playerskill and/or build.
There are some bigger enemies that can be a bit overwhelming, but that has a lot to do with (not) knowing their attack patterns.

That's not to say there shouldn't be some tweaks, because there are some OP-ish enemies in there, but it’s hardly problematic imho.

Last edited:

- 1 Token (instantly unlock a Wayfinder)
- 1100 Runesilver
- 5 Reward Tower keys

Pretty generous compensation imo.

Been leveling Niss the past few days and took het into the first Woods dungeon underleveled (-350) and honestly, I don't see the problem.

Been playing with matchmaking and without (solo) and I can't say I had a problem running the dungeon. I can even compete it at a decent completion time.

I think the problem you encounter is up to playerskill and/or build.
There are some bigger enemies that can be a bit overwhelming, but that has a lot to do with (not) knowing their attack patterns.

That's not to say there shouldn't be some tweaks, because there are some OP-ish enemies in there, but it’s hardly problematic imho.
I guess it just comes down to balancing things for the majority rather than the individual. It’s very clear to me that your skill level is higher than mine in this case. Also I’m not saying I can’t clear this personally, but if I’m having this tough of a time I can only imagine how tough of a time the majority are having with this section.

Most MMOs have a tough time staying alive when they begin to crank the difficulty up too high because that large audience who just wants to have fun, stops having fun and simply leaves. As someone who has literally missed a ton of great games from both the 360/PS3 and XBO/PS4 generations due to being so engrossed in multiple MMOs, I have seen time and time again what happens when this difficulty decay slowly sets in.

It’s currently happening with Lost Ark’s community(amongst other huge problems that game is having). Players denying others or kicking them from bosses and raids because they don’t have a specific set of features and a title that indicates they’ve won it before. It breeds a cycle of “either you get it or you don’t and we don’t want you if you don’t” and then suddenly those same hardcore fans turn around and wonder why their online game is in a near-death state or died out.

Regardless, I don’t see this as problematic in general, just detrimental to a game I want to succeed.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I guess it just comes down to balancing things for the majority rather than the individual. It’s very clear to me that your skill level is higher than mine in this case. Also I’m not saying I can’t clear this personally, but if I’m having this tough of a time I can only imagine how tough of a time the majority are having with this section.

Most MMOs have a tough time staying alive when they begin to crank the difficulty up too high because that large audience who just wants to have fun, stops having fun and simply leaves. As someone who has literally missed a ton of great games from both the 360/PS3 and XBO/PS4 generations due to being so engrossed in multiple MMOs, I have seen time and time again what happens when this difficulty decay slowly sets in.

It’s currently happening with Lost Ark’s community(amongst other huge problems that game is having). Players denying others or kicking them from bosses and raids because they don’t have a specific set of features and a title that indicates they’ve won it before. It breeds a cycle of “either you get it or you don’t and we don’t want you if you don’t” and then suddenly those same hardcore fans turn around and wonder why their online game is in a near-death state or died out.

Regardless, I don’t see this as problematic in general, just detrimental to a game I want to succeed.
Great point. I do have to say that I've been playing this game pretty hardcore and I definitely can see it being problematic for the average player.

It also might have to do with the camera and it's issues. There are a lot of situations where view is obstructed, which doesn't help with fights at all.
To combat this, I've grown accustomed to focus on dodging a lot, so that might have something to do with it.

From my experience, if you try to block attacks, for example, it is a bit of a different story and now that I think about it, that might be something they should look at.
There were times where I tried to block, especially against the larger enemies, where it didn't seem to so much at all and that resulting in lots of hits that imo shouldn't have happened.

I agree with you, the last thing this game needs is people walking away from it because imbalances push them away.

Also, I totally get what you say about the toxic elitism in MMOs. Destiny had that as well and FF XIV also to a lesser extent.
These kind of games stand or fall with the community and should be as welcoming as possible, without losing sight of the hardcore audience.

I miss out. I bought the game twice on PC during the very first week but refunded twice (first time due to not being able to play, second time due to UE4 crashes) and rebought it on PS5 but on the 27th. Kinda shitty, I've given it a good shake and I do like playing it now on the PS5 but I miss out on anything.

Top Bottom