• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss - Before and After

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimario

Banned
I'm sure some of you know that I did a much needed thing and lost a lot of weight over the last year, but none of you have really seen a direct comparison.
In 2001 I weighed 215.
In 2002 I weighed 250.
In 2003 I weighed 275.
Now I weigh 205.

I just got my new drivers licence photo and I've noticed what a visible change there has been. I know other people here have lost weight and I'd love to see before and after pictures. Here is mine.

dlba.jpg

I know I'm an ugly SOB, so try not to mention that fact. :(

B'z-chan

Banned
I need to get back on my plan. It was working out too. But now i feel horrible and i know why. I need to get back to doing my exercise plan. It would be beneficial. I lost nearly 50 pounds before putting 25 back on. Which really got to me. But i know i can do it again.

Ecrofirt

You're an ugly S... I mean nice accomplishment.

I'm unfortunately going in the other direction. Since football season ended in November, I've gained about 20 pounds. I know I need to lose it, but I still eat the same amount I did when I played football.

olimario

Banned
MetaKnight said:
Tell us more.

I was in the best shape of my life in 2000 and 2001. I weighed 215, had a lot of muscle mass, and I was ripped.
I moved schools, quit football, and gained 60 lbs in 2 years.
Last August I made it a point to lose all of that weight again and was down to 205 by March. Eating right, eating in moderation, and running every day does wonders.

Makura

How tall are you?

BTW, Congrats. My brother recently lost almost a third of his body weight simply by counting calories, cutting out red meat/beer/junk etc. and running ten miles every day.

I think for most people there is no "secret" diet. You just eat less and exercise. Diet fads are out of control IMO.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
you look like a different person, man. I kinda know how you feel though as I went from 170 to 215 then finally to 185 in a matter of a few years.

olimario

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
Are thin people less likeable?

I was more jolly when I was fat.

How tall are you?

BTW, Congrats. My brother recently lost almost a third of his body weight simply by counting calories, cutting out red meat/beer/junk etc. and running ten miles every day.

I think for most people there is no "secret" diet. You just eat less and exercise. Diet fads are out of control IMO.

6'4
10 miles is a LOT to run in a day. I usually did like 2 at a decent pace.

you look like a different person, man. I kinda know how you feel though as I went from 170 to 215 then finally to 185 in a matter of a few years.

Thanks. :)
Yah, weight fluctuation isn't very fun.

Hey did you get your teeth whitened? I see a diff between '03 and '04.
I got a little tan and I used white strips for 2 weeks.

3phemeral

This won't be as dramatic as yours but I went through something similar:

In High School I was 140lbs, anorexic geek at 5'11 (but agents seemed to love it, though >:-/):

01.jpg

Then, somehow in college I let my weight get to me, and instead of gaining the freshmen 15, I gained the freshmen 45 in a year.

185lbs:

02.jpg

03.jpg

There's another pic I have where I'm just way obviously overweight, but I'll have wait until my friend gets home to forward it to me.

I didn't realize I was overweight until I went to the mall with my friends and decided to use my excess change on one of those old-fashioned weight counters. When I slid the quarter into the slot, I halfway expected it to read "165", but my heart dropped when it said "185." At first I thought it was a mechanical error, so I dragged my friends to the nearest Brookstones to check my weight on several of their digital machines only to confirm the same thing. So I yelled at myself in my mind and went on a salad diet for 2 months, only to lose 10 lbs :(.

I realized that I had to change other things besides my diet, so I started to work out by joining dance classes and jogging classes to get me used to the physical activity. I never danced before in my life, but my teacher encouraged me so much that she decided to put me on her demo team, and from there, to the official school hip hop team. By that time I was pretty gung-ho about keeping my health straight, and although I'm not too much of a healthy nut, I try watching myself every now and then.

150lbs:

05.jpg

And I'm a little embarrassed to post this since I know how silly it is to post body shots on a forum, but it's the only thing I have access to at the moment, so I apologoize for those of you who might be a little irked. I made it smaller =P~:
06.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I lost almost 45 pounds in last 11 months (from 237 to 193). Simple - daily exercise (10-15 miles on bike, fitness) & healty food.

olimario

Banned
3pheMeraLmiX said:
This won't be as dramatic as yours but I went through something similar:

In High School I was 140lbs, anorexic geek at 5'11 (but agents seemed to love it, though >:-/):

01.jpg

Then, somehow in college I let my weight get to me, and instead of gaining the freshmen 15, I gained the freshmen 45 in a year.

185lbs:

02.jpg

03.jpg

There's another pic I have where I'm just way obviously overweight, but I'll have wait until my friend gets home to forward it to me.

I didn't realize I was overweight until I went to the mall with my friends and decided to use my excess change on one of those old-fashioned weight counters. When I slid the quarter into the slot, I halfway expected it to read "165", but my heart dropped when it said "185." At first I thought it was a mechanical error, so I dragged my friends to the nearest Brookstones to check my weight on several of their digital machines only to confirm the same thing. So I yelled at myself in my mind and went on a salad diet for 2 months, only to lose 10 lbs :(.

I realized that I had to change other things besides my diet, so I started to work out by joining dance classes and jogging classes to get me used to the physical activity. I never danced before in my life, but my teacher encouraged me so much that she decided to put me on her demo team, and from there, to the official school hip hop team. By that time I was pretty gung-ho about keeping my health straight, and although I'm not too much of a healthy not, I try watching myself every now and then.

150lbs:

05.jpg

And I'm a little embarrassed to post this since I know how silly it is to post body shots on a forum, but it's the only thing I have access to at the moment, so I apologoize for those of you who might be a little irked. I made it smaller =P~:
06.jpg

That is some pretty dramatic stuff. Working out really helped your body, as everyone can see. I've been working out too, but I don't have any body shots.
Shave your stache and youll be good to go.

Here are a couple more of me.
aussie.jpg

shoot1.jpg
shoot2.jpg

garykiwi.jpg

element

my weight problems started when i join a game company. I was 140 lbs 5 years ago, now I am 200 lbs. Free sodas, long hours, eating out (pizza and other junk) will do it to ya.

I hope to drop 15 lbs in the next 2 months or so. I want to be 175 by the end of the year.

My steps to losing weight.
1. Cut soda out (i make soda a treat, i used to drink 2 to 3 a day. While I am at 2 to 3 a week now)
2. Joined a softball team
3. Picking better foods. Fish is in season, and family friends are fisherman so I get it cheap. Trying to cut out fast food all together.
4. Gym 3 days a week. 20 minutes on bike, another 20 in weights, another 20 playing basketball.

Chittagong

Gold Member
But.. but... you look nothing like in that E3 pic that was from 2003 I think.

Well done anyhow, I'm trying to melt a good 10 kg myself right now, 2 kg gone in last two weeks, so the speed is ok.

Lost 30 lbs junior year of highschool. Been 145-150 till I moved to AZ. All the lifting at work has bumped me back up a bit.

MonkeyBoy

oh yeah!!!one year ago i weighed 198 baby, and now thanks to a diet of ramen noodles and mac'n'gag i weigh 154!!! eat it!!!

Greekboy

Banned
How tall are you olimario?

EDIT: OK, 6ft 4. Unless you have a very low bf % I'd say you might be too skinny at that height now. How much can you brench press?

AssMan

Banned
I was 6'1 200 lbs in high school and could bench 300 lbs. Been about 3 years i've been out of high school, and currently I weigh 185 and can only bench 265 lbs. :( My BP is 5%.=)

xsarien

daedsiluap
The key, at the end of the day, really is just good, old-fashioned calorie counting. All of this shit about Atkins, while sound advice on paper, can make people go overboard very quickly. The simple method of not taking in more energy than you burn off, or at least not going so far over the line that it's just egregious is paramount.

I noticed about two weeks ago that some pants were getting a little tight, so ever since I've been throttling back on lunch. Replacing roast beef with turkey, flavored seltzer or water instead of soda, etc. Unfortunately, this isn't like my last job where I could take the stairs to my office, that's probably what triggered it. I'm normally a light eater anyway.

Alucard

Banned
Congrats on the weight loss. Hopefully in a year from now I'll have a similar success story. So far I've lost 18-20 pounds in 2 1/2 months by eating healthier and exercising regularly (4-5 times a week, sometimes more). Go me.

Brannon

Drill Instructors tore my Amy Tan novel, threw my watch out the window, ate my care package (it was piroulines man...), and stole 85 pounds from my body.

I still need to find out what happens at the end of the Kitchen God's Wife. That book was getting pretty vicious. Wen Fu = ultimate asshole.

During my senior year of HS (more than 6 years ago now), I saw that I was 345 LBS (I'm 6'4) after I went to a doctors appointment for the first time in a while. This scared me a lot.

After school was done I went on vacation for about 7 weeks and did a lot of swimming and ate at a moderate pace w/ no junk while only drinking water. After I came back to start college, I basically continued to eat the same way as I did on vacation and continued to drink just water, while tossing in some excercise. Basically, a year went by and I went to get on a scale for the heck of it and saw that I was 245 LBS. I couldn't believe it but it happened.

Since then I've gotten down to as low as 216 LBS (about 2 years ago), but have ballooned up in recent times to around 260 LBS. I've got to get myself going again :(

element

Malakhov said:
Element: Diet Soda.
thinks like aspertain and what not scare me. Probably wouldn't hurt me, but i've replaced soda with water and light juices. which in the long run is better for me.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Wow, I'm like a smaller version of olimario.

I look a lot like him, and I'm 5' 9" and 150 lbs.

Meier

I'm 5'11" and weigh about 152-158 pounds at any given time. I did weigh as much as 165 once though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom